PDA

View Full Version : Be safe and aware today!

Shelby
04-14-2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/daily-torcon-forecast_2011-07-11

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/

I'm tor:con level 8 today. The weather people and storm spotters are going CRAZY.

Tom
04-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Good luck to you today...and CJ, in OK.
And any others in the area.

Shelby
04-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Now I'm at tor:con level 9 :faint: I don't think we've ever been this high.

Beachbabe
04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Be careful, Shel. Hope you have a safe place to take cover. Be praying for you.

Shelby
04-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Be careful, Shel. Hope you have a safe place to take cover. Be praying for you.

Thank you!

Thankfully, I have a basement.

Usually you'll find me out taking pictures of storms, unless it's too close to home. And, this might be too close to home lol.

lsbets
04-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Thank you!

Thankfully, I have a basement.

Usually you'll find me out taking pictures of storms, unless it's too close to home. And, this might be too close to home lol.

No basements here. After the outbreak a couple of weeks ago my wife is paranoid. Our best chance for bad storms is overnight, so my wife just cleaned out the pantry.

Shelby
04-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Everyone ok?

'Twas a rocky night here. Last storm alert went off around 4:30 this morning. Didn't sleep at all. I'm too old for staying up all night lol.

We lost some of our wheat due to wind damage. Sigh. But, such is life. Could have been worse.

Beachbabe
04-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Everyone ok?

'Twas a rocky night here. Last storm alert went off around 4:30 this morning. Didn't sleep at all. I'm too old for staying up all night lol.

We lost some of our wheat due to wind damage. Sigh. But, such is life. Could have been worse.

Glad to hear you're OK. It must have been an awful night. Hope it's more "peaceful" tonight. Best of luck.

Rookies
04-15-2012, 12:27 PM
It is true, correct, that the recent spate of Tornadoes in the past couple of years are bigger, far more menacing and more likely to touch urban areas?

Why is that?

witchdoctor
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
It is true, correct, that the recent spate of Tornadoes in the past couple of years are bigger, far more menacing and more likely to touch urban areas?

Why is that?

Global warming due to hot air coming out of Wahington DC.

Tom
04-15-2012, 06:36 PM

Why is that?

There more urban areas than there used to be.
But size and frequency, who says they are bigger and more often?

Tornadoes need cold fronts to form - that is on YOU guys up there!
STOP sending them down here!!!!! :D

Rookies
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
There more urban areas than there used to be.
But size and frequency, who says they are bigger and more often?

Tornadoes need cold fronts to form - that is on YOU guys up there!
STOP sending them down here!!!!! :D

Well, I will say one thing. The Temps are climbing in the Great White North. Pretty soon it'll be White SAND and we'll be on par with Key West. We just had an all time record Winter & March for high temps.

Winter-Peg, which is so freaking cold, you need to plug your car in nightly during the Winter, and a set of brass ones ( -30-40ish many days):ThmbDown: ,had record highs itself!

I think Sarah just saw that cold floating in from Petropavlosk from her front porch! ;)

Tom
04-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Not record setting.
We all used to be a mass of molten lava.

Got a long way to go......GB........:lol::lol:

ElKabong
04-15-2012, 07:39 PM
Well, I will say one thing. The Temps are climbing in the Great White North. Pretty soon it'll be White SAND and we'll be on par with Key West. We just had an all time record Winter & March for high temps.

)

And....in europe they had one of their coldest winters ever. Can't convince them of "global warming". I work with a lot of Euro's, they laugh at the talk of such a thing