PDA

View Full Version : Laura de Seroux Lets Words Fly...then goes OOOPS!!

PaceAdvantage
12-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Here are her two most recent posts from Thoroughbredtimes.com message board:

12/24/2003
FYI,
Tendons do not heal in two months, they need six months to a year. We knew Azeri's scan would look good by now - because we STOPPED as soon as we felt some heat and the beginning of a profile. That does not mean a clean bill of health to return to the level she was at. That's why top horses are retired with this sort of injury and cheaper horses are brought back with the leeway of perfoming at a lesser level. The economics determine these decisions.
The reason fans on this forum are reacting negatively is that they understand and know that this is the wrong thing to do. I only hope Lucas will 'listen' to her when she tries to tell him she feels it coming on again as she so clearly told me by her reluctance. I'm sure everyone saw that on TVG - that wasn't a 'bad hair day'. In the past when I was an exercise rider, we would see Lucas take these kind of balkers out very early in the dark so no one would see him with his bull whip ! and that's the truth.
Laura de Seroux

When she realized she had said a bit too much (and maybe said something that WASN'T TRUE), this came out:

12/28/2003
I would like to apologize to all Forum members for my comments about Lukas and I would like to clarify what I meant. My comment was a knee-jerk reaction to criticism and I only meant that if anything goes wrong with Azeri I hope Lukas will listen to her, as I did.
Lukas never used a bull whip on his horses and I never witnessed any whipping sessions.
Lots of trainers take out high profile horses in the dark that might not be moving great in order to avoid scrutiny and that's more what I was referring to.
I know Wayne will treat Azeri like a queen and I wish him the best of luck with the remainder of the Paulson horses that he received.
Laura de Seroux

First she says Lukas went out with a bull whip "and that's the truth"....then she says she never saw this!!! Way to boost the ol' credibility level there Laura. I hope she has something else to fall back on, because she isn't doing herself any favors in front of perspective new clients with talk like this. Let it go already Laura, let it go.....

At least she spelled D.Wayne's last name correctly in her most recent post.....let this be a lesson to all posters out there! LOL

Fastracehorse
12-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Fun stuff.

fffastt

VetScratch
12-28-2003, 10:51 PM
Laura's comments surprised me. D. Wayne has a reputation for being stern when his help makes a dumb mistake that injures a horse, but I agree with him... he also pays on merit more than most others, which has always irritated other trainers who lost their best grooms and excercise riders to Lukas.

Beginning with my first impression, I always liked the way Lukas' help looked spiffy on the track and in the shedrow... he fostered a lot of esprit de corps and self-esteem with his methods.

As for spelling, I can understand that... Lucas is much more common than Lukas... everyone with a fleet of English classic automobiles sees Lucas on their instrument panels. :D :D :D :D

Tom
12-28-2003, 11:06 PM
That is embarressing...spelling Dwayne Lukas's name wrong on a public forum! :eek:

JimG
12-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tom
That is embarressing...spelling Dwayne Lukas's name wrong on a public forum! :eek:

Tom,

At least you always get Mark Crammer :D spelled correctly.

Handle
12-28-2003, 11:34 PM
And we know that this was in fact the real Laura DeSeroux making these statements because....?

VetScratch
12-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Handle,And we know that this was in fact the real Laura DeSeroux making these statements because....?Gee, I guess we don't know... so I will have to be the voice of authority, as usual.

The bull whip story dates back to Winning Colors. Lukas would frequently take a short bull whip into Winning Colors' stall, there would be an unholy commotion, then Lukas would emerge with welts all over his body. What's so controversial about a kinky relationship between a trainer and a horse?

David McKenzie
12-29-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
...As for spelling, I can understand that... Lucas is much more common than Lukas... everyone with a fleet of English classic automobiles sees Lucas on their instrument panels. :D :D :D :D

Q: What's a euphemism for Lucas electrical systems in vintage British motor cars?

A: "We strongly suggest you avoid driving us through any puddle deeper than your great uncle Nigel's spats."

:>)

PaceAdvantage
12-29-2003, 12:58 AM
Handle,

She has been posting on the Thoroughbredtimes.com message board off and on for many months now. I doubt the powers that be at that most prominent website (not to mention their weekly publication that is an industry staple) would let a poster continue to post under that name if indeed it was not her.

In fact, I believe they ran a story or two BASED on what she had said on the message board....

