PDA

View Full Version : More killing in the sunshine state

GaryG
03-31-2012, 01:02 PM
I wonder if the brothers Sharpton and Jackson will weigh in on this one. It is a lot worse that the Trayvon caper. Florida is starting to look like Detroit with palm trees.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/30/2723976/several-shot-outside-funeral-home.html

ArlJim78
03-31-2012, 01:41 PM
unless any "white hispanics" were involved you won't hear any more about it from the hustlers.

dartman51
03-31-2012, 02:16 PM
I wonder if the brothers Sharpton and Jackson will weigh in on this one. It is a lot worse that the Trayvon caper. Florida is starting to look like Detroit with palm trees.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/30/2723976/several-shot-outside-funeral-home.html

Chicago South :ThmbUp:

boxcar
03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
unless any "white hispanics" were involved you won't hear any more about it from the hustlers.

It took some digging to find out just who was involved. All the big liberal rags, such as the Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, Orlando Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, etc. gave no clues. In fact, only one of these papers even provided the name of the deceased for whom the funeral was being held. When I told my wife, her immediate guess was that it sounded like it could be a Haitian's name because it sounded so French. Then as I started to read other smaller publications or the the news from local TV stations, I discovered the presiding pastor's name. It, too, sounded very French. (I told my wife, we're getting very warm.)

Finally, after more digging, I found out what I wanted to know: At least the race of the victims -- and probably the six perps, as well.

The 22-year old Andre, whose funeral it was, was himself a gun shot victim -- probably a member of a gang. Apparently, other gang members showed up to "pay their respectful respects", of course and then all hell broke loose.

The first two links reveal how I found out more than what the LameStream Print Media were reporting.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/31/2-dead-12-hurt-in-mass-shooting-in-north-miami/

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007089118296/at-least-14-shot-2-dead-in-funeral-shooting/

But the next link revealed the most:

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007089118296/at-least-14-shot-2-dead-in-funeral-shooting/

So, the upshot is that this was probably a Haitian-on-Haitian gang crime. This explains why the big publications omitted the racial/ethnicity facts to the story. It's simply isn't politically correct to report on black-on-black crime. It's not fair to cast blacks in such a negative light. We can be dead certain that the six people in the car were not white people; for if they had been, that fact would have been reported. Unquestionably!

We can also be sure that even if the shooters had been white, the Race-Baiters would not have spoken out on behalf of Haitians. There's no love lost between Haitians and African blacks.

Boxcar

rastajenk
03-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds more like Baghdad.

boxcar
03-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Sounds more like Baghdad.

It also sounds more like, yet, another liberal mecca.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
unless any "white hispanics" were involved you won't hear any more about it from the hustlers.Only if the police decide the shooters acted in self defense and refuse to arrest them.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 05:46 PM
There's no love lost between Haitians and African blacks.

BoxcarHow the hell would you know?

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
It took some digging to find out just who was involved. All the big liberal rags, such as the Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, Orlando Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, etc. gave no clues. In fact, only one of these papers even provided the name of the deceased for whom the funeral was being held. When I told my wife, her immediate guess was that it sounded like it could be a Haitian's name because it sounded so French. Then as I started to read other smaller publications or the the news from local TV stations, I discovered the presiding pastor's name. It, too, sounded very French. (I told my wife, we're getting very warm.)

Finally, after more digging, I found out what I wanted to know: At least the race of the victims -- and probably the six perps, as well.

The 22-year old Andre, whose funeral it was, was himself a gun shot victim -- probably a member of a gang. Apparently, other gang members showed up to "pay their respectful respects", of course and then all hell broke loose.

The first two links reveal how I found out more than what the LameStream Print Media were reporting.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/31/2-dead-12-hurt-in-mass-shooting-in-north-miami/

But the next link revealed the most:

So, the upshot is that this was probably a Haitian-on-Haitian gang crime. This explains why the big publications omitted the racial/ethnicity facts to the story. It's simply isn't politically correct to report on black-on-black crime. It's not fair to cast blacks in such a negative light. We can be dead certain that the six people in the car were not white people; for if they had been, that fact would have been reported. Unquestionably!

We can also be sure that even if the shooters had been white, the Race-Baiters would not have spoken out on behalf of Haitians. There's no love lost between Haitians and African blacks.

BoxcarI can't wait until someone better than I busts a gut laughing/crying at this stellar bit of investigative journalism...

You're an expert on Haitian gangs now? Something tells me most if not all of what you just wrote will be incorrect in some way. Maybe not the gang violence part, but most every other manufactured detail.

boxcar
03-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Only if the police decide the shooters acted in self defense and refuse to arrest them.

Oh...are you alluding to Trayvon Martin killing? Well, this bit of news is not going to make your day. The most liberal rag in my state (the Miami Herald) is running one of these polls designed to elicit visceral, emotional, emphatic responses. The poll asks if the Stand Your Ground Law should be repealed. Earlier this morning, the NO votes were only 67%. Right now it's at 71%. It would not surprise me if the Herald pulled the poll and trashed it without publishing the results in the paper. Lib rags do that when they don't get the desired results. :D

Boxcar

lsbets
03-31-2012, 05:53 PM
I can't wait until someone better than I busts a gut laughing/crying at this stellar bit of investigative journalism...

