PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Race Purses

InControlX
04-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Can anyone chance an explanation why the DRF Past Performances (and others as far as I know) do not include the purses for claiming (and some other) races? I don't mean the race header info for the day, which includes the abbreviated race conditions and includes the purse values for today's race, but the actual past performance lines. To me this has been an inexcuseable omission, considering the importance of purse in evaluating class, and the wide variance of purses at the same claiming price track to track.

Sure, the new web-based Formulator has a chart lookup going a few races back which can be used to manually hunt the purses down, but this limited feature is not supported in comma-delimited format for automated scans.

The alternative seems to be to maintain the tedious practice of generating one's own past performances from the comma-delimited chart files.

ICX

tbwinner
04-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I've never heard of any PPs including the claiming purses in the PP lines. n1x, n2x one-conditioned allowance yes, and MSW, but never claimers.

I generally just have a rule of thumb for knowing "class" within a claiming level from track to track. $5k open claimer at MNR surely is usually less classy than a $5k claimer at Parx.

I can see how this may be a problem for pure class handicappers, however.

JohnGalt1
04-18-2012, 04:50 PM
In the Bris Generator you can print the purses of every race.

4/19 SA Race 3, some races for the one horse, Outperform:

Race Date

3/23 SA Mdn Clm 30,000 purse 23k
2/20 " " " 23k
1/26 " " 50,000 31k
115/12 Hol " (s)40,000 25k

I do this because some tracks like Tampa, offer starter allowances with no claiming price in the pp's (Str--) so i need the purse to see where it fits classwise.

Greyfox
04-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Can anyone chance an explanation why the DRF Past Performances (and others as far as I know) do not include the purses for claiming (and some other) races?

Nice but not necessary. The PP's in the DRF are crammed tiny enough already.

Tom
04-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice but not necessary. The PP's in the DRF are crammed tiny enough already.

Ithinktheycouldfitafewmore thingsoneachline.