PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping the Track

FiveWide
04-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Just curious. Does anyone handicap the track they play?

Obviously track bias is one but what about other factors such as longshot/favorite tendencies for horizontal wagers. For instance, specifically in horizontal wagers like the P3, P4 etc. does the track have more favs/longshots winning more often in certain races. The track usually has the same races for the various horizontals so I was wondering if there was any tendencies and/or patterns others have noticed.

I don't play those so I've never really tracked them but the thought just came to my mind.

Thanks in advance.
-Five

Dave Schwartz
04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Absolutely.

rubicon55
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
I agree with Dave, you almost have to in order to get any kind of edge nowadays. Bris does a pretty good job about bias for sprints and routes plus wagering pools.

dav4463
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Brisnet "At a Glance" works for me.

Dave Schwartz
04-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Dave,

What is "At a Glance?" I couldn't find it listed. Is it part of a report?

Dave

Grits
04-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Dave,

What is "At a Glance?" I couldn't find it listed. Is it part of a report?

Dave

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi

Dave, its part of the daily Handicapper's Edge report. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Hope, Dave, will excuse my answering for him. ;)

Dave Schwartz
04-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks, Grits.

Just what I needed to see.

sammy the sage
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Actually a terrific topic THAT should be expanded further...such as yeilding turf...which tracks play better along the rail vs outside...

banking of the tracks...which I can't seem to find published anywhere...

track maintainence...ect...

FiveWide
04-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Brisnet "At a Glance" works for me.

I just looked at this and it does give good information. I was wondering more about the not so known tendecies. Specifically, on P3, P4 etc does a track always tend to have longshots/favorites winning certain races in the sequence most of the time. For instance, AQU usually has P4's on races 2-5 and 6-9. Do favorites/longshots win more say on races 3 than any other? Or 1 or 7 etc. It's easy enough to track so maybe I'll pick a track and see what I come up with.

Sammy does bring up some other info not easily obtained like track maintenance, rail placement on turf races etc. I asked the race caller at Sam Houston about the rail placement once. I'll dig around my email and see what I can find.

-Five

rastajenk
04-17-2012, 11:22 AM
...does a track always tend to have longshots/favorites winning certain races in the sequence most of the time....Why would it? :confused:

rubicon55
04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Why would it? :confused:

Also agree, the whole point IMO is to find the vulnerable favorite(s) and capitalize on that inefficiency in the wagering pool.

RacingisMad
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Maybe
Weight Win% @ Distance?
Percent of running position1-2,3-5 etc Win percent?
Some horses might be at a advantage if they back up within certain amount of days at this track?
trained at track might run better then horses not

FiveWide
04-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Why would it? :confused:

Patterns are patterns, sometimes with rhyme and reason to them and sometimes not. Just as some people track and pay attention to track bias, I was wondering if people tracked if certain races in a P3, P4 sequence favored favorites/longshots. Or in general, if handicapping the track in some form or fashion was part of their normal handicapping process.

-Five

Dave Schwartz
04-17-2012, 09:33 PM
How about things like how good speed ratings are at this track or how the public wagers?

There is a lot more to study.

FiveWide
04-17-2012, 09:47 PM
How about things like how good speed ratings are at this track or how the public wagers?

There is a lot more to study.

Agreed, there are lots of things to study. This is just something that popped into my head and I was curious.

-Five

dav4463
04-21-2012, 01:47 AM
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/editorial/full_edition.cgi

Dave, its part of the daily Handicapper's Edge report. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Hope, Dave, will excuse my answering for him. ;)

You are excused! :)