You're an expert on Haitian gangs now? Something tells me most if not all of what you just wrote will be incorrect in some way. Maybe not the gang violence part, but most every other manufactured detail.

I just got a kick out of having to investigate to find out its gang violence. Really? A drive by at a funeral was gang related. How shocking. Glad he got to the bottom of that. :lol:

boxcar
03-31-2012, 06:02 PM
I can't wait until someone better than I busts a gut laughing/crying at this stellar bit of investigative journalism...

So, tell me, with what part of my post, specifically, that you quoted did you disagree? The gang part was in one or more of the stories. So, what is your beef, other than posting a gratuitous insult?

For someone who fancies himself as being such a rational, straight-thinking, religion-free human being, how come you post so much nonsense?

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
03-31-2012, 06:06 PM

I'm starting to agree with far too many of your posts.

Jay Trotter
03-31-2012, 06:09 PM
So, tell me, with what part of my post, specifically, that you quoted did you disagree?

BoxcarOff the top of my head, probably your attitude! Ass Clown! :lol:

boxcar
03-31-2012, 06:14 PM
Off the top of my head, probably your attitude! Ass Clown! :lol:

I see your head is still stuck where LSB's was. I bet the last time you had an original thought was when your mom dropped you on your head, and you thought, "Ouch, that hurt". :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 06:15 PM
For someone who fancies himself as being such a rational, straight-thinking, religion-free human being, how come you post so much nonsense?Religion-free? Thank you for confirming your powers of observation/intuition are horse shit.

Where have I posted that I am religion-free?

You've either been drinking way too much of that coffee you post about, or you're simply plumb out of your mind...

Jay Trotter
03-31-2012, 06:16 PM
I see your head is still stuck where LSB's was. I bet the last time you had an original thought was when your mom dropped you on your head, and you thought, "Ouch, that hurt". :rolleyes:

BoxcarOne would think a Man of God would turn the other cheek! Ass Clown ~ too funny! :kiss:

boxcar
03-31-2012, 06:20 PM
I just got a kick out of having to investigate to find out its gang violence. Really? A drive by at a funeral was gang related. How shocking. Glad he got to the bottom of that. :lol:

No, LS, you're barking up the wrong tree, as usual. I investigated to find out what the race or ethnicity of the victims and criminals were, since that info was not in the original link.

It's really pathetic and sad when you guys have to lie to try to make me look bad. In the end you only hurt your own credibility.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 06:22 PM
It's really pathetic and sad when you guys have to lie to try to make me look bad.Lying? You mean like when you post that someone whom you know nothing about is "religion-free?"

That kind of lying?

Put a sock in it...hypocrite

boxcar
03-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Religion-free? Thank you for confirming your powers of observation/intuition are horse shit.

Oh...I had deduced that when you had insulted all people of all religions by stereotyping them for all having insane practices and beliefs. So, you included yourself in with such people? You, too, have some pretty far out practices and beliefs, do you? You, too, are as irrational as all the religious people you insulted?

You've either been drinking way too much of that coffee you post about, or you're simply plumb out of your mind...

I drink good coffee. Can't be that. As far as "plumb out of my mind", only when I read some of the cow pies you slap on your posts.

Now, I'm still waiting: With what part(s), specifically, of my earlier post did you disagree? What do you think, specifically, I "manufactured"?

Boxcar

boxcar
03-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Lying? You mean like when you post that someone whom you know nothing about is "religion-free?"

That kind of lying?

Put a sock in it...hypocrite

See my last post. Meanwhile, try to find out what part of my post #4 you specifically question and why.

Boxcar
P.S. BTW, you sound very hostile today. Were not the ponies good to you today?

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 06:37 PM
What do you think, specifically, I "manufactured"?

BoxcarLet's start with the "Haitian gang" theory...

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh...I had deduced that when you had insulted all people of all religions by stereotyping them for all having insane practices and beliefs. So, you included yourself in with such people? You, too, have some pretty far out practices and beliefs, do you? You, too, are as irrational as all the religious people you insulted?Your powers of deduction suck. Plain and simple.

If you don't have the ability to disengage yourself and look at things from another's perspective, as I did when I talked about strange practices (did I actually call them insane? Something tells me I didn't...but maybe I did...I'm sure you can link to it), then that's your problem.

boxcar
03-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Your powers of deduction suck. Plain and simple.

If you don't have the ability to disengage yourself and look at things from another's perspective, as I did when I talked about strange practices (did I actually call them insane? Something tells me I didn't...but maybe I did...I'm sure you can link to it), then that's your problem.

Yeah, I think you did call them insane. And...and...you included all religious BELIEFS, as well. Beliefs and practices. That's for sure because I called you out on the "practices" remark.. So, if you are now suuddenly a "religious" person, then your faith and practices are just as irrational as everyone else's in the world, right? I mean...you did include ALL religions -- which would include the First PA Church of Universal Stereotyping, right? :rolleyes: You're just as nuts as the Mormon Romney is, the chicken-sacrificing Jews, Evangelical Christians who believe in the resurrection, etc,, etc., etc.

