PDA

View Full Version : 2012 feels alot like 2007

Smarty Cide
04-16-2012, 06:59 PM
This year kinda feels like 2007 for me when I hit the tri and exacta in the derby and preakness

the derby i boxed Street Sense, Curlin, Hardspun and the same with the preakness. i also had scat daddy in the derby bet...

but anyway Im kinda thinking, and i know its kinda early, but Union Rags, Bodemeister, Dullahan, and Gemologist

ex bx, tri bx, super box,

what you huys think? im thinking 2007 all over again...

rastajenk
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Chock full of calcium carbonate? :p Could be....hope not.

Robert Fischer
04-17-2012, 12:48 AM
good crop this year

Some_One
04-17-2012, 01:00 AM
The one thing that stands out is how much early speed there is, think we might see a sub 46 half.

JustRalph
04-17-2012, 01:27 AM
The one thing that stands out is how much early speed there is, think we might see a sub 46 half.

damn sure possible.

War Emblem 2002
23.25, 47.04, 1:11.75, and 1:36.70 2:01.13

Monarchos 2001

22.25, 44.86, and 1:09.25 1:59.97

somewhere in the middle?

Valuist
04-17-2012, 09:40 AM
This year kinda feels like 2007 for me when I hit the tri and exacta in the derby and preakness

the derby i boxed Street Sense, Curlin, Hardspun and the same with the preakness. i also had scat daddy in the derby bet...

but anyway Im kinda thinking, and i know its kinda early, but Union Rags, Bodemeister, Dullahan, and Gemologist

ex bx, tri bx, super box,

what you huys think? im thinking 2007 all over again...

If the pace is fast I think Gemologist is off the board. Maybe Bodemeister too. If the pace is average, Dullahan will be in trouble. He may be anyways as he is unproven on dirt.

redshift1
04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
If the pace is fast I think Gemologist is off the board. Maybe Bodemeister too. If the pace is average, Dullahan will be in trouble. He may be anyways as he is unproven on dirt.

Dullahan:

Ran 4th in the BC Juvenile (key race of all time) and two ok efforts at Churchill Downs (sprint races) against future graded winners . If anything his running style compromises his chances not his three race dirt form.

Smarty Cide
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
if im correct i beleive deep closers that win thier last prep race usually run a strong race in the derby... ice box, pioneerof the nile, ect... even horses who didnt win there last like nehro, mine that bird, giacomo, have done well

turninforhome10
04-17-2012, 01:19 PM
damn sure possible.

War Emblem 2002
23.25, 47.04, 1:11.75, and 1:36.70 2:01.13

Monarchos 2001

22.25, 44.86, and 1:09.25 1:59.97

somewhere in the middle?

I was thinking how much Hansen in his running style compares to Balto Star. And with a hard, fast Derby week tweaked track, fractions could be stout. I see a more Monarchos style race and all about rating your horse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Kentucky_Derby
Whoever is within five lengths at the 1/4 pole with a clear path much as Monarchos had has a chance. Total riders race this year.
This years crop has a chance to be exciting all summer entertainer.

Smarty Cide
04-18-2012, 08:06 AM
I think the distance will be a problem for Hansen

lamboguy
04-18-2012, 08:49 AM
i know that pedigree handicappers will disagree with me here, but horses that run good at long distances are very smart horses. they know in their heads that the goal is to finish in front of all the other horses that start next to him. horses are pack animals, and that is what their instincts are. when horses are babies and they are turned out with other horses you will always find that there is one special horse that will always be the leader of the pack and the other's will follow them when they run around the field or paddock's. that doesn't mean that someday the light bulb won't go off on the horses that were follower's, that is what good training procedure's are all about. during racing careers you will find plenty of horses that finish second that have every chance in the world to pass the horse in front of him, that simply won't do it. in their mind they think they were born to run behind other horses, it is very tough to get rid of a bad habit.

the perfect horse is the horse that has the heart and desire to be in front when it counts. the horse that has the strongest of those traits will be the one that wins any race.

sammy the sage
04-18-2012, 11:39 AM
i know that pedigree handicappers will disagree with me here, but horses that run good at long distances are very smart horses. they know in their heads that the goal is to finish in front of all the other horses that start next to him. horses are pack animals, and that is what their instincts are. when horses are babies and they are turned out with other horses you will always find that there is one special horse that will always be the leader of the pack and the other's will follow them when they run around the field or paddock's. that doesn't mean that someday the light bulb won't go off on the horses that were follower's, that is what good training procedure's are all about. during racing careers you will find plenty of horses that finish second that have every chance in the world to pass the horse in front of him, that simply won't do it. in their mind they think they were born to run behind other horses, it is very tough to get rid of a bad habit.

the perfect horse is the horse that has the heart and desire to be in front when it counts. the horse that has the strongest of those traits will be the one that wins any race.

Where does that put CC...seen him do both...