PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT, CONTEST ENTRANTS READ

Bubbles
12-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Just saw DRF's posting of races early in 2004. The Santa Catalina (SA, Jan. 17), the Holy Bull (GP, Jan. 17), the Fountain of Youth (GP, Feb. 14), and the Risen Star (FG, Feb. 15) are all on the schedule. Therefore, these races will be the first four in the contest. If anyone has any questions about the schedule or anything else regarding the contest, let me know. Thanks!

Suff
12-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Bubbles
Juanything else regarding the contest, let me know. Thanks!

Start engraving the Trophy..

w-h-o-s-e...y-e-a... d-a-d-d-y

Bubbles
12-29-2003, 08:34 AM
Trophy's already BEEN engraved...

B...U...B...B...L...E...S

Jinxed
12-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Bubbles, did I make it in time for the A/E list. I have trouble following the threads in here.....I think being new I was late getting signed up for this contest.:mad:

Bubbles
12-30-2003, 10:17 PM
No, you got it. You ARE last on the A/E, however, so when you get a chance to wager, make it count.

Jinxed
12-30-2003, 10:23 PM
OK, can you explain to me what that means "when you get a chance to wager". Sorry, I guess I don't understand exactly what you mean. Why would I get a chance unless someone dropped out, or a whole bunch dropped out :). Thanks for explaining....:confused: BTW, I was born and raised in Syracuse. You are in a beautiful part of the country. My ex was in the Air Force and that is how I ended up wayyyyyyyyyy out here. I also lived in Jacksonville, Arkansas for 4 yr. and wish I was back there for Oaklawn. Just some info you probably don't even care to know....but couldn't help noticing you are from Kingston.:D

Bubbles
12-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Explaining about the A/E's...

I had a few people drop out and give spots to others in my Breeders Cup contest. I set the list up to make it more organized. It'll work like this: To prevent certain people from hogging the contest, after one A/E-er bets, he goes to the back of the line. So, if anyone drops out, is out of town, etc., everyone'll have a few chances to bet.

Kingston's all right of a place. Nice, little city (population of around 25,000), but the people who are big in the city can be morons (ex., school district heads, socialites(one who tried to cancel the high school's production of Les Miserables), that sort of thing). Too bad they can't spoil horse racing...;) :D :)

Tom
01-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Please give my slot to someone else.
Thanks
Tom

JimG
01-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Bubbles,

I am going to need to drop out as well.

Shacopate
01-02-2004, 04:19 AM
What gives?

Tom,

I know your wanting to focus on "real money", but Bubbles is putting together "another" great contest. It's gonna be a fun ride to the derby.

I implore you and Jim to reconsider.

JimG
01-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Shacopate
What gives?

Tom,

I know your wanting to focus on "real money", but Bubbles is putting together "another" great contest. It's gonna be a fun ride to the derby.

I implore you and Jim to reconsider.

I am sure the contest will be a success. I am going to limit contest play this year to those that either pay money or involve a trip to the NTRA tourney in Vegas. Like Tom, other contests were interefering some with my actual play.

The only exception will be the contest between all the internet sites, including software developers, if we have that contest this year.

Besides, I am sure the "also eligibles" for this contest will be happy to "scratch-in". Good luck to all in the contest.

Tom
01-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Not that don't aprreciate the troubel Bubbles goes to for theses thing-he is a great guy and I respect him a lot.
But there are others on the AE list who really want to play so I figured it would be fairer to give them the shot.
Of course, if we run low on entrants, I will play.
And I will, o course, give my running commentary in the WR for each race<G>

Bubbles
01-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Whatever you two decide to do is fine with me. I'll have the complete list of entrants and A/Es up on the contest forum when PA puts it up if anyone's interested.