Now what's would be very weird about that is that most people don't knowingly and consciously go around casting aspersions upon themselves when they only intended to cast them upon others. Most rational people would call such a practice -- shooting yourself in the foot. And I believe that would be insane, wouldn't it? :lol:

Boxcar

newtothegame
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Religion-free? Thank you for confirming your powers of observation/intuition are horse shit.

Mike, I know you have figured this already but, unless you march in lock step with boxcar and his every thought, your religion doesnt matter or count.

HUSKER55
03-31-2012, 09:41 PM
hey guys....I don't suppose it would do any good to point out you are entering waters that should be left alone. Your personal beliefs are.....your personal beliefs.

Let's move on. I lost my ass today. Did any of you find it running around Tampa somewhere along with my horse who stopped during the race to graze!
:D

boxcar
03-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Let's start with the "Haitian gang" theory...

Did you read any of the stories in the links I posted? :rolleyes: Hint: Try clicking on the first one, take a deep breath and read slowly.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Did you read any of the stories in the links I posted? :rolleyes: Hint: Try clicking on the first one, take a deep breath and read slowly.

BoxcarTrust me, I did read them, and it didn't help.

boxcar
03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Your powers of deduction suck. Plain and simple.

Actually, I think they're quite good. Here is what you wrote in post #10 to TJ on the "Hey Mitt...Why Can’t the Mormon Church Stop Baptizing Anne Frank?" thread.

Then all candidates should have to declare their religions as looney.

Lots of people consider religion, period, to be looney...get it?

Christians burned "wtiches" at the stake not too long ago...they "exorcise" demons to this very day...

Jews are dancing around with chickens.

Muslims cover the heads and bodies of their women...

One only needs to read the Bible or the Quran to get an eyeful of nutty material...

Again, I'm not saying this is MY opinion on these religions, BUT, if you're gonna throw stones at Mormons, then you must first look to your own house of worship...

Bill Maher and the late Christopher Hitchens laughs at YOU all.
(emphasis mine)

Note carefully, please, that in this post you clearly disavowed yourself from the opinions of the Hitchens and Mahers of the world. You said, "I'm not saying this is MY opinion on these religions...". But was this an honest statement, on your part? Well, let's examine what you wrote a little earlier in this same thread, also to TJ -- in post #6:

Your questions are pointless, as all religions have looney practices. That's MY point (and a damn good one I might add).

You're being disingenuous with your attack, IMO. (emphasis mine)

"O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive!" Yes, indeed. In post 10, you became the self-appointed spokesman for the Mahers and Hitchens of the world. You weren't expressing your own opinion. You were making a point to TJ on behalf them and their ilk. Yet, just a little earlier you clearly were making your own point -- and one that you thought was pretty darn good! In post 6, you didn't say that you were expressing the opinions of others. You clearly owned your opinion (point) outright -- MY point.

Also, in post 10, you claimed that the Hitchens and Mahers' of this world are laughing at everyone but YOU! You wrote "laughs at YOU all. Very peculiar sentiment coming from a religious person. If you, back then, thought of yourself as being so religious, why did you use the second person personal pronoun? How could you not have included yourself in that closing statement by saying -- laughs at US. It appears to me that back then you weren't so religious, were you? Certainly not religious enough to have used the correct pronoun.

And to be consistent with yourself -- to not trip over yourself in a contradiction in #6 -- you should have said to TJ that his questions were pointless in the eyes of many people because many believe all religions are looney. But that's not what you said.

Thirdly, there's another logical disconnect in your post 10. Why should all candidates have to declare their religions as being looney when you also implied that NOT all people consider religions to be looney -- only "lots of people" do! What about the "lots of people" who don't!?

Your turn.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Trust me, I did read them, and it didn't help.

Meantime, a senior police commander told CBS4 investigative reporter Jim DeFede that Andre had some connection to several South Florida gangs and some of those gang members were in attendance at his wake to pay their respects.

The commander said someone at the wake touched Andre’s body in the casket in a way that other gangs took as disrespectful. This led to an argument inside the funeral home which spilled out to the street

In all probability Andre was a Haitian. In all probability, he didn't belong to a white gang. This means, he either belonged to a Haitian gang, a Black gang (not very likely since Blacks and Haitians generally don't get along very well), -- or I suppose he could have belonged to some Hispanic gang -- a slim possibility -- but if so, the gang didn't consist of White Hispanics since the shooters were obviously teed off at someone inside the funeral for disrespecting their deceased comrade, and if they had been white that would have been reported.

Further, Haitians are very clannish, as are most of the Islanders who live in South Florida. Jamaicans tend to hang with Jamaicans, Haitians with Haitians, etc.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Fine, let me be crystal clear then.

All religions DO HAVE LOONY PRACTICES. Including my own.

Now, how exactly do you make the leap from me stating the obvious, to me being "religion-free?"

Your turn.