I would have to think there is no doubt that it is her....I'm sure they contacted her personally to confirm that all the posts made by her starting months ago were her. I can't imagine they wouldn't have her phone number....LOL

Tom
12-29-2003, 09:50 AM
...but who is this Laura and why do we care what she says?

JimG
12-29-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Tom
...but who is this Laura and why do we care what she says?

She is the former trainer of Azeri.

stgeorge
12-29-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Handle
And we know that this was in fact the real Laura DeSeroux making these statements because....?

The Thoroughbred Times ran an article this weekend about the Azeri return. It included this line, "De Seroux denounced returning Azeri to the track on the THOROUGHBRED TIMES forum on Wednesday."

VetScratch
12-29-2003, 12:59 PM
The cards are stacked against Lukas making Azeri's career with Laura look bad. Trainers know that by the time you stop on the first really serious setback, other chinks and holes have already started to form. Horses react to discomfort, try to compensate, then one bad thing leads to others. It would be nice to see Lukas do well, however, because he really isn't a fashionable version of Charles Manson!

Suff
12-29-2003, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
[B]

I told you in another thread this Gal was touched... I think I am out of my mind 1/2 the time when I spew my thoughts alll over this silly Board...

whats in God's name is Laura De sourx doing? she's been having a running arguement on that Board for 9 months now.. wtf?

She was Training the TOP Filly in the Country by Day.. then defending her actions at Night on that Board...

If I was training Azeri.. I would'nt explain anything I did to anyone? why?

I don't know.. My jade-o-meter went off when I read her stuff...

she's a ? something.. ? I'm not sure what.. but she aint right.

Suff
12-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Tom

Tom...

Just for The record..

John F Kennedy read over 1300 words a minute. Attended The London School of Economics, Harvard, Princeton and Stanford Universities.

He was a Notorious bad speller,,and his Penmanship was unreadable. His written Grammar was not much better... He was Forced to TYPE every single piece of work or personal correspondence and continued to do so...even when he was the 35th President of the US of A.

This is how I console myself when I re-read some of my stuff.

doophus
12-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Suff
Tom...

Just for The record..

John F Kennedy read over 1300 words a minute. Attended The London School of Economics, Harvard, Princeton and Stanford Universities.

He was a Notorious bad speller,,and his Penmanship was unreadable. His written Grammar was not much better... He was Forced to TYPE every single piece of work or personal correspondence and continued to do so...even when he was the 35th President of the US of A.

This is how I console myself when I re-read some of my stuff.

God forbid my grandkids "attending" the London School of Economics, Harvard, Princeton and Stanford Universities.

Suff, just like you, I didn't attend any of those either, but, unlike you, IMO, JFK was a good-looking boy with a RICH and CROOKED daddy.

Suff
12-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by doophus

Suff, just like you, I didn't attend any of those either, but, unlike you, IMO, JFK was a good-looking boy with a RICH and CROOKED daddy.

Daddy , as in Tucked him in at Night? Or Strom Thurman Daddy?

VetScratch
12-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Suff,This is how I console myself when I re-read some of my stuff.You must have an iron stomach. :)

JFK puzzles me on account of Jacqueline. Chronicles of the Camelot era reveal Jackie as dull and shallow, like a storefront mannequin... my dad says JFK would have been better off marrying Jackie's schoolmate, Grace Slick. Imagine a First Lady singing White Rabbit!

Suff
12-29-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by VetScratch
Suff,You must have an iron stomach. :)

!

That..and 2 iron bars hanging off my shoulders.:eek: ..:cool:

Tom
12-29-2003, 08:26 PM
I have always been a horrible speller. Usually the first one out of spelling bees. Went out on the word circus once. Math flashcards were my game.
My hope was that my horrible spelling would be randomly offset by my atrocious typing-wrong.
I guess I will ask Derek2U 2 heLp me B4 it is 2latE <G>

PaceAdvantage
12-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Thread starting to fly dangerously off course.....

Zaf
12-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Hey,

Lets cut Laura a little slack on the grammar/spelling etc.

She's French right ????

C'est comme moi, quand je butcher la langue francaise.

ZAFONIC

plainolebill
12-31-2003, 12:22 AM
I think it's her husband who is french.

VetScratch
12-31-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by plainolebill
I think it's her husband who is french. Thank God, then, that Lukas has Azeri because an Azeri dinner could have become the most celebrated event on the Parisian social calendar. :)

so.cal.fan
12-31-2003, 04:07 PM
Laura is of Yugoslavian decent.