PDA

View Full Version : No Drugs No Cheating No Kidding

misscashalot
04-01-2012, 10:28 AM
In a perfect world of No Cheating and No Drugs what would the effect on your capping be? or how long would it take you to adjust to this dream?

lamboguy
04-01-2012, 10:31 AM
you would be handicapping horses first and trainers second.

pondman
04-01-2012, 10:56 AM
In a perfect world of No Cheating and No Drugs what would the effect on your capping be? or how long would it take you to adjust to this dream?

There would be no racing without drugs.

cj
04-01-2012, 10:58 AM
There would be no racing without drugs.

Seems to work ok everywhere but North America.

chickenhead
04-01-2012, 11:39 AM
it seems like both the jockey club and Congress are trying to race each other to some sort of conclusion. Maybe Congress getting involved is the impetus racing needs to do something voluntarily.

Personally I don't care who gets it done, it just needs to get done.

March 30th release of Reformed Medication Rules, Jockey Club:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/pdf/ReformedMedicationRules_TJC.pdf

Interstate Horse Racing Improvement Act:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/pdf/InterstateHorseracingImprovementAct.pdf

Tom
04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Let the JC do it.....congress has far more important things to do.
Start with lifetime bans and go from there.

KingChas
04-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Seems to work ok everywhere but North America.

It may be less rampant in Europe.....but.........
something new undetectable pops up everyday,remember the 80's Aussie "Elephant Juice".
The sport is based on $$$$, trainers everywhere are always looking for an edge.
I am sure it still exists to some degree everywhere in the world of horseracing just at a lesser (detectable?) degree than N.A..

cj
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
It may be less rampant in Europe.....but.........
something new undetectable pops up everyday,remember the 80's Aussie "Elephant Juice".
The sport is based on $$$$, trainers everywhere are always looking for an edge.
I am sure it still exists to some degree everywhere in the world of horseracing just at a lesser (detectable?) degree than N.A..

I don't think this referred to illegal drugs.

KingChas
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I don't think this referred to illegal drugs.

So we ban all the current legal drugs used in N.A. horseracing,
and then we can move on to replacement substances?

What's the difference? :D

cj
04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
So we ban all the current legal drugs used in N.A. horseracing,
and then we can move on to replacement substances?

What's the difference? :D

I responded to a quote: "There would be no racing without drugs." Are you saying we (or anywhere) need illegal drugs to conduct racing? You are losing me here.

KingChas
04-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Are you saying we (or anywhere) need illegal drugs to conduct racing?

Good question.

chickenhead
04-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Let the JC do it.....congress has far more important things to do.
Start with lifetime bans and go from there.

the problem I have is so far I can tell the JC has zero mechanism to make anything happen.

They put out rules and then ask everyone to do it. If nobody wants to, that's ok too.

That doesn't seem like a recipe for actually getting a national no-race-day meds rule done.

Fastracehorse
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM

more horses would miss the break :D

fffastt

therussmeister
04-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't think it would change anything in my handicapping, but then maybe I'd just be the last to adjust to this dream.

KingChas
04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Race 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Furlongs
| Drug Free| Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up | RESTRICTED ALLOWANCE l Purse: $100,000
Race restricted to horses that have never used medications and trained by trainers who have never been charged with any substance violations.

KingChas
04-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Race 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Furlongs
| Drug Free| Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up | RESTRICTED ALLOWANCE l Purse: $100,000
Race restricted to horses that have never used medications and trained by trainers who have never been charged with any substance violations.All horses will be tested pre and post race any violations will result in 50k fine to owner and trainer,loss of purse money,horse suspended for 1 year of racing,trainer banned for lifetime.

Would we be able to get a full field anywhere for this race? ;)