(oh, and emphasis MINE)

JustRalph
03-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Chrst! Another ruined thread

boxcar
03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Fine, let me be crystal clear then.

All religions DO HAVE LOONY PRACTICES. Including my own.

Now, how exactly do you make the leap from me stating the obvious, to me being "religion-free?"

Your turn.

(oh, and emphasis MINE)

"Crystal Clear" is a wee bit late to the party! Crystal Clear should have showed himself weeks ago on the "Hey Mitt" thread.

You were certainly "religion-free" in your post 10 of the "Hey Mitt..." thread because you implicitly included yourself in with the Mahers and Hitchens' of the world. You didn't say that they were laughing at all of US -- you clearly said that they laugh at YOU all.. You certainly did not include yourself as the object of their scorn, ridicule and mocking, did you? You, too, were implicitly scorning the rest of religious people -- right along with them when you excluded yourself, which you did when you failed to say "laughs at all of US".

It's very easy to say what you just did now after you've been discovered -- after you've been found out. How convenient.

Your duplicity, however, is not becoming. There is one thing worldly people like yourself will never understand: Christians who feast on the Word of God have their senses trained to discern good and evil (Heb 5:14).

Boxcar

newtothegame
03-31-2012, 11:54 PM
And they usually always revolve around the "R" word and BOX taking over.....
Hell, he even had his very own religion thread to discuss whatever....nope, not good enough!

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Hell, he even had his very own religion thread to discuss whatever....nope, not good enough!

I thought conservatives were big on the "R" word? Not always, eh?

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:07 AM
It's very easy to say what you just did now after you've been discovered -- after you've been found out. How convenient.

Your duplicity, however, is not becoming. There is one thing worldly people like yourself will never understand: Christians who feast on the Word of God have their senses trained to discern good and evil (Heb 5:14).

BoxcarSo you don't think the Muslim practice of covering a woman from head to toe is loony?

You don't think exorcism is loony?

But me thinking these practices are loony makes me evil? That's what you're saying. That's the card you're going to play?

Your turn.

newtothegame
04-01-2012, 12:08 AM
I thought conservatives were big on the "R" word? Not always, eh?

Boxcar
Conservatives I believe are, I know I have my beliefs. But, they are MY beliefs. I know I dont speak for everyone here and I don't proclaim too. But is there any threads where YOU can not RAM it down everyones throat even when un-asked for? Or is that just your way of ending threads when you want to see them ended (as in having the last word)?
I could of sworn that each thread had a title and with a little lee way, we discussed THAT topic.
So now, because people (myself as again I dont speak for everyone) want to discuss the topics at hand and not YOUR form of religion, conservatives don't always wanty religion huh? :lol:
P.S, you can respond if you like. I assure you I WILL NOT respond to your force feeding me what YOU think I need anymore. If I want that, I will go to the RELIGION thread!

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Conservatives I believe are, I know I have my beliefs. But, they are MY beliefs. I know I dont speak for everyone here and I don't proclaim too. But is there any threads where YOU can not RAM it down everyones throat even when un-asked for? Or is that just your way of ending threads when you want to see them ended (as in having the last word)?
I could of sworn that each thread had a title and with a little lee way, we discussed THAT topic.
So now, because people (myself as again I dont speak for everyone) want to discuss the topics at hand and not YOUR form of religion, conservatives don't always wanty religion huh? :lol:
P.S, you can respond if you like. I assure you I WILL NOT respond to your force feeding me what YOU think I need anymore. If I want that, I will go to the RELIGION thread!

I didn't take this thread in the direction it went. And furthermore, in this thread, I really haven't discussed my "form of religion".

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:22 AM
I didn't take this thread in the direction it went. Another lie.

Or did you not pen this?For someone who fancies himself as being such a rational, straight-thinking, religion-free human being, how come you post so much nonsense?Emphasis mine.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:28 AM
So you don't think the Muslim practice of covering a woman from head to toe is loony?

You don't think exorcism is loony?

But me thinking these practices are loony makes me evil? That's what you're saying. That's the card you're going to play?

Your turn.

We're not talking about Muslims, Jews, Mormons or any other religion. We're discussing your duplicity. All of a sudden you're a "religious" person, whereas several weeks ago on another thread....not so much. :rolleyes:

Several weeks ago, you bragged about YOUR great point, only a few posts later to tell everyone "it is NOT MY opinion..." :rolleyes:

Several weeks ago you joined forces with the Mahers and Hitchens of the world to mock, ridicule and scorn religious people, only to turn around now and tell us how religious you are.

I was born at night, PA, but it wasn't last night.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:30 AM
We're not talking about Muslims, Jews, Mormons or any other religion. We're discussing your duplicity. All of a sudden you're a "religious" person, whereas several weeks ago on another thread....not so much. :rolleyes:

Several weeks ago, you bragged about YOUR great point, only a few posts later to tell everyone "it is NOT MY opinion..." :rolleyes:

Several weeks ago you joined forces with the Mahers and Hitchens of the world to mock, ridicule and scorn religious people, only to turn around now and tell us how religious you are.

I was born at night, PA, but it wasn't last night.

