PDA

View Full Version : Obama Leading By example

Lefty
04-13-2012, 12:36 AM
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-pays-women-less/2012/04/11/id/435600?s=al&promo_code=EA32-1

Obama says he leads by example. This articles explains one of his examples.

NJ Stinks
04-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Talk about desperation.

First, this incredibly scientific study includes this nugget:

"Calculating the median salary for each gender required some assumptions to be made based on the employee names. When unclear, every effort was taken to determine the appropriate gender."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/04/11/war-obama-white-house-pays-women-less-men#ixzz1rtrpIrym

Secondly, do we have any idea what these people do in the White House? Anybody who watched Downton Abbey knows a butler makes more than a housekeeper. :p

mostpost
04-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Talk about desperation.

First, this incredibly scientific study includes this nugget:

"Calculating the median salary for each gender required some assumptions to be made based on the employee names. When unclear, every effort was taken to determine the appropriate gender."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2012/04/11/war-obama-white-house-pays-women-less-men#ixzz1rtrpIrym

Secondly, do we have any idea what these people do in the White House? Anybody who watched Downton Abbey knows a butler makes more than a housekeeper. :p

Exactly what I thought last night. The Chief of Staff makes more than the White House chef. The Lily Ledbetter Act, which Obama signed provides equal pay for equal work. It's so obvious I did not bother to mention it. I forgot we're dealing with conservatives here. Anything to bash Obama. :rolleyes:

Lefty
04-13-2012, 02:46 PM
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2012/04/12/gop_punches_back_hey_check_out_the_democrats_war_o n_women

Yep, Obummer's policies doing more to hurt women than men.

Tom
04-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Obama is one of the 1-percenters.
Therefore, by his own words, he is evil! :lol:

Obama made less money this year than he did last year.
Even Obama is worse off under Obama! :lol:

lamboguy
04-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Obama is one of the 1-percenters.
Therefore, by his own words, he is evil! :lol:

Obama made less money this year than he did last year.
Even Obama is worse off under Obama! :lol:
maybe he should vote against himself

hcap
04-15-2012, 04:29 AM
http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/war-on-women.gif

Tom
04-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Nice try, hcap, but reality says otherwise.

It's me, Tom, not Boxcar

Tom

johnhannibalsmith
04-15-2012, 11:29 AM
...It's me, Tom, not Boxcar

Tom

Hi Tom.

Johnhannibalsmith

Tom
04-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Hi Johnhannibalsmith,

Tom

hcap
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Tom.

...It's me, Tom, not Boxcar

Tom

Johnhannibalsmith
Didn't catch that. Who?

hcap
PS: It's me!

jognlope
04-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Bachman on Meet the Press this morning, oyvay that's all I gotta say. She's pretty and poised, but what lies she tells. Blames gas prices, deficit, women's salaries, everything you can name on Obama. Why David Gregory bothered to have her on is a mystery to me. Luckily, Gilllibrand, who is also very poised but is distingued from her counterpart as having intelligence, was able to counter some of what she said.

johnhannibalsmith
04-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Bachman on Meet the Press this morning, oyvay that's all I gotta say. She's pretty and poised, but what lies she tells. Blames gas prices, deficit, women's salaries, everything you can name on Obama. Why David Gregory bothered to have her on is a mystery to me. Luckily, Gilllibrand, who is also very poised but is distingued from her counterpart as having intelligence, was able to counter some of what she said.

Hate to say it, but Gillenbrat wasn't a whole lot (if any) better than Bachman. That show is on once a week and I can't for the life of me understand why they waste a third of the show on segments like that. Why not just run a half-hour of alternating Pepsi and Coke commercials? Nobody says one interesting thing or has a unique thought, they just babble on and on taking their turns pimping their party and mocking the other with all the scripted bullshit. I can understand this crap being unavoidable on 24 hour news shows like MSNBC, FOX, CNN, and whatnot, but frankly, I'd rather hear E.J. Grey Poupon Dionne's wacky opinions on something than endure that crap.

Johnhannibalsmith

Lefty
04-15-2012, 03:42 PM
I didn't see the show but where was she wrong?

Gas prices have almost doubled during Obama's regime.

He's already spent more in his first term than GW did in 8 yrs.

Women have lost more jobs in this economy than men.

Obama's at the helm. Who do you blame?

bigmack
04-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Crack out the party hats. The end of BO threads is near.

http://www.obamacounter.com/

Tom
04-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I didn't see the show but where was she wrong?

Gas prices have almost doubled during Obama's regime.

He's already spent more in his first term than GW did in 8 yrs.

Women have lost more jobs in this economy than men.

Obama's at the helm. Who do you blame?

More than doubled.
And Obama has played far more rounds of golf than W did.
Remember when that was the big deal around here, lefty?
Funny how no one whines about it anymore.

