PDA

View Full Version : Longshots galore at Delta Downs on Dec. 28

trying2win
12-29-2003, 12:17 AM
--Eight out of the ten races at Delta Downs on Sun. Dec. 28, were won by horses paying $10.00 to win or more.

-- If you go to a website that gives race results, you'll notice that the winner of the 2nd race, EDILE'S SPIRIT paid $143.40 to win! I wonder if it had much going for it in the past performances? I kind of doubt it. It was listed at the bottom of my handcapping program. I certainly didn't have it to win. Nor, did I have the winner of the 8th race SETTHEHOOK, who paid $53.80 to win.

--So, if anybody won some money on the two above-mentioned longshots, congratulations.

Trying2win

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2003, 12:54 AM
I hope I didn't pick the wrong night to take off....I'm going to go look at the result charts and my figs with one eye open.....GULP!

MikeH
12-29-2003, 04:04 PM
When Boyd Gaming bought Delta, I thought that I would give them a try. It's been my experience that the gaming companies take care of their customers, while the racing companies do not, so I figure that I should try to support the gaming companies.

I played Delta for about 6 weeks, stopping several weeks ago. I only play maiden races, and I'm looking for recency. I have been amazed at how few maidens at Delta have raced on the circuit in the last 30 days. In Sunday's 1st & 3rd races, out of 19 horses, there was exactly ONE horse that had raced on the circuit in the last 30 days.

The flip side is that, for those of you that play trainer angles, there should be some opportuniites here...