BoxcarAre you really this stupid? I've been completely transparent from the get go. It is you who is twisting words to suit your rather (dare I say) evil agenda.

If you can't understand my crystal clear point, then that's your problem, not mine.

Everyone else understood perfectly well the point I was making.

And it's good to know you think many of the religious practices I cite as loony are AOK in your book.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Another lie.

Or did you not pen this?Emphasis mine.

Well, yeah....you like to fancy yourself as this intelligent, rational, straight thinking person, don't you? Yet, you do post your share of nonsense. On the "Hey Mitt" thread you put yourself in the camp of Maher and Hitchens. I didn't. You must think very highly of them to have used them as examples of rational thought. :lol:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:34 AM
On the "Hey Mitt" thread you put yourself in the camp of Maher and Hitchens. I didn't. You must think very highly of them to have used them as examples of rational thought. :lol:

BoxcarIt's amazing that you still don't get it. But it's good you sign your name to every post, even though your name appears to the left of every post in big bold letters.

We wouldn't want anyone to forget the source of all this wisdom.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Are you really this stupid? I've been completely transparent from the get go. It is you who is twisting words to suit your rather (dare I say) evil agenda.

If you can't understand my crystal clear point, then that's your problem, not mine.

Everyone else understood perfectly well the point I was making.

And it's good to know you think many of the religious practices I cite as loony are AOK in your book.

No, I don't understand contradictions. They don't compute. To the rest of the world they might compute because all men are liars.

What is crystal clear to me is that you have lost all credibility by not using the correct phrase "laughs at us", instead of what you said, which was "laughs at YOU all". Just who was Maher and Hitchens laughing at, PA?

What is also crystal clear to me is that in one of your "Hey Mitt" posts you owned YOUR point that all religions are looney. And proudly boasted of it. But soon, thereafter, you disowned it by saying this "isn't my opinion" that all religions are looney. :rolleyes:

What is crystal clear is that you speak with a forked tongue.

Boxcar

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
It's amazing that you still don't get it. But it's good you sign your name to every post, even though your name appears to the left of every post in big bold letters.

We wouldn't want anyone to forget the source of all this wisdom.

Yeah, it's a habit I developed long before PA was a gleam in my eye. You might have noticed that one of my "trademarks" are my P.S.s. So, it just stuck.

In your religion, will I go to hell for such a practice? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
No, I don't understand contradictions. They don't compute. To the rest of the world they might compute because all men are liars.

What is crystal clear to me is that you have lost all credibility by not using the correct phrase "laughs at us", instead of what you said, which was "laughs at YOU all". Just who was Maher and Hitchens laughing at, PA?

What is also crystal clear to me is that in one of your "Hey Mitt" posts you owned YOUR point that all religions are looney. And proudly boasted of it. But soon, thereafter, you disowned it by saying this "isn't my opinion" that all religions are looney. :rolleyes:

BoxcarMore lies. I did not say all religions are loony. Why must you lie? That is not very Christian of you.

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Religions have nutty rituals.

If you think that an exorcism is a ridiculous ritual with no practical use, does that mean that you are going to hell unless you ask or beg or otherwise repent for salvation for having such an opinion?

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:49 AM
More lies. I did not say all religions are loony. Why must you lie? That is not very Christian of you.

But you did say that they all have looney practices in #6 of the "Hey Mitt" thread.

And in #10, you wrote:

"Lots of people consider religion, period, to be looney...get it?" And since in that thread you excluded yourself from being the object of ridicule and scorn by the likes of Maher and Hitchens, then it's logical to think that you, too, are in the same camp as the "lots of people consider religion....to be looney... You put yourself in the that camp, I didn't. That was your imprudent choice, not mine. :lol:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:51 AM
More lies. I did not say all religions are loony. Why must you lie? That is not very Christian of you.In fact, I never said even ONE religion was loony.

I said ALL religions have loony practices. And for the most part, this is true.

Or perhaps Boxcar thinks it's fine for Muslim women to be shrouded from head to toe so that they may be hidden from sight.

He probably endorsed the burning of "witches" at the stake as well... :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 12:53 AM
But you did say that they all have looney practices in #6 of the "Hey Mitt" thread.Thank you for admitting publicly that you lied about what I had written to suit your agenda.

BlinkersOn
04-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Here is a correction on this young man's death.

Drive-By Shooting At North Miami Funeral For Morvin Andre Injures 14 Mourners, Kills 2

Posted: 03/31/2012 9:16 am Updated: 03/31/2012 6:08 pm

http://www.gstatic.com/images/icons/gplus-16.png (http://plus.google.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2F20 12%2F03%2F31%2Fdrive-by-shooting-at-funeral-miami-marvin-andre_n_1393399.html&hl=en-US)

191 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)
19 (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Drive-By%20Shooting%20At%20North%20Miami%20Funeral%20For %20Morvin%20Andre%20Injures%2014%20Mourners%2C%20K ills%202%20http%3A%2F%2Fhuff.to%2FHDrSzg%20via%20% 40HuffingtonPost&lang=en)

39 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))
959 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Get Miami Alerts: Sign Up (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

