PDA

View Full Version : Who will be Romney's VP candidate?

horses4courses
04-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Marco Rubio and Rob Portman seem to head the list.
After McCain's debacle, the choice is very important.
I'm no expert, but I hear Portman has a good shot.
Who do you think will be on the ticket?

Greyfox
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Marco Rubio and Rob Portman seem to head the list.
After McCain's debacle, the choice is very important.
Who do you think will be on the ticket?

I doubt that he'd accept my suggestion, but from a strategic viewpoint either Paul Ryan or Condoleeza Rice would strengthen the ticket, for different reasons.

ArlJim78
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Dick Cheney. He's recharged now, got a new ticker. experienced. Let's go.

badcompany
04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
The Overweight Lover

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Dm4sFu73cJo/TOaDxXD-QcI/AAAAAAAAa5A/Hcpx2DDpWew/s1600/chris-christie-2009-11-4-3-10-33.jpg

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Larry the Cable Guy seems like an obvious choice if he really wants to guarantee victory.

Robert Goren
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
A better question, who would want it? I can't see any the people on the list wanting it. It will probably be somebody that most people have never heard of. I suppose he could pull a Reagan and take his biggest rival in primaries, Santorum. That is always a possibility. He is sure acting like he trying to force it ala LBJ and JFK.

rastajenk
04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
"McCain's debacle?" I'd say Ste. Sarah helped to make the race as close as it was.

mostpost
04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
"McCain's debacle?" I'd say Ste. Sarah helped to make the race as close as it was.

It is astounding how you guys on the right perceive things. Absolutely no connection to reality.

JustRalph
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Look at the numbers in the 2004 election. The entire event came down to southwest ohio. Cincy, Hamilton county etc

That's Rob Portman country
I dont think he has a high enough profile.......but if you are trying to win Ohio?

lsbets
04-17-2012, 05:29 PM
It won't be Christie.

I think Rubio will be really tempting for Florida, Hispanics, and the Tea Party. The same goes for the governor of New Mexico. Hispanic female, but she has said she won't do it, but they all say that.

There's been some rumors about Rand Paul. Romney and Ron Paul had a very cordial relationship during the primaries, and a lot of people have speculated that Paul kept it tame against Romney because he sees Rand as a rising star who will take up his mantle in 4 years. There have been reports of the two campaigns talking about a convention role for Paul for months, and of a high profile for Rand.

Robert Goren
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
It won't be Christie.

I think Rubio will be really tempting for Florida, Hispanics, and the Tea Party. The same goes for the governor of New Mexico. Hispanic female, but she has said she won't do it, but they all say that.

There's been some rumors about Rand Paul. Romney and Ron Paul had a very cordial relationship during the primaries, and a lot of people have speculated that Paul kept it tame against Romney because he sees Rand as a rising star who will take up his mantle in 4 years. There have been reports of the two campaigns talking about a convention role for Paul for months, and of a high profile for Rand.A Hispanic on the ticket would have a lot explaining to do concerning immigration. That seems to be a can of worms that Romney wouldn't want to open. There is no way that Romney is going to put Rand Paul on the ticket. The first rule of picking a VP is to pick one that isn't going to scare 70% of the electorate. In the GOP that is hard to do and still have one that will excite the base. If I were him, I would pick Newt. He is not scary to most people and the base of the GOP doesn't hate his guts. Very few people love him and very few people hate. The prefect VP candidate.

fast4522
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
I am so looking forward to the October/November time frame, when posting in such threads will make some pus themselves.

lamboguy
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
i got a sneaking suspicion he is going to go for JON KYL, the senator from ARIZONA

BlinkersOn
04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
KIM KARDASHIAN

bigmack
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
KIM KARDASHIAN
3 strikes, you're out.

1. Unfunny
2. She's repulsive
3. Horrific attempt at humor

Leave off-top and never return.

rastajenk
04-17-2012, 08:45 PM
It is astounding how you guys on the right perceive things. Absolutely no connection to reality.I saw it first hand; where did you get your version of reality from.

