PDA

View Full Version : Tour Of Flanders (Ronde Van Vlaanderen)

gm10
04-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Anyone following the Flemish classic?

The race has been redesigned. No doubt because they want to charge people for watching the race in the future (which is an idiotic notion imo).

The two favs Boonen and Cancelara are the ones to beat. Boonen is riding much better than in previous few seasons, and knows these roads like the back of his hand. Cancelara is probably the strongest man in the peloton, but he's not the brightest. The way he lost the race last year was amazing.

My money is on two very strong Norwegians, Boasson-Hagen 35/1 and Hushovd 100/1. In any case, I expect it will be a test of pure stamina more than a test of speed and stamina like it used to be.

JBmadera
04-01-2012, 08:46 AM
http://live.cyclingnews.com/

love The Classics.

Go Farrar!!

gm10
04-01-2012, 09:37 AM
This race is turning into a nightmare. The race has been made so hard that they're going very slow and there are way too many riders left, resulting in multiple falls (Cancelara broke a shoulder). These narrow roads aren't made for a big bunch going into the finale.

PhantomOnTour
04-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Is this the one over the cobblestones...or is that Paris-Roubaix? Or Liege-Bastogne-Liege?

JBmadera
04-01-2012, 09:40 AM
big step forward for the US tv market, the Ronde is on live on NBCUS, in HD, amazing (normally we only get TdF live)

JBmadera
04-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Is this the one over the cobblestones...or is that Paris-Roubaix? Or Liege-Bastogne-Liege?

all those races have cobbles, Ronde too....very exciting time of the cycling season.

We do a race here that has really bad roads and we call it our version of Roubiax

gm10
04-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Tom Boonen ... third win. A true modern Flandrien.

JBmadera
04-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Tom Boonen ... third win. A true modern Flandrien.

I was worried about him a couple years back, but Tornado Tom looks to go down as one of the best of all time. great race.

gm10
04-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I was worried about him a couple years back, but Tornado Tom looks to go down as one of the best of all time. great race.

He has had some issues, some self-inflicted, but he's been riding with a lot of focus since the start of the season. He seems older and wiser.

I've been saying this for months now, back Boonen for the Olympics. Going up Box Hill nine times is right up his street, and he has called this race his main target for months now. Was 50/1 a few days ago, probably still get 25/1 tomorrow. The bookmakers are massively biased towards Cavendish who struggles to keep up with the peloton when going over a long bridge.

gm10
04-01-2012, 03:45 PM
all those races have cobbles, Ronde too....very exciting time of the cycling season.

We do a race here that has really bad roads and we call it our version of Roubiax

Where is the American P-R? I love the French P-R. Heroic race.