React:

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/31/drive-by-shooting-at-funeral-miami-marvin-andre_n_1393399.html#)

(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/31/drive-by-shooting-at-funeral-miami-marvin-andre_n_1393399.html#)

Marvin Andre (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/marvin-andre), Miami News (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/miami-news), Morvin Andre (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/morvin-andre), North Miami (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/north-miami), Drive-By Shooting (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/drive-by-shooting), Drive-By Shooting At Funeral (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/drive-by-shooting-at-funeral), Mass Shooting At Funeral (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/mass-shooting-at-funeral), Miami News (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miami)

Gunmen in a passing car fired into a crowd of mourners outside a Northeast Miami-Dade funeral home Friday night, injuring at least 14 people and leaving 2 dead, according to preliminary reports.

The funeral was for 22-year-old Morvin Andre, according to the Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/30/2723976/several-shot-outside-funeral-home.html), who died after jumping from the fourth floor of the Aventura Mall garage (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-suicide-at-aventura-mall-20120319,0,1354503.story) rather than be apprehended by loss prevention employees.

Officiating pastor A.D. Lenoir said services for Andre had just concluded, leaving a large crowd standing outside Funeraria Latina Emanuel on West Dixie Highway when at least one person inside a white Pontiac or Impala opened fire around 9 p.m.

The shooting was prompted by a dispute between gang members after one person touched Andre's body, upsetting a second party, according to a senior law enforcement official who spoke with CBS Miami (http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/03/31/2-dead-12-hurt-in-mass-shooting-in-north-miami/). The Herald reports Andre was not in a gang himself.

One victim died at the scene and another passed away in hospital. Among those wounded by gunfire was a 5-year-old girl who was shot in the leg.

"I grabbed her so we could go and she was screaming. I'm like 'Why are you screaming?' I thought she was scared," said mother Someta Etienne. "Then I saw the blood coming from her pants...It's crazy, they don't understand how many people they affect by doing that, shooting recklessly, aiming anywhere."

"Horror, it was horrible and it was sounds of horror," Lenoir told NBCMiami (http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Funeral-Home-Shooting-Kills-Two-People-Injures-At-Least-12-145370425.html).

This is a developing story.

CORRECTION: Witnesses initially told the Miami Herald that Morvin Andre was killed in a shooting. The paper is now reporting (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/31/2724679/gang-tiff-sparked-funeral-home.html) that Andre died after jumping from a mall parking garage while being pursued by loss prevention investigators.

BlinkersOn
04-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Sorry, I'm not very good at copy and paste. My Aunt lives in North Miami, and she is terrified of all the gangs that have sprung up there. They are mostly Hispanic and Black. I wanted to find the story she told us, because this one was misleanding. The boy was running through a parking garage after shoplifting and jumped 4 floors to get away. He died from the fall. That's it.

lsbets
04-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Hey PA, don't forget in that other thread he said that Protestants don't have any looney practices, so I brought up Charismatics and Snake Handlers and he tried to dance around what is a Protestant. He didn't fare too well when he challenged you on your absolutely correct statement.

ElKabong
04-01-2012, 01:31 AM

:1:
:1a:

boxcar
04-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Thank you for admitting publicly that you lied about what I had written to suit your agenda.

Go back and read #48. You clearly implied that all religions are loony.

And I'm still waiting for you to answer who do the Mahers and Hitchens laugh at, which is what you wrote in #10 of the "Hey Mitt" thread? Were they laughing at you, PA?

Boxcar

boxcar
04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Sorry, I'm not very good at copy and paste. My Aunt lives in North Miami, and she is terrified of all the gangs that have sprung up there. They are mostly Hispanic and Black. I wanted to find the story she told us, because this one was misleanding. The boy was running through a parking garage after shoplifting and jumped 4 floors to get away. He died from the fall. That's it.

Yeah, I hear you. And that used to be a pretty decent area at one time. When I first moved down here to Florida for good, I rented a really nice apartment in that area. The neighborhood was quite nice.

Boxcar

boxcar
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
In fact, I never said even ONE religion was loony.

I said ALL religions have loony practices. And for the most part, this is true.

Your double-mindedness is showing again. Which is it: ALL (as in the universal sense) or the more limited "for the most part". This latter phrase clearly implies you're using "all" in the limited sense. Why are you using this latter phrase to qualify "all"?

Boxcar

Jay Trotter
04-01-2012, 09:37 AM
What is crystal clear to me is that you have lost all credibility ....PA?

Boxcar
The only one who has lost all credibility is you Boxcar. You question the intelligence and credibility of the one who provides this great platform for open communication. You accuse him of being a liar! You personally ruin every single thread in Off Topics.

You are a disgrace and are actually hurting this forum. I think you need a little time out. It's just sad that someone who is supposedly on the "good side" continually leaves a trail of distruction whereever he steps. :ThmbDown:

ArlJim78
04-01-2012, 10:27 AM
imo this thread was not ruined by Boxcar. all he did was try to shed some light on this story and then he got pummeled for it.

it is odd that some media stories are all about race and others never mention it.