I was at a McCain/Palin event, and the no-name from Alaska got a much more enthusiastic crowd response than the moderate whose turn it was to run in that cycle. By far. She was better on the stump, she won her debate, she brought out folks that might have otherwise taken a pass. If she was such a millstone, why didn't she just fade away...why did the leftoid hit machine have to run full tilt to try to keep her in her place well after the election?

I don't suppose that you, secluded in your palatial high-rise tenement in a failed state, ever really got out and saw that, did you? Probably just read and heard stuff, that's your reality. Mine is based on real experiences. :D

elysiantraveller
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Its going to be Paul Ryan. He has been far and away the most active in recent weeks.

elysiantraveller
04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's funny...

bigmack
04-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Its going to be Paul Ryan. He has been far and away the most active in recent weeks.
There was a primary in WI. They were handing out subs. By the way, I wonder how mostoast is coming on that investigation.

lsbets - Why you no think Christie Cream?

lsbets
04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
There was a primary in WI. They were handing out subs. By the way, I wonder how mostoast is coming on that investigation.

He's from the northeast. So is Romney. Geographically it makes no sense. As much as I like Christie, he adds nothing to the ticket. But a Christie/Biden debate would be one of the best things ever.

Romney will go with someone from a key state - Florida, New Mexico, and Ohio all fit. Plus, Romney shores up the tea party with any one of those, and in Florida and New Mexico adds someone who helps demographically.

bigmack
04-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Romney will go with someone from a key state - Florida, New Mexico, and Ohio all fit. Plus, Romney shores up the tea party with any one of those, and in Florida and New Mexico adds someone who helps demographically.
Stands to reason but I sure hope with your NM reference you're not still trying to wiggle in Gary J. :rolleyes:

I can't see MarcoRubo being offered as his endorsement was soft and I see little chemistry there.

What about Johnny Thune? Sen/SD

Although Romney/Thune is tongue trippingly clunky.

http://www.kdlt.com/images/news_images/large/content_id_14886.jpg

elysiantraveller
04-17-2012, 09:19 PM

He has also gone from endorsing to very actively campaigning as well as seeking more media exposure...

It will be Ryan.

bigmack
04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
It will be Ryan.
They sure look good together but they risk losing votes to people as imbecilic as Goren with the granny/cliff thing.

elysiantraveller
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
They sure look good together but they risk losing votes to people as imbecilic as Goren with the granny/cliff thing.

If they are trying to get the Goren's of the world to vote for them I'm moving...

lsbets
04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Stands to reason but I sure hope with your NM reference you're not still trying to wiggle in Gary J. :rolleyes:

I can't see MarcoRubo being offered as his endorsement was soft and I see little chemistry there.

http://www.kdlt.com/images/news_images/large/content_id_14886.jpg

Even if SD was a swing state, they have what, 4 people living there?

Steve 'StatMan'
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM

I think you're right.

Are you going to vote for Romney/Thune?

No, not until November.

bigmack
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Check again the pop of AK, MD. Paloon & ByeDen

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I want to see more Herman Cain commercials.

bigmack
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
I want to see more Herman Cain commercials.
Comin' right up but brace yerself, they can be macabre.

EdpN5C1_flQ

Tom
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Palin was the stronger half of the ticket.

mostpost
04-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I saw it first hand; where did you get your version of reality from.

I was at a McCain/Palin event, and the no-name from Alaska got a much more enthusiastic crowd response than the moderate whose turn it was to run in that cycle. By far. She was better on the stump, she won her debate, she brought out folks that might have otherwise taken a pass. If she was such a millstone, why didn't she just fade away...why did the leftoid hit machine have to run full tilt to try to keep her in her place well after the election?

I don't suppose that you, secluded in your palatial high-rise tenement in a failed state, ever really got out and saw that, did you? Probably just read and heard stuff, that's your reality. Mine is based on real experiences. :D

You base your opinion on what happened at a campaign rally and then ask me where I get my version of reality. Yes, Palin attracted a lot of conservative votes that may not have gone to McCain without her. But she cost him a lot more moderate votes.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107674/gallup-daily-election-2008.aspx
Gallup daily tracking poll in 2008.
McCain selected Palin August 31. After the convention, thanks to the usual convention bounce and that selection, which was popular with the true believers, McCain led Obama 48 to 43.

