PDA

View Full Version : "Professor" Gordon Jones wins Orleans Tournament

levinmpa
04-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I've heard a lot of people bash Gordon Jones over the years, on this forum, and on one particular radio show in So. Cal. The fact is that the guy is a pretty darn good handicapper. He won The Championship at the Orleans this past weekend, picking up $38K. I know he also won a Horse Player World Series qualifier a few years ago, winning $10K. Apparently he hit an 86/1 bomb at Oaklawn on Friday to take the lead, and did enough to hold on for the win. I used to listen to him on Vegas Track Talk when he was on that show, and he showed a profit nearly every year he was on that show, picking horses at 7:30AM Pacific time. Congrats Gordon.

Robert Goren
04-02-2012, 07:41 AM
He had a "cult" of followers here in Nebraska for many years.

v j stauffer
04-02-2012, 12:23 PM
:jump: :jump: Way to go Prof.:jump: :jump: Great job. Gordon is a good man who loves our game and especially handicapping and handicappers.

Can someone help with a link or a list of the entire order of finish for this tournament?

Thanks.

cj
04-02-2012, 12:25 PM
To be fair to this board, I don't remember much bashing of Gordon Jones going on here.

GameTheory
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
To be fair to this board, I don't remember much bashing of Gordon Jones going on here.Me neither. Some "gossip" about his arrest over the pic6 thing in Vegas, some talk of his daughter, nothing much negative if I remember. I think the worst he's been accused of is being outdated?

Valuist
04-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I've heard a lot of people bash Gordon Jones over the years, on this forum, and on one particular radio show in So. Cal. The fact is that the guy is a pretty darn good handicapper. He won The Championship at the Orleans this past weekend, picking up $38K. I know he also won a Horse Player World Series qualifier a few years ago, winning $10K. Apparently he hit an 86/1 bomb at Oaklawn on Friday to take the lead, and did enough to hold on for the win. I used to listen to him on Vegas Track Talk when he was on that show, and he showed a profit nearly every year he was on that show, picking horses at 7:30AM Pacific time. Congrats Gordon.

In past years, odds were capped at 20-1 in the Championship at the Orleans. He certainly didn't get the full 86-1.

BetHorses!
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
One of the nicest guys Gordon is

Tom
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
I got a hell of a lot out of his first back back in the day of making my own figs for Finger Lakes. His use of "pace fig" was a goldmine at that track back then.
I have loved pace figures eve since.

BlueShoe
04-02-2012, 10:57 PM
I got a hell of a lot out of his first back back in the day of making my own figs for Finger Lakes. His use of "pace fig" was a goldmine at that track back then.
I have loved pace figures eve since.

"Gordon Jones to Win" 1975. Still have it in my bookshelf.

David-LV
04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
In past years, odds were capped at 20-1 in the Championship at the Orleans. He certainly didn't get the full 86-1.
The horse at OP race 2 on Friday 3/30 paid $175.40

The bets are $100 per race, any 12 bets per day at tournament tracks.

The first $20 are at full track odds, and the other $80 is capped at 20/1.

$20=1754
$80=1680
Total points for this race was 3434

_______
David-LV