PDA

View Full Version : Dual Qualifiers Dominate Derby Graded Earnings List

Blenheim
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Dual Qualifiers are lookin' strong this year, here is the current list. No doubt still some time for change, but at this point it appears the top runners get in.

Hansen
Union Rags
Creative Cause
Wrote
Gemologist
Sabercat
Secret Circle
Liaison
Trinniberg
Drill
--------------------
Rousing Sermon

redshift1
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Do you think these five are legitimate contenders? IMO form and distance excludes them except in exotics.

Sabercat
Secret Circle
Liaison
Trinniberg
Drill

Blenheim
04-09-2012, 10:20 PM
What is a bit surprising about the list this year is most of the top ranked horses made it. I don't recall in recent memory seeing so many of em' in the top twenty. I think those involved in the EFH selection process did a fine job in a year of fewer injuries. Good to see, and looks like we're gonna have a good competitive horse race this year.

~
I don't think Wrote will run, nor Drill and Trinniberg. (Nice to see Trinniberg win again last weekend.) That opens up three spots thus far, waitin' for Sabercat. I think Liaison and Secret Circle will run given a chance, probably won't be competitive but could be part of the exotics.

plainolebill
04-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd be surprised to see Laison show up for the Derby after his last few starts. Probably be better off saving him for the Swaps at Hollywood or one of the lesser derbies.

sandpit
04-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Do you think these five are legitimate contenders? IMO form and distance excludes them except in exotics.

Sabercat
Secret Circle
Liaison
Trinniberg
Drill

Took the words right out of my keyboard...