Then Charles Gibson interviewed Palin around Sept. 11 or 12. Among other things she had no clue what the Bush Doctrine was. The Sept. 14 tracking poll showed Obama back in the lead 47 to 45. Then came the Couric interviews and Obama's lead increased to 48 to 44. That lead continued to increase right up to the election. No one-with any intelligence-wanted to put the Wasilla Wacko a heartbeat from the presidency.

mostpost
04-17-2012, 11:42 PM

You're thinking of North Dakota. South Dakota has several hundred. Plus cows.

Track Collector
04-18-2012, 01:34 AM
3 strikes, you're out.
1. Unfunny
2. She's repulsive
3. Horrific attempt at humor
Leave off-top and never return.

Another toxic response from self-serving you.

Robert Goren
04-18-2012, 05:34 AM
It won't be Christie. If he wanted to run national office this year, he would be the one picking the VP candidate.

Valuist
04-18-2012, 08:12 AM
It won't be Santorum, either.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santorum-letter-romney-nominee-truly-frightens-073835658.html

Robert Goren
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
It won't be Santorum, either.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santorum-letter-romney-nominee-truly-frightens-073835658.html Santorum wants something for his endorsement. I know some of you see him as sort conservative moral leader, but his record as senator for 12 years showed him to him to be just another politician. He could cut a deal for his vote with the best of them. He wants a deal just like the rest of them who "suspended" their campaigns instead of just quitting. This is the end of the line for Santorum as politician unless he can get a bone from Romney. All the talk by Santorum about Romney is just posturing by him at this point.

Track Collector
04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
It won't be Christie. If he wanted to run national office this year, he would be the one picking the VP candidate.

I agree. Those who might have future aspirations of being President typically do not see the VP path as the means to get there. Perhaps only those less well known would consider. Christie is also of very strong personality, so he would likely not be content with the lesser role.

Santorum would seem to be out with regard to VP consideration as well. Many of the ruling Republican establishment are contributors to the problems we are experiencing today, and it should come as no surprise that they deep down they view members of the Tea Party movement as enemies rather than allies.

As to the poll list, I think Ryan has the best shot among those specifically named. That said, it is often more beneficial to select someone else under the radar and at a much later date. The goal here is to pick someone who will help Romney pick up important swing votes and at the same time be well-distanced from any type of emotionally-charged social issue.

rastajenk
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes, Palin attracted a lot of conservative votes that may not have gone to McCain without her. But she cost him a lot more moderate votes.Just to keep harping on it for the sake of harping on it, thank you, you confirmed my point.

Those moderates, whoever they were, had been subjected to eight years of anti-Bush journalism, and were suffering from Bush fatigue. There was no one McCain could have selected that would have made himself more appealing to those folks. So the conservatives that weren't burnt on Bush but thought maybe McCain was Bush Lite or something came back instead of sitting out. Without her it would have been a bigger blowout. I am set in this conviction, none of your mothership messages can convince me otherwise. ;)

badcompany
04-18-2012, 02:56 PM
A name that hasn't been mentioned, here, is Colonel Allen West.

Every time I hear him speak, I come away impressed. He was recently on Hannity and when asked about being VP, he didn't dismiss the notion.

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Another toxic response from self-serving you. That was Mackie's lame attempt at humor...best not to take it personally...

bigmack
04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
That was Mackie's lame attempt at humor...best not to take it personally...
Lame? Who's funnier than me around this joint besides Tom, toes, JHS, Falconridge, rasta, and around a dozen others?

Geeze, man. :ThmbDown:

lsbets
04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Lame? Who's funnier than me around this joint besides Tom, toes, JHS, Falconridge, rasta, and around a dozen others?

Geeze, man. :ThmbDown:

If it makes you feel better, I'm sure everyone would agree you are funnier than Boxcar. ;)

bigmack
04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
If it makes you feel better, I'm sure everyone would agree you are funnier than Boxcar. ;)
Malarkey. Each time I read his sign-off, I crack up.

Guy's a scream.

Oh well, I'll keep tryin' to be funny.

