PDA

View Full Version : Petrino is outta there

sandpit
04-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Arkansas has fired Bobby Petrino, saying he "knowingly misled" and engaged in reckless behavior in a relationship with a female football employee half his age.

more at the link (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Arkansas-fires-Bobby-Petrino-as-coach-041012)

PhantomOnTour
04-10-2012, 10:35 PM
He deserves it...not the first time he's been involved in some extramarital shenanigans.
Bad character guy anyway...look at how he bailed on the Atlanta Falcons when Vick got in trouble.

cj
04-10-2012, 11:01 PM
That SEC just never stops with the off season entertainment.

PhantomOnTour
04-10-2012, 11:16 PM
That SEC just never stops with the off season entertainment.
Almost as good as the in-season entertaiment

cj
04-10-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd say better.

PhantomOnTour
04-10-2012, 11:43 PM
That's because you're not a fan of an SEC school, so the only fun you can have at their expense is off the field.

:D

ElKabong
04-11-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd say better.

Totally agree. It's a farking zoo.

BTW, last month LSU DB Morris Claborne scored the lowest Wonderlic score of all time....a 4....

Total joke

bigmack
04-11-2012, 12:40 AM
What a way to go. And lookin' like a goat doin' it, with the neck brace & all. :D

That poor dear is probably pretty shook up over this whole erDeal.

I've got excellent therapy skills. I wish I could help. :rolleyes:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/9201.jpg

ElKabong
04-11-2012, 01:02 AM
dorrell supposedly has had folks contact Gloria Allred to protect her job, or to negotiate a settlement.

Her engagement (to a U of Ark swimming and diving employee) has been cancelled. Imagine that, hehe.

PhantomOnTour
04-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I have ElKabong on IGNORE (for obvious reasons) but i see he's posted on this Petrino thread.....

I've got $1000 bet that he invoked the holy name of LSU in one of his posts.
Am i right?
He must be rejoicing that Vince Young is now off the hook as the dumbest college kid to ever take the Wonderlic (and Vince is still just a kid who needs the nurturing bosom of a mom coach to help him along in life)...hmmm, did he mention LSU in the Warren Sapp thread also? I've got another thousand that says he did.
Any takers?
You Texas POS are so predictable...and pathetic.

Let's see if Claiborne is as big of a pathetic bust of a player (and man) like Vince Young is.
Vince still calls momma 3x a day doesn't he?

"Ma, coach being mean to me again just because i can't read a defense, or throw a good pass, or wipe my own ass. I wanna come home all the way to Oustin Texas and rest my head on your nurturing bosom. I don't belong with these men"

blind squirrel
04-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Arkansas has fired Bobby Petrino, saying he "knowingly misled" and engaged in reckless behavior in a relationship with a female football employee half his age.

more at the link (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Arkansas-fires-Bobby-Petrino-as-coach-041012)

He was at Louisville{the team i follow}. I always disliked him as
a person,but many "Fans" loved him...The Cards were ranked in the
top 10...If Fidel Castro went 9 and 2 in the SEC there would be a Facebook page supporting him! :D

PhantomOnTour
04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
How bout those brilliant Texas boys who decided to make their own trip to Texas Tech but were so stupid that they went the wrong way (no GPS so they were totally clueless ofcourse)?

Didn't realize it for about 200 miles :lol:

ElKabong
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
How bout those brilliant Texas boys who decided to make their own trip to Texas Tech but were so stupid that they went the wrong way (no GPS so they were totally clueless ofcourse)?

Didn't realize it for about 200 miles :lol:

Les Miles is after 2 of those kids (TEXAS isn't recruiting any of em btw). They'll fit right in with Claiborne and his score of 4!

btw....Vince Young's wonderlic score was exactly the same as Dan Marino's (16)......Keep your hate going!!

PhantomOnTour
04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
I notice no one took me up on my bet.
Guess i was right.

Texan fools are so predictable :D

ElKabong
04-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Look at this on the positive side POT.....Claiborne scored 4 more points on his Wonderlic than LSU did vs Bama in January :lol:

LSU = Chokerrrrrrrs ! :)

PhantomOnTour
04-12-2012, 09:11 AM
You still responding El Krapbong?

Texas: from Mexico you came and to Mexico you shall return :D

Please guard your border...i don't want Louisiana to border a foreign country.
Look on the bright side; with all the illegals POURING into Texas by the thousands everyday, maybe the UT soccer team will become a national power...Los Horns?

PhantomOnTour
04-12-2012, 09:26 AM
TEXAS:
toros y patos
(that's "steers and queers" in Spanish...you Texans had better learn it...quickly)

A lil Cajun French for ya: bec mon chu...look that up.

ElKabong
04-12-2012, 09:01 PM
You said you had me on ignore?... Like a moth to a flame, a poverty stricken swamp boy has to dig a deeper hole in the water to crawl back to the big brother (TEXAS).

Last time TEXAS played LSU, we kicked your ass....With Chris Simms of all people....and when you hurricane-swept punks get to thinking you'll win an MNC undefeated, WHAM!!!!!!! You can't even cross the midfield stripe against a head coach that left you pieces of smelly shit & came back to a better program (Bama) lol

Third rate state, poverty stricken, chokers, lol......"Poor, stupid and coached by Les Miles is no way to go thru life, son" :lol:

Striker
04-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Les Miles is after 2 of those kids (TEXAS isn't recruiting any of em btw). They'll fit right in with Claiborne and his score of 4!

I will say that Miles needs to shut the f up about Gunner Kiel. Athletes change their mind all the time about which school/coach they wish to play for, let it go. He is making himself look like an ahole. Miles has had numerous negative quotes to the media about this kid since he changed his mind and enrolled at Notre Dame.

ElKabong
04-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Leslie is a little hard to figure out. Weird duck. Before the MNC game he was asked what they'd do differently vs Bama the 2nd go around...His answer was "nothing, we do what we do".....One team made adjustments, the other couldn't cross midfield and was beaten to embarrassment.

You can't play a top 10 ten team the same, the 2nd time around.

I know LSU guys get defensive about Leslie (for some reason), the guy is one of the worst HCs for many reasons. At least the oSu guys had a realistic opinion of Miles. He was smart to turn down his alma mater (Michigan), LSU has a great recruiting base there in La....Lot of top shelf athletes as long as you can keep them eligible. If you can keep the top talent from leaving you'll be a top 10 program.

That fan base down there is fickle as hell tho. Always has been. They'll turn on the team in a heartbeat. But when they win, they are crazy fans

Dahoss2002
04-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Feel bad for the Hog fans but firing him was all they could do.

ElKabong
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Haven't heard who they will hire after the first 3 names came out (and apparently won't materialize)

Kirby Smart- just signed an extension with Bama for 850k+
Gus Malzahn- heard he said he wasn't interested, and he did burn bridges on the way out
Manny Diaz- SEC experience, upgraded what Muschamp left behind, but zero HC experience---would be a shock if hired on

I should add, UA has been kind of a mess lately. First the Nolan Richardson meltdown (truly epic), the whole Houston Nutt circus for the last 2 yrs of his tenure (entertainment), the Malzahn Experience, now this.

Striker
04-16-2012, 01:56 AM
How about Taver Johnson or Paul Haynes being promoted?

ElKabong
04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I imagine they'll be considered. Garrick McGee might get an interview too. Ryan Mallett tweeted he was in support of McGee. McGee does have (a) a DUI on his record, and (b) was involved in a robbery while in college.

Since the Hawgs next choice for HC will be under a strong microscope before day 1 is past on their watch, these past digressions will count pretty big