PDA

View Full Version : How 'Bout Dem Dodgers?

andtheyreoff
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
9-1 to start the season. Currently tied 2-2 with the Brewers, bottom of the 7th.

Are they legit, or only a passing fad?

Robert Fischer
04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
see if the pitching holds up

fiveouttasix
04-17-2012, 11:13 PM
7 games vs SD & 3 vs Pittsburgh.

andtheyreoff
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
They became the first team to win 30 games last night with a gutsy win over the Diamondbacks. They're now 30-13, seven games clear of the Giants, and they have the best record in the National League by four games.

Canarsie
05-23-2012, 04:34 PM
With a classy owner like this how can they go anywhere but up.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/05/magic-johnson-converts-lifelong-larry-bird-fan-don-mattingly-gives-each-dodgers-player-signed-lakers.html

I was never a Lakers fan but always one of Magic. He is always classy even when he was eating out. Top notch guy.

bigmack
05-23-2012, 04:49 PM
While dining in Hawaii years ago, Magic was at the adjoining table with his wife, Cookie. I chatted with them for quite a while and they were the nicest folk anyone could ever meet. There wasn't a second they didn't have big smiles on their faces. Then again, I have Grade A humor material. :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
05-23-2012, 04:57 PM
While dining in Hawaii years ago, Magic was at the adjoining table with his wife, Cookie. I chatted with them for quite a while and they were the nicest folk anyone could ever meet. There wasn't a second they didn't have big smiles on their faces.

I want to meet that Mack.

JustRalph
05-23-2012, 05:17 PM
My wife has personal experience dealing with Mr. Magic while he was dining out, several times in fact. Her description to me starts with a 'p' and ends with a 'rick'

Those online stories and videos that were available of him back in the 90 's when he was hanging with Arsenio and Eddie Murphy while throwing pool parties Were very revealing of his character

He also wants to be Mayor of LA but laments the pay cut, to anyone willing to listen.