NJ Stinks
04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Oh well, I'll keep tryin' to be funny.

You are at your funniest when you are not at your crankiest.

But don't quote me. ;)

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2012, 02:32 AM

Geeze, man. :ThmbDown:So you're admitting that reply was an attempt at humor? See...told you it was lame... :lol:

Mike at A+
04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
My original ticket was Ryan/Romney during the 0bamacare vote in 2009. Ryan knows the math better than anyone and I thought he'd be at the top of the 2012 ticket. But he's young and I'd settle for Romney/Ryan. I could just see Ryan totally shredding Biden in a debate and 0bama without a teleprompter listening to Romney shred him on his dismal record should make some great TV viewing.

BlueShoe
04-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Darned if I know. My personal choice is a man that rejected a run for the top spot, so not likely to accept a VP slot, and that is Sen. Jim DeMint R-SC. Much as I like Marco Rubio, feel that he needs more seasoning and should sit tight in the Senate. At only 40 there is 2016 or 2020 to consider, plenty of time for him. Two female governors have been mentioned, Susana Martinez or Nikki Haley, but both are very new in office and Haley is very young, the same age as Rubio. Christie has repeatedly stated his lack of interest, and tend to believe him. Too much bad blood and lack of chemistry between Romney and Santorum, so that appears out. Ryan? Newt? Perry? Bachmann?

badcompany
04-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Much as I like Marco Rubio, feel that he needs more seasoning and should sit tight in the Senate. At only 40 there is 2016 or 2020 to consider, plenty of time for him.

Looks like he agrees with you. It seems to point towards Portman:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/04/marco-rubio-says-he-would-turn-down-vp-slot-if-asked/

Sen. Marco Rubio said today he would decline any offer from Mitt Romney to be a part of the GOP ticket this fall.

“I don’t want to be the vice president,” the Florida Republican said during an interview with Major Garrett of the National Journal.

“So, if Mitt Romney asks, you will you say no?” Garrett asked.

“Yes. But you know he’s not going to ask. That doesn’t work. He’s watching this interview right now,” Rubio, 40, said.

Rubio even went as far as recommending another U.S. senator for Romney to consider in his VP vetting: Ohio Sen. Rob Portman.

“The bigger point is we’ve got a lot of really talented people out there that Mitt Romney can get to pick from,” Rubio said. “And I think a lot, Senator Rob Portman would be a phenomenal choice for vice president. That’s where I would encourage him to look because I’m enjoying my service in the Senate.”

Lefty
04-19-2012, 01:51 PM
We need a VP candidate that can best Biden in a debate.
So the VP choice should be...
JUST ABOUT ANYBODY...

NJ Stinks
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
My original ticket was Ryan/Romney during the 0bamacare vote in 2009. Ryan knows the math better than anyone and I thought he'd be at the top of the 2012 ticket. But he's young and I'd settle for Romney/Ryan. I could just see Ryan totally shredding Biden in a debate and 0bama without a teleprompter listening to Romney shred him on his dismal record should make some great TV viewing.

Mike, someday we are going to agree on something political. But it's not today.

Those debates you can't wait for? Me neither.

elysiantraveller
04-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Mike, someday we are going to agree on something political. But it's not today.

Those debates you can't wait for? Me neither.

Paul Ryan is one of those guys that will lay a thumping on someone. The guy is extremely smart. I like to think myself pretty intelligent, and I disagree with Ryan on a lot of things, but the guy would give me a pretty good beatdown.

He is one of those types of guys that can sell Ice to Eskimo's. Obama is much the same way for the left.

BlueShoe
04-19-2012, 05:10 PM
We need a VP candidate that can best Biden in a debate.
Really do not think that this is much of a factor. Old Joe beats himself just by saying something. Open mouth wide, insert foot, bite down hard, and so on, Joe rarely disappoints when it comes to sounding like a jackass.:D

bigmack
04-19-2012, 07:00 PM
A Romney-Christie ticket ties an Obama-Biden ticket, with each taking 47 percent of the vote. Put Jeb Bush on the ticket, and it’s a 48-47 lead for Obama. With either Santorum or Huckabee as a running mate, Romney trails by just two percent, 48-46 percent.

