PDA

View Full Version : Positive test

Truckinted
04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I noticed that Reibercrombie raced at Yonkers this past saturday even though the horse is under suspension for a positive test in Ontario. USTA claims ownership has changed as the reason it was allowed to race. People violate the rules and then find a way around them to benefit themselves. The new trainer of record is a long time employee of the trainer under suspension for the positive. Coleman showing real integrity.

Overcall
04-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I noticed that Reibercrombie raced at Yonkers this past saturday even though the horse is under suspension for a positive test in Ontario. USTA claims ownership has changed as the reason it was allowed to race. People violate the rules and then find a way around them to benefit themselves. The new trainer of record is a long time employee of the trainer under suspension for the positive. Coleman showing real integrity.

Reibercrombie has raced the last three Saturdays in a row. When he got suspended, the blogs in Canada were howling bout Coleman. "Reibercrombie gets 90 days, how bout Coleman" So where is Coleman? Heard no news!

wilderness
04-10-2012, 09:45 PM
This is old news and has been on most every horse forum except this one.

Just go to the SC site and do a search on "coleman+2012" and her days will come up.
Or go the SC Fines and Suspensions page.

pandy
04-12-2012, 08:27 AM
The assistant trainer who took over for Coleman, Andrew Harris, has been red hot at Yonkers but just to note that the Meadowlands has banned any Coleman/Harris horses. Gural said that he doesn't think it's right to have a trainer get suspended for drugs and then just let the horses race for an assistant.

In my opinion, Yonkers should have banned all horses from this barn. Gural made the right call.

Zapper
04-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Coleman is in South Florida training this years crop of babies.Word is the suspension is to conclude in 20 days and she will be back at the Ontario base just in time to qualify those horses.Yonkers trainer has been with that operation for over 5 years and numbers are great almost 4 million alone last year with horses set to him and trained by him.

Zapper
04-12-2012, 08:33 AM
The assistant trainer who took over for Coleman, Andrew Harris, has been red hot at Yonkers but just to note that the Meadowlands has banned any Coleman/Harris horses. Gural said that he doesn't think it's right to have a trainer get suspended for drugs and then just let the horses race for an assistant.

In my opinion, Yonkers should have banned all horses from this barn. Gural made the right call.

But what will Gural do in 20 days when her Ontario suspension concludes?

wilderness
04-12-2012, 11:18 AM

Bob,
That policy would be fine if Mr. Gural enforced it across the board, however there are beards at M1 currently in place of trainers that most everybody in the industry is aware of.

In addition, wait and see how much the "so-called policy" is ignored, when one of the investors trainers appears with a beard, or longtime and very BIG owners utilize the same beards (and have practiced this for decades).

Not4Love
04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Wondering who the beards are at The Big M.

wilderness
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Wondering who the beards are at The Big M.

Were you on Mars last fall when NY suspended about a dozen?

pandy
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
The only one I thought the Meadowlands missed was Fraley (Kesmodel) and I heard that one slipped by them, Kesmodel got lucky.

Not4Love
04-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I must have been on Mars. Can u at least name some of the beards? Then back to Mars.

wilderness
04-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I must have been on Mars. Can u at least name some of the beards? Then back to Mars.

Abraham Lincoln
Rutherford B Hayes
Martin Van Buren
James Garfield
Ulysses S. Grant

Not4Love
04-12-2012, 08:34 PM
:) :)

Truckinted
04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
That's the problem with this industry. It depends on who you are. Always has and always will. Soaking up the sun, still calling the shots and collecting a training bill all while on suspension. And the industry wonders why it is in trouble. There is absolutely zero integrity anymore and the cheaters are actually rewarded. The only fix is zero tolerance for everyone.