Lefty
04-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah, Tom, I guess golf is "cool" again. I wonder if he cheats like they say
Clinton did?

ElKabong
04-15-2012, 07:44 PM
i don't know if he cheats at golf, but Obama throws a baseball like a pussy

Greyfox
04-15-2012, 08:02 PM
i don't know if he cheats at golf, but Obama throws a baseball like a pussy

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

Obama golfed while .......________________________(fill in the blank).

K7w7S0hRWYU

Tom
04-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Obama golfed while .......waiting for saddle shoes to come back into style.

mostpost
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
More than doubled.
And Obama has played far more rounds of golf than W did.
Remember when that was the big deal around here, lefty?
Funny how no one whines about it anymore.

You guys are going to beat this gas price thing to death. Too bad your premise is faulty. The price at the beginning of Obama's term was a false price caused by the recession and the collapse of the oil bubble. In June of 2008 crude oil was $140.00 a barrel and gas was $4.12 a gallon. In January 2009 crude oil was $35 a barrel and gas was $1.61 a gallon. Right now gas is $3.87 a gallon. 25 cents lower than it's high under Bush.

Here are the trends. From 1979 to 2000 the price of a gallon of gas rose from $.80/gallon to $1.60/gallon.
From 2000 to mid 2008 the price went up from $1.60/gallon to $4.12/gallon. Over the next six months or so the price plummeted to $1.61/gallon. (This was not the result of anything done by George W. Bush. Except that he screwed up the economy.)

Since then the price has risen to $3.87/gallon. This has little to do with "drill baby drill. It has a lot to do with tensions in the middle east and quite a bit to do with the price rebounding from its unnatural low during the bursting of the oil bubble.
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
http://quotes.post1.org/historical-crude-oil-price-chart/

Developing alternate sources of energy is the only way to solve high gas prices. We have a finite amount of oil. We have unlimited solar and wind.

When some one invented the wheel, someone said "I'd rather walk" I don't know who that person was, but I do know that he posts here.

bigmack
04-16-2012, 12:19 AM
The price at the beginning of Obama's term was a false price
How is it you never use terms like 'false price' when it comes to gathering numbers in another direction? BUSTED again. Sorry.

As if gas prices are something that will doom BO.

That's about #4 out of 193 that will cozy his arz right back to Chicago.

Or Asia. You know, Hawaii.

johnhannibalsmith
04-16-2012, 12:20 AM
When some one invented the wheel...

...it actually worked.

mostpost
04-16-2012, 12:44 AM
How is it you never use terms like 'false price' when it comes to gathering numbers in another direction? BUSTED again. Sorry.

As if gas prices are something that will doom BO.

That's about #4 out of 193 that will cozy his arz right back to Chicago.

Or Asia. You know, Hawaii.
We are looking forward to seeing him back here in January........0f 2017. :lol:
Right after he turns the White House over to Hillary. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigmack
04-16-2012, 12:53 AM
We are looking forward to seeing him back here in January........0f 2017.
Right after he turns the White House over to Hillary.
Whattayou, sniffin' gas now? What's with the overuse of whatever those things are called?

First off, nice dodge on the "false numbers" thing. We can always count on you debating honestly.

Secondly, are you that dense that you're actually laughing at the possibility of BO losing? WTH am I sayin', of course you are.

Thick in the head, much?

johnhannibalsmith
04-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Whattayou, sniffin' gas now? What's with the overuse of whatever those things are called?

First off, nice dodge on the "false numbers" thing. We can always count on you debating honestly.

Secondly, are you that dense that you're actually laughing at the possibility of BO losing? WTH am I sayin', of course you are.

Thick in the head, much?

You never even called him out on President Hillary? She looks like she'd retire yesterday if she could get away with it. Am I the only one that can't even begin to imagine at this point her wanting to go through an election brouhaha in four years?

bigmack
04-16-2012, 02:54 AM
She looks like she'd retire yesterday if she could get away with it.
Of curse. She has punched out, but it's a hoot & a half seeing Mosty pin his hopes on a 16 run by 'er.

Fact is, she was drafted by a lousy team. Again, poor dear. That's why I feel for her.

Chump Billy made a fo of her publickly. She punches out of the Senate, and gets a 'real job' - Turns out to be with Eddie the Eagle.

Nice enough guy. WAY underqualified for the job.

http://anewlifeinnorway.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/eddie-the-eagle.jpg

I hear much talk of the blood bath from the REPUBLIE primary.

In relation to the last prime Ree - One of my favorite 'bits' was from Keithy on the Hillary "Bobby got shot" inFerAnce to BO.

I'm fairly comfortable saying I believe some of Keith's work will go down as some great comedy.

Behold...

