PDA

View Full Version : Bodemeister new KY Derby favorite with UK books

horses4courses
04-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Looks like a classic case of "what have you done for me lately"......

Interesting to see how the UK books would price the KY Derby futures after yesterday's races.
I guess I'm not surprised that Bodemeister is favorite now.
He won't get any of my money at those odds (between 4 and 5-1).

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/kentucky-derby

Good luck!

KingChas
04-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Deja Vu?...........................Indian Charlie?

gm10
04-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't want to back a horse at 5/1 ante-post, especially for the KD, but he's definitely very fast. He finished the race very fast as well, it wasn't just an illusion created by the others falling in a hole.

FWIW my top 10 in ratings are

1. Bodemeister 96
2. Dullahan (synthetic) 93
3. Gemologist 92
4. Take Charge Indy 92
5. Creative Cause 91
6. Hansen (winter dirt) 91
7. Union Rags 90
8. Secret Circle 89
9. Daddy Nose Best 89
10. Howe Great (turf) 88

(100=perfection)

The WindfallAngler
04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
His odds offered (since supplemented in future pools--and even in San Felipe/Arkansas Dertby win-, place-, and exotics pools) remain generous, or so I believe. I can see no convincing reason to balk at 4 to 1 now.

...although--for Bodemeister's "new" fans--the vagaries of field-size, and sheer racing luck, would seem to bar a price much shorter than that.

horses4courses
04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
His odds offered (since supplemented in future pools--and even in San Felipe/Arkansas Dertby win-, place-, and exotics pools) remain generous, or so I believe. I can see no convincing reason to balk at 4 to 1 now.

...although--for Bodemeister's "new" fans--the vagaries of field-size, and sheer racing luck, would seem to bar a price much shorter than that.

I would definitely not rush in to lock up 4-1 nineteen days from the race.
Horse gets scratched, you lose.

Strong East Coast money will be bet on Gemologist, Union Rags, Hansen, Dullahan.
Bodemeister will hardly go off much less than 4-1.
If he does, he is a big underlay.

Tom
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
GM10, are you making figs like Nick Morden?

overthehill
04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
hansen in the 16-20 range is a heck of a price. the jockey sent the horse to the front in perilously fast fractions. im not surprised the horse faded. he held on remarkably well. I expect he will be rated a bit more in the derby. this horse has danced a lot of dances and pretty well.

strapper
04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
UK bettors are sharp. I feel 'Bode' is the now horse who is getting good at the right time. But those who feel he will bounce may keep the odds at a decent price. Anyway, you slice it, this year's Derby is a dandy betting race.

davew
04-20-2012, 04:08 PM
post draw is going to be important this year

gm10
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
GM10, are you making figs like Nick Morden?

In spirit, most speed ratings are similar I guess. In practice there are quite a few differences. There have to be, otherwise there is little point in making them!