Jeb who?

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/19/poll-christie-as-vp-helps-romney-the-most-rubio-would-hurt-candidacy/

Lefty
04-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Really do not think that this is much of a factor. Old Joe beats himself just by saying something. Open mouth wide, insert foot, bite down hard, and so on, Joe rarely disappoints when it comes to sounding like a jackass.:D

Hey, Blueshoe, if you had used the rest of my post you would have realized that was EXACTLY my point. Half a quote makes me look like i'm saying something different than I am.

Robert Goren
04-20-2012, 03:47 AM
Ryan would make the tea party happy, but I doubt that he get any votes from people who voted for Obama in 2008. The people who love Ryan are already going to vote for Romney.

rastajenk
04-20-2012, 06:11 AM
That's how you win elections, dude. You can't give away any of your base reaching out for those misguided unprincipled saps in the middle that take a false pride in being "independent." :p

Robert Goren
04-20-2012, 06:18 AM
That's how you win elections, dude. You can't give away any of your base reaching out for those misguided unprincipled saps in the middle that take a false pride in being "independent." :p I hope Romney feels the same way you do. I'd love to a right wing nut on the GOP ticket.

rastajenk
04-20-2012, 07:01 AM
So Paul Ryan is a right-wing nut to you?

Robert Goren
04-20-2012, 11:16 AM
So Paul Ryan is a right-wing nut to you? Yes

cj's dad
04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Was this a Freudian slip ?

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_395.shtml

Lefty
04-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes, classic. I guarantee if Romney asks, he'll accept!

Tom
04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Me too, lefty. :cool:

JustRalph
04-20-2012, 05:04 PM
The vice prez is normally the real bulldog during the campaign

Chris Christy would be a great bull dog

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2012, 11:37 PM
YesYou have very odd opinions.

ArlJim78
04-21-2012, 08:16 AM
yes it is odd when a smart, honest, down to earth politican like Ryan is considered a dangerous right wing nut, and a person like Obama with his god complex and giant ego, a profuse liar, divider, failure, spendaholic, architect of failed policies that even Democrats can't support is considered a compassionate savior who can do no wrong.

It's like the bizarro world on Seinfeld.

there is something about Wisconsin because they are producing a slew of great politicians. Senator Ron Johnson, congressman Ryan, Gov Walker and lt. gov Kleeficsh, they are all from the same mold. Bright, limited egos, conservative but not abrasive, steely resolve in the face of the barbarian hordes, (including the media), the mud slingers and threats of every kind.

Tom
04-21-2012, 10:58 AM
And most be hard pressed to give a reason why...they just parrot the party line.

BlueShoe
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey, Blueshoe, if you had used the rest of my post you would have realized that was EXACTLY my point. Half a quote makes me look like i'm saying something different than I am.
Nope, not at all. Just responding to humor with humor at Old Joe's expense. Most of us pretty much agree that Biden is a dolt that usually shoots himself in the foot every time he opens his trap. :D

mostpost
04-21-2012, 03:54 PM
there is something about Wisconsin because they are producing a slew of great politicians. Senator Ron Johnson, congressman Ryan, Gov Walker and lt. gov Kleeficsh, they are all from the same mold. Bright, limited egos, conservative but not abrasive, steely resolve in the face of the barbarian hordes, (including the media), the mud slingers and threats of every kind.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron Johnson is a nonsequitor. Rebecca Kleefisch compared gay marriage to marrying your dog.
As to Scott Walker; over the last year, Wisconsin has the worst job creation record in the country. Just in the month of March, Wisconsin lost 4,500 jobs. In the same month Illinois gained 9,100 jobs while California (the subject of a thread here on how terrible life was in California) gained 18,200 jobs. The percentage gains were Illinois +.16%; California +.13% and Wisconsin minus .16%.

Scott Walker claims to have balanced the Wisconsin budget. Well he did, IF you use the cash method accounting system. which accounts for how much money is in the bank at the end of the fiscal year after bills have been paid. If there remains cash in the bank account, then there is no deficit.