1W_HWMLInrc

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2012, 04:04 AM
What was that around the 1:35 mark? Was a stage light blowing up on set? What fortuitous timing! Did you see him flinch as if he himself were about to be the target of an assassin? :lol:

bigmack
04-16-2012, 04:27 AM
What was that around the 1:35 mark? Was a stage light blowing up on set? What fortuitous timing! Did you see him flinch as if he himself were about to be the target of an assassin? :lol:
Bingo. That was the richest part of the bit.

Tough guy, chastising MAJOR LEAGUE on little ol' Hill and he flinches at a light bulb breaking.

Hey, Keith. BOO!

johnhannibalsmith
04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
What a rambling dweeb. After four minutes of beating it to death it just sounds like he's breathing really hard... can't even make out the words anymore.

mostpost
04-16-2012, 12:35 PM
You never even called him out on President Hillary? She looks like she'd retire yesterday if she could get away with it. Am I the only one that can't even begin to imagine at this point her wanting to go through an election brouhaha in four years?

Of curse. She has punched out, but it's a hoot & a half seeing Mosty pin his hopes on a 16 run by 'er.

You guys don't even know when your chain is being yanked. :(

mostpost
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Frankly, I don't know what you are talking about here. Perhaps if you could provide a cogent explanation I could answer. I won't waste too much time waiting. :rolleyes:

jognlope
04-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Most of stimulus has been paid back at high interest.

Obama is responsible for about 10-15% of increased spending.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/obamas-and-bushs-effect-on-the-deficit-in-one-graph/2011/07/25/gIQAELOrYI_blog.html

bigmack
04-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Frankly, I don't know what you are talking about here
Q: How many times have you brought data that went from one date and/or administration to the next? A: Incessantly.

Either the numbers went from one price from one date to another or they didn't.

No one axed you to find justification for the start of the numbers and declare them "false prices." If we were all mentally defective as you, that would be a sound argument. Too bad for you, your argument is complete crap.

Clear enough now for ya?

Valuist
04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Most of stimulus has been paid back at high interest.

Obama is responsible for about 10-15% of increased spending.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/obamas-and-bushs-effect-on-the-deficit-in-one-graph/2011/07/25/gIQAELOrYI_blog.html

Wow. A blog from a MSNBC-er. I'm shocked its left wing. :rolleyes:

Greyfox
04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
With friends like Barney who needs enemies?

"Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., said he advised President Obama against taking up health care reform following a special election in 2010 that changed Democrats' fortunes in the Senate, saying that he should have instead turned his focus to financial reform."

More at link:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/barney-frank-obama-made-mistake-with-health-care-push-20120416

Tom
04-16-2012, 10:23 PM
And who would know more how much financial reform we needed but Barney.....the reason we need financial reform in the first place!

Ass Clowns.

bigmack
04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Ass Clowns.
I don't mean to split hairs here but Barn is both an ass clown AND a bandit.

Just tryin' to keep things real.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/RepBarneyFrank.jpg
Upon retirement from Congress look for BF's POV website.
Barney: From the Bottom Up . com

badcompany
04-17-2012, 12:21 AM
You guys are going to beat this gas price thing to death. Too bad your premise is faulty. The price at the beginning of Obama's term was a false price caused by the recession and the collapse of the oil bubble.

When I used the bubble theory (massive expansion of the money supply) to explain an increase in tax receipts, even though the tax rate was higher, you scoffed at it. I guess it's different when the theory gels with your worldview.

If you fast forward a few years on YOUR link, you'll see that tax receipts also increased during the time when Bush lowered the top tax rate. The common thread is the Fed's keeping interest rates at abnormally low levels.

Btw, I'm not talking about the Prime Rate, which is the rate banks charge their best customers, but, the Federal Funds Rate which the banks charge each other for overnight loans. The lower the rate, the more that same amount of money can then be loaned out. Eventually this "virtual" money hits the economy and fattens governments until the bubble bursts which it did in 2008 causing tax receipts to plummet again.

Developing alternate sources of energy is the only way to solve high gas prices. We have a finite amount of oil. We have unlimited solar and wind.

We also have a finite amount of land which both wind and solar require in huge amounts. They also are capital goods intensive, you know, the stuff they use to build the 400ft windmills.

Unless there's a radical tech development in either or both, wind and solar will have only niche uses. Btw, First Solar, the best in breed solar co., just got dropped from the S&P 500.

JustRalph
04-17-2012, 12:36 AM
I would take some false prices right about now..................

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2012, 01:08 AM
..."Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., said he advised President Obama against taking up health care reform following a special election in 2010 that changed Democrats' fortunes in the Senate, saying that he should have instead turned his focus to financial reform."

This fella below has a new line to add to his favorite Barney Frank quotes.

Oh, and just so I stay on topic, it goes without saying that I love Barney Frank! Maybe not as much as LottaKash doesn't but a lot.

Anyway, I'll miss Barney. He's instant entertainment if you are a liberal.

Tom
04-19-2012, 11:52 PM
0-tsgMsU4Ws