PDA

View Full Version : Glare guard for IPAD 2

badcompany
04-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Anybody know of one that isn't prone to air bubbles? The one I have, Power Support, sucks.

tx.

JustRalph
04-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I tried a few and gave up........all have problems with bubbles in my opine

badcompany
04-11-2012, 03:41 PM
From the reviews I've read, your opinion seems spot on.

Well, at least I know it's not just me. I've tried over and over to put the thing on with no bubbles, with the result being "epic fail."

goforgin
04-21-2012, 07:41 AM
ZAGG. I have the HD version on my IPad3. Also one on my phone. Spend the extra $7.00 to $10.00 and have the store rep put on for you. It's a pain, but this young lady who did mine said she's done over 300. No bubbles or pealing.

vegasone
05-09-2012, 12:34 AM
That is correct, it is more practice than any particular brand. After several tries on my first small tablet years ago, I got the hang of it...luckily they were cheap.

That said, I never put one on my Touch and and it was never worse for wear. Depends on the type of glass/plastic that is used would be my guess.. Gorilla glass is used in some phones/tablet because of its durability.

BillW
05-09-2012, 09:16 AM
ZAGG. I have the HD version on my IPad3. Also one on my phone. Spend the extra $7.00 to $10.00 and have the store rep put on for you. It's a pain, but this young lady who did mine said she's done over 300. No bubbles or pealing.

I've used them on my phone and tablet and highly recommend them. They are good screen guards and much harder to fingerprint than the screen on my Samsung Galaxy.

They are porous - any remaining bubbles after application will disappear in a day or so. I applied both of them by myself with out trouble. You just have to be careful with the registration and fingerprints.

badcompany
05-09-2012, 12:35 PM
They are porous - any remaining bubbles after application will disappear in a day or so.

Hmm, I'll give this a shot. I never left mine on for more than a few minutes.

HoofedInTheChest
05-31-2012, 10:05 PM
I buy the Satinshield by Scosche at Walmart for $12. It comes with a peel away film on both sides of the screen protector.

1 - Make sure the iPad is shut down for a couple of hours, the heat from the screen and the coolness of the screen protector will cause air bubbles.

2 - Wipe the iPad with the provided cloth and remove the fingerprints and dust from the screen.

3- There will be two peel away films on the screen protector, LEAVE BOTH OF THEM ON! Place the screen protector down on the iPad with the peel away tabs to the bottom (the home button hole will be obvious) The tabs will tell you which way is up. Align the screen protector perfectly and use scotch tape as hinges at the bottom. Put the tape on about 1" up onto the screen protector and fold the rest over onto the back of the iPad. Make sure the screen protector is always centred, make sure the tape is taught to get perfect alignment later on. Put 4 pieces along the bottom.

4 - Fold the screen protector over and wipe the screen one last time for dust.

5 - Peel away the film from the inside about half way up, now your going to install the protective cover. Pull the screen protective cover forward and taught and start to lay it down starting at the bottom. Use a credit card and move it upwards while you are laying down the protector, remove any air bubbles that may occur, if you mess up? Just pull it up and start again. Try not to touch the exposed inner side of the protector, and keep moving up until you get to the top of the iPad. You should have a perfectly placed screen cover.

6 - Take the credit card and remove any air bubbles that are there, you might get 1 or 2 along the outside.

7 - When there are no more air bubbles peel the scotch tape away from the back of the iPad. Pull the tab to remove the outer film of the cover and remove it completely. If you see a tiny bubble, remove it with your thumb, don't use the credit after the film has been removed, it will scratch the cover. Wipe the screen protector and your done, a perfect install.