Boxcar was not the one that brought religion into this thread.

ArlJim78
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
The only one who has lost all credibility is you Boxcar. You question the intelligence and credibility of the one who provides this great platform for open communication. You accuse him of being a liar! You personally ruin every single thread in Off Topics.

You are a disgrace and are actually hurting this forum. I think you need a little time out. It's just sad that someone who is supposedly on the "good side" continually leaves a trail of distruction whereever he steps. :ThmbDown:
I think your consistent use of a rather rude pejorative is disgraceful and might suggest that you need a timeout.

jelly
04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
imo this thread was not ruined by Boxcar. all he did was try to shed some light on this story and then he got pummeled for it.

it is odd that some media stories are all about race and others never mention it.

Not odd,has been going on for some time.

A lot of the media is corrupt and has an agenda.Fortunately with the internet it is difficult for them to get away with it anymore.

Tom
04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Religions have nutty rituals.

LFIkeXQI8nI

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I think your consistent use of a rather rude pejorative is disgraceful and might suggest that you need a timeout.

Come on Jim, have you read Box's attempts to distort PA's views? Box should thank PA for his patience and tolerance.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Weren't you the same guy, who not too long ago, criticized me for not taking on the "boss"? And the "boss" even corrected you on that? And now you squeal like a stuck little piglet? And I guess PA is above the "R" word for what he writes, yes? If he wants he can lie and twist, distort, pervert and misrepresent what others say, but no one should dare call him out on it, right?

Boxcar

Rookies
04-01-2012, 12:53 PM

You know, am I the only one here that finds Boxie crazy AND entertaining at the same time ? :lol:

That's his shtick and raison d'etre here. In ALL arguments about all things, he feels a need to justify with his religious practices.

Sad... but incredibly, even maniacally focussed.

ArlJim78
04-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Come on Jim, have you read Box's attempts to distort PA's views? Box should thank PA for his patience and tolerance.
that's another subject between PA and Boxcar and does not justify Trotters vulgarity on this thread.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 01:00 PM

I haven't distorted anything.

In the Hey Mitt thread, PA would in all probability tell us that he wasn't part of the "many" who think religion is looney, while out of the other side of his mouth this guy, who suddenly found religion, would also likely tell us that the notable atheists Mahers and Hitchens weren't laughing at him either. But why would they not scorn and mock the religionist PA just as much as the did "at YOU all"? And just who did PA have in mind when he used this phrase? Was it not religious people like himself? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Double-minded people always want things both ways.

Boxcar

Saratoga_Mike
04-01-2012, 01:06 PM
that's another subject between PA and Boxcar and does not justify Trotters vulgarity on this thread.

Trotter didn't need to throw out the *ssclown comment, I agree.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
You know, am I the only one here that finds Boxie crazy AND entertaining at the same time ? :lol:

That's his shtick and raison d'etre here. In ALL arguments about all things, he feels a need to justify with his religious practices.

Sad... but incredibly, even maniacally focussed.

Just remember, Rooks, I'm as crazy, clever and resourceful as a fox. :)

And, no, I don't justify anything with my "religious practices" but with my faith in the word of God. Everyone, even you, looks at life and makes value judgments through the prism of their own peculiar world view. I do likewise. I look through the prism of God's revelation.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Boxcar was not the one that brought religion into this thread.I've already detailed exactly where and how he indeed brought religion into this thread.

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 02:48 PM
In the Hey Mitt thread, PA would in all probability tell us that he wasn't part of the "many" who think religion is looney, while out of the other side of his mouth this guy, who suddenly found religion, would also likely tell us that the notable atheists Mahers and Hitchens weren't laughing at him either.For the 10th time, I never said anything about ENTIRE RELIGIONS being loony. I wrote that all religions have loony practices. Either current or past or both.

This is indisputable.

What were your thoughts on burning "witches" at the stake?

What are your thoughts on exorcism?

What are your thoughts on covering women from head to toe so they can't be seen?

These are but a few of the loony practices religions either hold dear or held dear.

Which do you endorse?

Stating this does not make me "religion-free" or anti-religion. I am not an atheist, so obviously, Hitchens and company were laughing at me too.

Sorry for my mistaken choice of pronoun. And why do you continue to warp what I wrote?

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
imo this thread was not ruined by Boxcar. all he did was try to shed some light on this story and then he got pummeled for it.He didn't shed any light. He theorized as if he were some expert on Haitian gangs and gang violence, which is patently ridiculous.

newtothegame
04-01-2012, 03:37 PM

If not mistaken, post 12 in this thread ( yep boxcar) was the first to mention religion and an attack on PA.......

pktruckdriver
04-01-2012, 03:39 PM

And I did not ruin this one...:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Patrick

PS: These new meds are awesome, just saying

NJ Stinks
04-01-2012, 04:08 PM

Damn if I didn't learn something when I googled "pejorative" today. :ThmbUp:

As for the ever persistent Boxcar and his picking on PA, it's kind of like going after a landlord who is letting you live under his roof rent-free.