A more accurate method is GAAP. GAAP (the acronym for Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) accounting takes into consideration the money expected to come in and the money committed to going out in order to work out where an organization actually stands.

If you employ the cash method being utilized by Governor Walker, were you to have $100 in the bank at the end of the year, after all the invoices that came in during December have been paid, you can credibly claim that you have no deficit. Never mind that you know full well that a credit card bill is coming in January for the $5,000 you spent Christmas shopping during the month of December and that there won’t be anywhere near enough cash in your bank account to pay that bill when it arrives. That is what we call a deficit. If you are using GAAP, you are required to account for that $5,000 obligation in the month you rack up the obligation. Thus, what is a $100 surplus if you are using cash accounting becomes a $4900 deficit if you are using the more precise GAAP accounting.

The above in italics is from:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/02/14/will-gov-scott-walker-ever-come-clean-on-wisconsins-budget-deficit/2/

Now there is nothing inherently wrong with using Cash Method Accounting.
There are two things wrong with Walker using it here. First Walker campaigned in 2010 against the use of the Cash Method. Now he is using it when it suits him. Hypocrite? Second, and more egregiously, at the same time he was using the Cash Method to tell the people of Wisconsin that he had balanced the budget; he was sending a letter to the Federal Department of Health and Human Services in which he used GAAP to argue that Wisconsin was running a deficit and should be allowed to cut people from the Medicaid rolls. Hypocrite? Big Hypocrite!!!

Paul Ryan. What can you say about Paul Ryan and his soak the poor reward the rich budget? Catholic Bishops said it was indefensible and anathema to Catholic social tradition.
The tax cuts in the proposed budget would disproportionately favor the rich.
A person earning $10,000 would see a decrease of 2% in their annual income.
One earning $500,000 would see an increase of 4.8%, while a a millionaire would see a whopping 12.5% increase.
As for the effect of the Ryan budget on medicare, here are seven ways in which the Ryan budget would undermine medicare and medicaid:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/04/05/172014/paul-ryan-budget-medicare-medicaid-myths/

1. SENIORS WILL PAY MORE FOR THE SAME BENEFITS:
2. INSURERS WILL LIKELY CHERRY-PICK THE HEALTHIEST ENROLLEES:
3. COSTS WILL INCREASE IN TRADITIONAL MEDICARE
4. SENIORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EASILY ‘CHOOSE A PLAN THAT BEST SUITS THEIR NEEDS’
5. SENIORS WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME EXCHANGE AS MEMBERS OF CONGRESS:
6. BLOCK GRANTS WOULD DESTROY MEDICAID
7. VITAL SERVICES ENDANGERED

A slew of great politicians? More lke a slough; a fetid swampland filled with decay.

If I have time, I may address your equally silly first paragraph.

bigmack
04-21-2012, 04:58 PM
You have very odd opinions.
I long to be as diplomatic as you.

NJ Stinks
04-21-2012, 06:16 PM
yes it is odd when a smart, honest, down to earth politican like Ryan is considered a dangerous right wing nut...

Ryan is so honest that Catholic bishops had straighten out another lie. Unfortunately, Ryan doesn't even understand that it's disrespectful to lie. That must take a different kind of "smart". :rolleyes:

Ryan dismisses bishops’ criticism of House budget plan

http://www.catholicculture.org/images/bugs/rss_24.pnghttp://www.catholicculture.org/images/bugs/facebook.png April 20, 2012
http://www.catholicculture.org/lib/includes/ads/creatives_ebooks/the-documents-of-the-second-vatican-council-thumb.jpg (http://shop.catholicculture.org/commentaryonvaticanii.aspx)From Our Store: The Documents of the Second Vatican Council: A Summary and Guide (eBook) (http://shop.catholicculture.org/commentaryonvaticanii.aspx)

Rep. Paul Ryan has dismissed the United State Conference of Catholic Bishops’ recent criticism of the House budget plan, of which he was the chief architect.

“These are not all the Catholic bishops, and we just respectfully disagree,” he said.

Don Clemmer, assistant director of media relations for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, responded that “bishops who chair USCCB committees are elected by their fellow bishops to represent all of the US bishops on key issues at the national level.” “The letters on the budget were written by bishops serving in this capacity,” Clemmer added.

