PDA

View Full Version : DRF Speed Ratings Question

mistergee
04-03-2012, 07:52 PM
was wondering, the drf speed ratings that are based on the last 3 yrs track records. are the ratings redone when the new year is added and the 4 yrs back is eliminated, it looks like the 2011 records were added on 04-01-12 so in effect what happens to the ratings that were already computed before that date. i hope i have worded this inquiry where it is understandable and i know the drf ratings are mostly looked down on, but I am working on a modification to these figs----thanks in advance

cj
04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
was wondering, the drf speed ratings that are based on the last 3 yrs track records. are the ratings redone when the new year is added and the 4 yrs back is eliminated, it looks like the 2011 records were added on 04-01-12 so in effect what happens to the ratings that were already computed before that date. i hope i have worded this inquiry where it is understandable and i know the drf ratings are mostly looked down on, but I am working on a modification to these figs----thanks in advance

I don't think they go back and redo the figures, but it shouldn't be too hard to compare a horse's older PPs with new ones once they run back. I checked one horse and his ratings prior to April 1st were exactly the same in the PPs for April 4th as they were in the PPs when he raced on March 14th.

mistergee
04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
thanks CJ ---appreciate that