PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tornadoes

FiveWide
04-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Wow, what a day in the DFW area. At least 12 tornadoes ripped thru various counties/cites doing massive destruction. I was fortunate to escape them both at my home and then at work (about 20 miles away!). We had to evac at work. Tornadoes just a few minutes aways in both locations. Such a close call!

I hope all my fellow Texans here, or anyone else that might have relatives living in the DFW area, were as fortunate as myself to be safe and sound.

-Five

bigmack
04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Honey, was that a semi trailer that just flew by the winder?

Yeah. I believe it was. :eek:

ZF-p8V7ubpk

canleakid
04-03-2012, 11:32 PM
My daughter is a school teacher in Mesquite, they kept the kids after school to make sure it was safe to go home and all is well as of 10:30 pm :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
04-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Anybody heard from LSbets?

lsbets
04-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Anybody heard from LSbets?

Watched a tornado go through a pasture across from my house. Missed us, but slammed a neighborhood a mile away, 5 houses destroyed there. They kept the kids locked down at school, they didn't get home till after 5. Had my wife, 3 year old, 7 month old, and 3 dogs ride it out in the pantry while I watched.

About to call the insurance company. Golf ball sized hail, so time to get the roof done.

Crazy day, they now say 15 tornados in 5 hours. Its amazing no one was killed.

gptx
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
I cut it pretty close yesterday. I had my motorcycle dyno'ed over by TI in Richardson, about 45 minutes North of where I live. Got done sometime close to 1:00 and heading home decided to go west on I635 instead of East on 635 to I20. Good thing too as I would have been very close to the tornado on the video.

Wife's work in Grand Prairie went to shelter, Daughter's work in Richardson went to shelter, heard my work at Love Field was sent to shelter, and Step-Daughter's apartments in Arlington barely missed the tornado by about half/mile.

One of the worst things was not being able to get phone service much of the time to check on everyone.

Shelby
04-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Those trailers looked like someone throwing Legos in the air.

Just unreal.

I'm glad everyone is ok--sorry about any damages.

lsbets
04-04-2012, 03:05 PM
They classified the one by my house as an EF3 with 150 mph winds. Haven't heard about the others yet, I imagine the one that picked up the trucks was much bigger.

lsbets
04-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Here's a picture from the water tower down the road from me.

Tom
04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Stay safe,man. Prayers for you all down there!

ElKabong
04-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Honey, was that a semi trailer that just flew by the winder?

Yeah. I believe it was. :eek:

ZF-p8V7ubpk

At work I was watching this live on WFAA.com, it was amazing to see. We thought it was a few trailer homes on the screen, and the guy in the channel 8 Heli described it as such. It wasn't until the skies had cleared that anyone watching knew it was trailers that were lined up near tractors / cabs

I pass that area everyday going to and from work on I-20....Going home yesterday there was a massive traffic jam where the "trailer yard" is, the trailers were strewn everywhere across the lot. That particular stretch has 3-4 truck and tractor trailer yards (Kenworth, Bruckners, etc).

I work at a small airport in the mid cities, one of the Arlington tornados was very close to us, twice we were summoned downstairs to the 1rst floor.

Wwhat was funny was watching the Euro's that had never seen a tornado. They were completely fascinated by them. One lady from Paris was at my desk looking over my shoulder for 2 hours watching the live feed. Her demeanor and interest were as if she were in a science class listening to the most interesting thing she'd ever seen. Asking questions left and right (do people die in these things? you mean the weather people know when the tornado reaches the next town (StormTrak)? how far do tornadoes travel? how fast?)