PDA

View Full Version : Meadowland selections: Sat., April 7

Teach
04-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Race One: #9 Midnight Lawyer. The horse scored a convincing win last week. I wouldn’t be surprised if this Jenna’s Beach Boy-bred gelding repeated, despite the outside starting post. This lightly-raced gelding should be able to pick’em up and lay’em down in the stretch. #1 Hurrikane Scotty J also won last week in this company. The horse dropped back at the start and came wide from off the pace to secure the victory by a half-length. Anything resembling last week’s effort and he’s very much a player again this week. #3 Paragon, a veteran Cambest-bred horse, is driven by Greg Merton. This horse’s last race in the Catskills stopped the tele-timer at 1:56.3 (not too shabby for the relatively slow Monticello half-mile oval). Could pick up the pieces in a gimmick. Finally, #4 Must Be The Bunny is winless in 2012. However, the horse has faced better; he also gets the services of Corey Callahan. May be good enough to pick up the pieces.

Race Two: #1 Breakin The Law and 1A Take It Back Terry, look solid. In fact, it’s possible that both horses could hit the tote. #1 Breakin The Law won last week; Take It Back Terry got “parked” and ended up finishing 5th. Last week, I picked the horse that I believe is the main threat here. I’m talkin’ about #5 Winter Night with Corey Callahan. Last week, the horse turned in a blazing final quarter – 26.3 – but finished third to RocknDream and Astor. This week, Callahan could very well time this horse’s late charge to prevail at the wire. #7 E Street Plan finishedthird to Breakin The Law in last week’s race; he gets another shot. This RocknRoll Hanover-bred gelding definitely fits in this company. He just might surprise and add value to your ticket. The addition of lasix should help. Finally, the aforementioned #4 RocknDream comes off last week’s win in this series; he’s most definitely a threat. Ron Pierce retains the drive. Look for this horse to be in the thick of things as they head down the stretch.

Race Three: #4 Cullens Blue Chip is a horse that’s been on the improve. A few weeks back, he finished fourth to Fred And Ginger in a blisteringly fast qualifier. Then, he finished fourth with a late rush on the grandstand side. Finally, last week, he finished second to Three Ten with a solid closing effort. Is tonight the night? “The Orange Crush” will have to make like “Clockwork Orange” to time the horse’s late brush. #7 A Major Haze has faced better. He threw in a “clunker” last week against slightly better (he has faced much better in the past - with solid times). This Art Major-bred gelding is very lightly raced and could surprise. #8 Success Rocks finished fourth last week to Midnight Lawyer in last week’s last race. Last week, the horse set off down the backstretch but ran out of stamina in the stretch drive; he finished fourth. This week could be a whole ‘nother story. The Hall-of-Famer, John Campbell, draws the driving assignment. #1 TheeTownLittleGuy has been installed as a 3-1 ML fave. I’m not quite sure. The horse shows potential (I’d just like to see more). Maybe the steady hands of Dave Miller can put this horse into contention.

Race Four: #2 Regil Tiger showed little against slightly weaker last week, but that doesn’t discourage me. First, this horse gets an improved starting post. Second, he should - with his running style and starting slot - be closer to the front when they hit the backstretch. Finally, “The Bionic One,” Tim Tetrick, retains the drive. This horse is most capable, and he may offer value. Last week, #3 A J Corbelli looked like Bee Bee Bee in the 1972 Preakness (Secretariat won the following year). Last week, it seemed like everyone and his brother had A J Corbelli. Now, he gets tested for horsey gonads. If he can run the same way he ran last week - despite the class hike - he can once again take it all, and at a better price. Yes, he’s far from a lead-pipe cinch, yet he’s most playable. #4 Rescue Plan went off the chalk at Chester last week. He ended up finishing third. Yet, the horse certainly fits in this company. Ron Pierce is a plus. This Direct Scooter-bred gelding has a knack of hitting the board - seven times out of 11 tries in 2012. Finally, #5 Intrigued Royally went off the chalk last week against slightly softer. The horse finished 5th to the eventual winner, Cobalt Man. It looks like the horse needed last week’s race. This week, this horse has a chance to make amends.

Race Five: #10 Oh My Joepa. Yes, he steps up the class ladder (the competition will be understandably tougher) and he draws the outside post. However, having said this, he might just be a “special” horse. Corey Callahan, one of harness racing’s top drivers, gets the assignment. It looks like the horse’s best chance will be to blast out from the 10-hole and either find an up-front tuck or continue on to the lead. #8 RU Ready To Rock made a solid closing effort (27.1) in last week Jin Dandy-winning race. Dave Miller retains the drive. Should be closing late. #5 Fat Mans Alley also comes out of the Jin Dandy race; he finished second. Prior to that, the horse finished fourth in Yonkers Sagamore Series. This horse is capable of hitting the tote. Then, there’s the aforementioned #3 Jin Dandy. He’s been razor sharp in winning two in a row. Sin duda (without a doubt), this horse figures to be right there; I’m just looking for some value.

