PDA

View Full Version : DRF survey

jeebus1083
04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Based on the survey, It looks like DRF is exploring the possibility of selling the "Daily Racing Program" simulcast cards (the programs that used to be sold at NYC OTBs, and are sold at NYRA tracks) at $1.50/card as a "value" alternative to purchasing the classic DRF, as well as a $6 "custom card" option, where one can choose 10 races from any track as one race card.

While I am all for value, I feel that DRF is going about this all wrong. Why sell an inferior product (which Daily Racing Program is IMO) at $1.50/card when Brisnet's Premium Plus PPs are $1/card, and have as much, if not more, similar information as DRF Classic? Heck, if DRP programs are going to be the "value" alternative, price match Brisnet minus 1 cent... sell them at 99c/card! Beat Brisnet!

I've beaten this point before, and I applaud DRF for trying a bargain alternative. I just disagree with how they are going about it.

so.cal.fan
04-18-2012, 02:50 PM
The DRF has a great program for the summer Del Mar meet.
They offer the "Del Mar Deal" where you get the entire meet online classic pp's for about a dollar a day.

I've been purchasing these during Del Mar for the past several years.
I'm not familiar with the pp programs.
Any way to see a copy of one?
Thanks in advance
So.Cal.Fan

Tom
04-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I was very consistent in my answers - DRF is terribly over-priced and much of the stuff is very bad. Now that want of offer more over-priced crap for $1.50 and use EB figs instead of Beyers??? EB figs are terrible!

I used the word "duh?" about 20 times.

Hard2Like
04-18-2012, 09:49 PM
What a joke.We call that thing the simulcast roster.
It's what those guys at the dog track buy instead of soap.

proximity
04-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Based on the survey, It looks like DRF is exploring the possibility of selling the "Daily Racing Program" simulcast cards (the programs that used to be sold at NYC OTBs, and are sold at NYRA tracks) at $1.50/card as a "value" alternative to purchasing the classic DRF, as well as a $6 "custom card" option, where one can choose 10 races from any track as one race card.

i wasn't sure it was possible, but they've reached a new low.

and they had to dig deep.

duncan04
04-18-2012, 11:44 PM
I took it and told them i buy a form when I go to the track sometimes. Otherwise I am content with the free bris pp's i get thru Twinspires. Most times when I go to the track I download the pp's and save them on my I-pad.
So I dont really care what "deals" they come up with

elhelmete
04-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Someone should sell PPs a la carte via iTunes with a companion app allowing not only "handwritten notes" but maybe even a few analytical tools.

I'm about this >< far away from ditching paper altogether once I make the leap to buying a tablet.

phattty
04-19-2012, 10:02 PM
my i pad has already paid for itself with bris free pps

bought it in december as a xmas gift to myself

Canarsie
04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
I was very consistent in my answers - DRF is terribly over-priced and much of the stuff is very bad. Now that want of offer more over-priced crap for $1.50 and use EB figs instead of Beyers??? EB figs are terrible!

I used the word "duh?" about 20 times.

I did the same thing and went into great detail. Wish the survey wasn't anonymous it would have been far better if my name was attached to it.

Good job Tom everybody needs to do this maybe they will get the message. At worst with writing reasons it should take around 10-15 minutes tops. If you buy products from them and don't reply griping becomes inconsequential.

jelly
04-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I use bris free pps.

The sooner Equibase gives the pps out for free the sooner the game can attract newer players.

jeebus1083
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Bumping in light of DRF's release of Daily Racing Program.

Brisnet is still the better buy with the added data (if that's what you're into), but DRF did the right thing in matching Brisnet's $1 for their new basic PP offering. I'd like to see if this offering bites into the sales of DRF's "classic" PP offering.

RXB
07-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Perhaps somebody could pass along NYRA's actual takeout rates to DRF.

http://static.drf.com/PDFs/sample/BELDRPPPSample.pdf

1st time lasix
07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Perhaps somebody could pass along NYRA's actual takeout rates to DRF.

http://static.drf.com/PDFs/sample/BELDRPPPSample.pdf Couldn't open the link.....I assume they are "reasonably competetive" for win, double and exacta pools....Not so good {above 25%} for all their exotics.

Bullet Plane
07-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Seemed like they didn't really want feedback. Just wanting to push DRF BET, but didn't mention a rebate, which is about all that would get me to change.

horses4courses
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Seemed like they didn't really want feedback. Just wanting to push DRF BET, but didn't mention a rebate, which is about all that would get me to change.

I mentioned the same in the closing comments of the survey.
There is no incentive at all to join DRF Bets if you are already an Xpressbet member. Besides, I prefer BRIS PPs and get them free at TwinSpires.

There is no way I would consider joining DRF Bets, unless I got a rebate.
That ain't gonna happen......

netbet
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I see that they are offering a Saratoga and Del Mar package again this year. The issue I see is...the Del Mar package is for 30 PP's...but the meet is what 36-37 days? The Saratoga package is offering 40 PP's which is correct.

The DRF has a great program for the summer Del Mar meet.
They offer the "Del Mar Deal" where you get the entire meet online classic pp's for about a dollar a day.

I've been purchasing these during Del Mar for the past several years.
I'm not familiar with the pp programs.
Any way to see a copy of one?
Thanks in advance
So.Cal.Fan