Link: http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=14068

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Don't you just love how left-leaners rely on the Catholic church when it best suits them? :lol: :lol:

Next thing you know, NJ and Mosty will be telling us how Creationism might just be a viable concept... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
04-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Ryan is so honest that Catholic bishops had straighten out another lie. Unfortunately, Ryan doesn't even understand that it's disrespectful to lie. That must take a different kind of "smart". :rolleyes:

Ryan dismisses bishops’ criticism of House budget plan

http://www.catholicculture.org/images/bugs/rss_24.pnghttp://www.catholicculture.org/images/bugs/facebook.png April 20, 2012
http://www.catholicculture.org/lib/includes/ads/creatives_ebooks/the-documents-of-the-second-vatican-council-thumb.jpg (http://shop.catholicculture.org/commentaryonvaticanii.aspx)From Our Store: The Documents of the Second Vatican Council: A Summary and Guide (eBook) (http://shop.catholicculture.org/commentaryonvaticanii.aspx)

Rep. Paul Ryan has dismissed the United State Conference of Catholic Bishops’ recent criticism of the House budget plan, of which he was the chief architect.

“These are not all the Catholic bishops, and we just respectfully disagree,” he said.

Don Clemmer, assistant director of media relations for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, responded that “bishops who chair USCCB committees are elected by their fellow bishops to represent all of the US bishops on key issues at the national level.” “The letters on the budget were written by bishops serving in this capacity,” Clemmer added.

Link: http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=14068
some bishops disagreed with his budget plan, no doubt for political reasons.
but they did not straighten out him out for lying as you have stated.

fyi, nothing Ryan proposed is in any way extreme, it will not threaten seniors, the poor, children, etc.

someday you'll have to get over this idealistic notion that every penny spent by the government goes to some poor deserving soul.

Tom
04-21-2012, 10:51 PM

then it was exactly as he said: NOT ALL. Right?
So, the republican congress, elected to represent all the people.
Do YOU agree with everything they say, as your representative?
How about W......100% behind him? :lol:

mostpost
04-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Don't you just love how left-leaners rely on the Catholic church when it best suits them? :lol: :lol:

Next thing you know, NJ and Mosty will be telling us how Creationism might just be a viable concept... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For your information, the Catholic Church does not teach Creationism as defined by fundamentalist churches. While individual Catholic scholars have criticized evolution-especially in early days, the Church has never made a determination that evolution was in error. In 1950 Pope Pius XII stated that the question of human origins was a legitimate subject for scientific inquiry.

So, I personally, will not be telling you that Creationism might just be a viable concept. I will tell you that evolution and God are not mutually exclusive.

And now we have taken this thread in an entirely new direction. :bang:

lsbets
04-21-2012, 11:11 PM
And now we have taken this thread in an entirely new direction. :bang:

You guys have opened the door. Lets hope the AC doesn't step through and hijack another thread.

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2012, 12:12 AM
For your information, the Catholic Church does not teach Creationism as defined by fundamentalist churches. While individual Catholic scholars have criticized evolution-especially in early days, the Church has never made a determination that evolution was in error. In 1950 Pope Pius XII stated that the question of human origins was a legitimate subject for scientific inquiry.

So, I personally, will not be telling you that Creationism might just be a viable concept. I will tell you that evolution and God are not mutually exclusive.

And now we have taken this thread in an entirely new direction. :bang:It's good to know that you embrace the Catholic Church's position when it suits your need.

Creationism not a good example?

Let's move to their stance on abortion then...perhaps you also agree with them that abortion should be a banned practice. Or are you gonna tell me they don't really oppose abortion either... :lol:

mostpost
04-22-2012, 02:19 AM
You guys have opened the door. Lets hope the AC doesn't step through and hijack another thread.

You really think the air conditioning can do that? :confused:

Robert Goren
04-22-2012, 03:28 AM
You really think the air conditioning can do that? :confused:No but Boxcar can.

lsbets
04-22-2012, 11:39 AM
You really think the air conditioning can do that? :confused:

Come on mosty, goren got it.