Race Six: #1 Hickory Horace. He has the class. He has the rail (pylons). He has Tim Tetrick in the sulky. He’s got good breeding - Dragon Again. And, as George Gershwin might have said: “Who can ask for anything more?” Let’s look at his last race. The 8-hole starting slot at Yonkers. That post is usually: Il Bacio di Morte. Prior to that he had the 10-hole at The Meadowlands and the 8-hole once again at Yonkers. I think he can be there. #2 Cobalt Man won last week against somewhat softer. Yes, he will be tested. Yet, the horse has Corey Callahan in the sulky. And, if he runs back to last week’s race, he’ll be a force to be reckoned with. #3 Western Trademark ran into a buzz-saw last week by the name of Fred And Ginger. Yet, the horse, although finishing off the board, came home in a sizzling 26.1. Better post. Better chance. Western Trademark. Finally, #4 Fashion Delight also finished as an “also ran” in last week’s Fred And Ginger race. But don’t be fooled by his showing. This is a very good horse who needed that first 2012 pari-mutuel start. This horse faced solid, stakes competition last year as a 3-year old.

Race Seven: #7 McCedes was fourth last week in the AJ Corbelli race. The horse made his move as they approached the three-quarter pole but then flattened out in the stretch. The horse may well have needed that race as he had been off a week prior to that. A better trip would all that seems necessary to put this horse into contention in this well-balanced field. #10 Buckeye In Charge finished second in the AJ Corbelli race. The horse has faced better at The Big M. This might be the night that this Presidential Ball-bred gelding gets his first 2012 pari-mutuel win. #4 Stormin Rustler faced better in a recent try at the Big M; he finished second in that start. It wouldn’t take much for this horse to mount a contending stretch drive. A factor to be considered in this race. Finally, #2 Keep Going with Jarett Kelley. This horse has most definitely faced better. However, I’d like him better if he hadn’t been off a week. At his best, he can be a player here. A horse not to be ignored.

Race Eight: #7 Rockin Glass has been a model of consistency. He’s hit the board in his last six races including a win in the“Rages To Riches” final. He should once again be a big factor here. #3 Master Stroke just missed against Legacy N Diamonds in this race last week. Just slight improvement would all that seems necessary to put this horse right there at the wire. #8 Gaelic Thunder could do little against slightly stronger competition last week. He now gets the services of Tim Tetrick. He looks like a horse who’ll be coming off the tailgate and closing strongly in the stretch. #1 Legacy N Diamonds has been very sharp so far this year. He has six win in 10 starts, that includes a win last week against this class of competition.

Race Nine: #2 Rock The Country has been facing solid competition at Chester with little to show for his efforts. He now ships back to The Meadowlands. I believe this well-bred, lightly-raced 5-year-old Rocknroll Hanover gelding may be coming up to a big number. #4 Mattador D won two-straight at “The Spa”. He now tries the “southern climes” of Bergen County. If the horse runs like he did at “’Toga,” he’ll be a factor. We’ll see. When last seen in these parts, his only win was a “marathon race”. #3 Da Vision Of Art has finished second in his last two races in this company. Driver Joe Bongiorno guides this Artsplace-Big Towner-bred gelding. Looks like a “board-hitter”. #5 Irish Elitist finished third to Laguna Beach last week. Any slight improvement would put this horse in the mix in this company. Tim Tetrick retains the drive. Four tote-hitting efforts out of nine 2012 tries.

Race Ten: #3 Sonic Dancer. He did finish second at Chester last week. Prior to that he took part in the Cam Fella Series at Woodbine. The horse made it to the finals, but he broke after being hustled for the lead. He’s had a couple starts since then and may be coming up to a big race. Keep an eye on the tote. #6 Mickey Hanover looks like the logical. He’s faced better (he was fourth in the Fred And Ginger race) and his times are very good. He’ll likely go off the fave. He’s certainly highly considered; it’s just that I’m looking for value. #7 Alex Bullville finished third to Cobalt Man last week. He now gets the services of “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller. The horse should be closing in the stretch. Finally, #8 Picture Me with Dan Noble in the bike. He raced for the lead last week and held on into the stretch only to be collared by Cobalt Man. A similar trip would make him a player in this race.

Race Eleven: #1 Reited XX is coming off a maiden-breaking win at Chester. If that victory is any indication, this horse is very much a factor here. He draws the rail and retains the services of Tim Tetrick. Prior to his win, he was in the Sagamore Series at Yonkers. #2 Attack Modes Billy looks like the major danger. He’s hit the board in his two pari-mutuel starts this year. Dave Miller retains the drive. Should be on or near “the engine”. #7 Rock Three Times will also be cutting loose for the lead. If Dan Noble can find a favorable tuck, he should hit the board and might even get all the enchiladas. #6 Stonebridge Bonus closed well in the Oh My Joepa race last week. The horse should once again be closing in the stretch. Certainly capable of being part of gimmicks.

Race Twelve: #8 Mr Hallowell was third in this company last week. As it always is, the trip will be everything. The horse will need to make progress down the backstretch and then mount a closing stretch kick. Ron Pierce is most capable in the sulky. #10 May I Say has been campaigning down in Chester. He has had some issues with “breaking”; yet, he appears to be rounding into shape. He does have to overcome the extreme outside post; however, if he’s reasonably ready, he should be a factor in this race. #9 Hons Leaving Feel faced better in his only pari-mutuel start of 2012. Another case of a horse who, if reasonably ready, could provide surprises. Finally, #4 Thunder’s Fury looks like the logical choice. He finished third to Midnight Lawyer last week in this company. He’s faced much better in the past.

cecil127
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
viewed this thread (0 mtp to r7) and took a "wait and see" approach.
exacta boxed the 7/3/8 in the 8th race.
you da man!:ThmbUp: :cool: