PDA

View Full Version : Members of Congress going after a COO

DJofSD
04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
http://www.alpa.org/portals/alpa/fastread/2012/docs/PCLltr_4-4-12.pdf

I wonder what party this guy is affiliated with.

JustRalph
04-06-2012, 08:44 AM
That flight was a travesty. Somebody should be going after them, I don't care who they are.

Many people were surprised to learn that the pilots were making 8 bucks an hour.

Very common in low level airlines.

Tom
04-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Just thinking out loud here, before the first cup of tasty West Rock, but if you are a certified pilot, and you take a job for $8/hour, are you really worth much more than that?

DJofSD
04-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Just thinking out loud here, before the first cup of tasty West Rock, but if you are a certified pilot, and you take a job for $8/hour, are you really worth much more than that?
No. As stated above, that is the norm for the industry. Pilots more or less serve in an apprentice position working for low wages while flying the puddle jumpers and regional routes. Even when transitioning to a major, you start out well below what the senior pilots with international experience are paid.

JustRalph
04-06-2012, 09:33 AM
No. As stated above, that is the norm for the industry. Pilots more or less serve in an apprentice position working for low wages while flying the puddle jumpers and regional routes. Even when transitioning to a major, you start out well below what the senior pilots with international experience are paid.

True Dat! You are working just to get the hours. That's it. Until you get the hours and certifications, you can't move up. So the small carriers own your ass. Many pilots would get their hours on cargo runs with small outfits carrying things like checks and small freight. But most of that business has gone digital or to the Fedex's of the world.

The two pilots of the flight in this letter were flying over Indiana and ran into icing conditions and if I remember right, neither had ever flown in ice before? And they were making the Chicago run!!