PDA

View Full Version : A really bad idea

JustRalph
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/03/11001369-here-come-the-sons-will-beatles-kids-form-own-band

The new Beatles

badcompany
04-03-2012, 01:11 PM
That has "Epic Fail" written all over it.

The most talented rock star child I've ever seen is Paul Rodgers' daughter, Jasmine.

QAF05Wxqf8M

highnote
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
What the heck... who cares if they try? Who knows... maybe they will actually sound pretty good?

My advice to them is that they should try to just be themselves and not try to sound like their fathers. That won't be easy, since they've probably been listening to Beatles tunes since they were in the womb.

Julian Lennon's first minor hit sounded just like something his father might have written. I don't know if that was a good or bad idea. Or maybe he couldn't help it. Maybe that is just the way he was writing at that time.

If you grow up playing classical piano and then are asked to play the blues it just doesn't sound right. It's hard to change things that are ingrained in you.

I once worked on a TV commercial with Michael (sp?) Barishnikov the great Russian ballet dancer and Twila Tharp the great American choreographer. They did a scene where they were supposed to do some freestyle dancing to a rock tune. Barishnikov was very stiff -- he couldn't shake his classical ballet moves. Tharp was totally comfortable and danced like she was a teenager in a disco.

So if the Beatles sons "come together" will they be able to shake their Beatle influences?