PDA

View Full Version : Freehold Live! Race by Race: 4/14

Teach
04-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Race One: The board appears to be telling the story. #3 Luck Goes Around looks best. Other than that #s 4 and 5. After that it's you're call. If you're playing the supere, I'd lean toward the inside with the aforementioned horses.

Teach
04-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Race Two: #5 Major Starburst is my pick here. Faced better at Dover. Steve Smith's most capable. Also #6 RemissionofSins with Dave Strong. The horse performed well in his only race in Sagamore Series at Yonkers. Then #4 Travers Hall (he must stay flat) and #4 Successfully Rich

P.S. Good to hear announcer Larry Lederman's dolcet tones, I miss those NBA updates. Hope you're feeling much better, Larry.

Teach
04-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Race Three: I'm going to try to "get off the schneid". I do believe that the winner will come from "the inside". But who? I'm leaning toward Harry "The Falcon" Landy (he just "bottomed out" the second-race field) with #2 Shoot First (I'll ask questions, later). Though, I'm giving this one a lukewarm nod. Yes, there are others (as there usually are). Consider #3 Sleep Easy with "The Harvard (IL) Man," Pat Berry. Also, #s 1 and #4 (the former Ted Wing-driven horse). Good Luck!

Teach
04-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Race Four: The Erv Miller (Andy Miller's brother) owned and trained #3 Three On Three has won two-straight. Can Three On Three make it three-straight. He'll certainly be out and going for the lead. He did blitz the first panel in his last race although coming home a winner in a pedestrian final quarter. All that said, I'm going with this horse as my top pick. I think the main threat is #4 Reflection On Me. The horse won a decent qualifier. After that, I like #s 1 and 5.

Teach
04-14-2012, 01:55 PM
I like the three horses the board is showing:#s 1,4,6. I particularly like #1 Skivvies. He's drawn the 8-hole at Yonkers twice in a row. That's usually Il Bacio di Morte! Now he draws the rail.

Teach
04-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Race Six:

I'm looking at #s 1,3, and 6. #1 Dreams Are Real has won two in a row. He looks very sharp. The rail is always a plus. Harry Landy's a capable, young driver. #4 The Midnight Owl N also won his last. The Kiwi import runs evenily. That three-hole starting slot should suit his chances very well. Then, there's #6 Double It Up. Much depends on what Jack Baggitt, Jr. does with this horse. If he's out and going when the wings retract, and he can find a tuck, he becomes a factor, if not... Then, there my "sleeper," #2 Sensationalist. This horse won his lasst race. I don't believe he can be ignored.

Teach
04-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Race Seven:

I like four horses: #s 1,3,4 and 6. If I were to make a top pick it would be the rail horse, #1 Fourth Page with Eric Abbatiello. About a month ago, this gelding turned in a 1:54.4 at Rosecroft. Since then, he's tailed off. Yet, his recent race in this company shows me glimpses of a return to form. I think if the horse is reasonably ready, he can win here. Others to consider are: #3 Copper Canyon. He just missed a little over a week ago, Also, #4 B My Hero. He had a decent qualifier. Finally, #6 CR Fixed Asset. Much will depend om what Steve Smith does with this horse at the start.

Teach
04-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Race Eight:

I like #6 Newsam. He's the class here. Lifetime earnings nearly 1/3 of million.
Underneath #2 Sectionlinecruiser. He's generally in the money. Also, #s 3 and 5.

Teach
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Race Nine:

I see it as an "inside job." #s 1,2,3 and possibly #5.

Teach
04-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Race Ten: #1 Openinacan looks much the best with his improved starting post. Underneath, #2 Logan Monster should be there. Also #3 Sharkstune.

Teach
04-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Race Eleven: #1 Rachel won her last easily in this company. I see no reason why she can't be right there, again. #3 Matt's Smokin Lil drops down in company and gets post position relief. That should help this mare hit the tote. Then, there's #4 Smooth Finish who finished second in her last two.

Teach
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Race Twelve: In the finale, I like #4 Fuguzzi. He's been very competitive in recent races. Dave Strong is an underrated reinsman at Freehold. Most capable of bringing this horse home. Underneath, I like the "inside" horses: #s 1,2,3.