PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

PICSIX
04-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Can someone tell me a logical reason why all the Main Track Only entries at Calder were scratched at 10:30am today???? :confused: :confused: Wouldn't it be smarter to leave these horses eligible up to the point where Lasix would be given??

For the record, a reliable source told me that track officials said it was because of the bettors....seems to me the bettors would have rather had an 8 horse field in the 10th instead of the 5 horse field that went to post?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks,

Mike

castaway01
04-13-2012, 05:29 PM
They have to give the changes to the simulcast outfits, which means they have to make the call in late morning....that's just reality. I understand what you mean, but with the sudden rain in some places hours after first post, it's a tough spot. I can't say this is stupidity, just bad weather and reality.

Al Gobbi
04-13-2012, 05:44 PM
They have to give the changes to the simulcast outfits, which means they have to make the call in late morning....that's just reality. I understand what you mean, but with the sudden rain in some places hours after first post, it's a tough spot. I can't say this is stupidity, just bad weather and reality.

It depends on when scratch time is, I know Churchill went to a 11:00 deadline for turf races instead of the 7:00 rule last year. If there is a good (70%+) of rain at the time they may leave MTO's in until multi race bets involving those races go off.

gillenr
04-13-2012, 11:33 PM
It probably has nto do with drug administration times.