PDA

View Full Version : It's official...Azeri is coming back....

PaceAdvantage
12-27-2003, 11:18 PM
http://racing.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=19785

Not only that, but Lukas gets six other Paulson horses....

I particularly like this snippet from the article:

Paulson said he chose Lukas after extensive research into the trainer's record with top-notch fillies and mares, and cited Lukas' success with females such as Lady's Secret, Winning Colors, Spain, and Serena's Song.

And other nice quote:

"Though there are risks for every action you take, we'll bring her back with caution and diligence," said Paulson. "Champion horses like Azeri are what every owner and breeder of these magnificent animals strives for. A long as she is sound and fit for racing, I believe her place is on the racetrack."

Good for them!! I hope for nothing but great success for team Lukas/Paulson and Azeri in 2004!

SandyE
01-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Pa that does sound like a winning combination.

btb happy new year,
and may the horse be with you,
cheers :D

Fastracehorse
01-04-2004, 02:04 AM
That Lukas is held in such high esteem by Paulson, especially regarding Lukas' talent with fillies/mares.

That is quite a compliment. Lukas does recieve his fair share of criticism from board members for being tough on his stock.

fffastt

SandyE
01-04-2004, 05:08 PM
that Paulson doesn't read this or any or boards online, which I don't see would have made a ounce of diference in the decision factor not one iota. Lukas has gotten a lot of static from people here and else where but you'll find I'm probably in the minority when it comes to critazing Lukas. Besides I might some day get a chance on working for him so I keep a tongue in cheeck. The only fault I have with Lukas is/was what he said about Antley. Outside of that he's as good as they come. Paulson could have sent her over seas to race. I one for feel good about the combination, so only time will tell if it's trully a good one.
Horses don't ya just love 'em? :-)