Lucky for Boxcar and the rest of us that PA is no ordinary landlord. :cool:

(See, John. I don't just pat lefties on the back! :p )

boxcar
04-01-2012, 04:44 PM
If not mistaken, post 12 in this thread ( yep boxcar) was the first to mention religion and an attack on PA.......

But I didn't mention my religion, did I?

Boxcar

boxcar
04-01-2012, 04:56 PM
For the 10th time, I never said anything about ENTIRE RELIGIONS being loony. I wrote that all religions have loony practices. Either current or past or both.

This is indisputable.

Actually, it's very disputable. If it's so indisputable in your mind, then answer the question I posed in #55 and also address post #67. Why do you refuse to address this issue head-on?

And by the way, you also said all religions have looney beliefs. You do remember that, right? You even provided us with two examples of "looney beliefs" from the Christian faith, i.e the divinity of Christ and his resurrection. You do remember that, right?

Also, just as a side-splitting aside, would you care to share a few of your looney religious practices with everyone, since you have claimed in this thread that you have fell victim to those, too? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
And by the way, you also said all religions have looney beliefs. You do remember that, right? You even provided us with two examples of "looney beliefs" from the Christian faith, i.e the divinity of Christ and his resurrection. You do remember that, right?Once again, you aren't being truthful. You're just like a left-leaning liberal news outlet... :lol:

I was writing about atheists:Many out there think the entire concept of religion, in any form, is loony. The belief that Christ arose from the dead...was the Son of God...you name it...they're called athiests...I could go on...Are you so intellectually devoid that you can't possibly discuss issues as seen from other perspectives, such as atheists, without believing the one conducting such a discussion is himself an atheist?

If that's the case, I choose not to interact any further with your stunted intellect.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Once again, you aren't being truthful. You're just like a left-leaning liberal news outlet... :lol:

I was writing about atheists:Are you so intellectually devoid that you can't possibly discuss issues as seen from other perspectives, such as atheists, without believing the one conducting such a discussion is himself an atheist?

Actually, I think I'm pretty astute. You claim you were only writing from the perspective of atheists but then you unwittingly put yourself right in their camp, at the end of post #10 in the "Hey Mitt" thread, when you talked about how those atheists laugh mockingly at all religious people (apparently) BUT NOT YOU -- not religious PA. :rolleyes: You somehow escaped their scorn by saying they laugh "at YOU all" Care to explain that? Why did you distance yourself from all other religious people, if you are so religious? How can you say you're religious in one breath, but at the end of post #10 conveniently extricate yourself from the scorn of the very atheists you cite?
What made you so worthy to escape their scoffing and ridicule?

If that's the case, I choose not to interact any further with your stunted intellect.

If my intellect is stunted, God only knows what that makes yours. For someone who claims he so transparent, you refuse to address the issue directly.

Boxcar
P.S. Don't tell me you're too shy to share some of your looney own religious practices? You're very quick to scoff at others' but not so quick or forthcoming to share your own?

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Read reply #71 again...it sounds like you missed it.

boxcar
04-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Read reply #71 again...it sounds like you missed it.

It doesn't address my #79. And I"m the one "intellectually devoid"? :rolleyes:
Why didn't you want to identify with other religious people when you said that the atheists were laughing at them -- but not you in post #10 of the "Hey Mitt" thread? You can't see the disconnect in the thread? At the end of the post YOU put YOURSELF in the atheists' camp by refusing to identify with other religious people.

And trust me: That's only part of the problem with your post #10 when considered in the context of the first 9 posts of that thread. You didn't compose that post in a vacuum, you know? :lol: :lol:

Boxcar
P.S. And are you not going to share openly with us what some of your looney religious beliefs and practices are? C'mon, you don't have to be shy. Your amongst friends here, aren't you?

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I've addressed everything necessary to correct your mistakes.

And I'm not taking your bait, as I've already put out examples of loony religious practices...some of them from my own faith. I'll leave you guessing what faith that might be...

newtothegame
04-01-2012, 08:05 PM
]I've addressed everything necessary to correct your mistakes.[/b]

And I'm not taking your bait, as I've already put out examples of loony religious practices...some of them from my own faith. I'll leave you guessing what faith that might be...
I truly am amazed you went as far as you have. You have shown a TON of patience...as usual. Better then I am !!

boxcar
04-01-2012, 09:33 PM
I truly am amazed you went as far as you have. You have shown a TON of patience...as usual. Better then I am !!

He's also shown a ton or more of Identity Crisis. I do believe we have our very own reincarnation of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Now you see one side of him, now you don't. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Rookies
04-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Just remember, Rooks, I'm as crazy, clever and resourceful as a fox. :)

And, no, I don't justify anything with my "religious practices" but with my faith in the word of God. Everyone, even you, looks at life and makes value judgments through the prism of their own peculiar world view. I do likewise. I look through the prism of God's revelation.

Boxcar

Ok then... short Pop quiz for ya.

What is my erstwhile Religion?

I've given enough background hints about meeself...

boxcar
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Ok then... short Pop quiz for ya.

What is my erstwhile Religion?

I've given enough background hints about meeself...

Absolutely. This is easy: Ho'oponopono :lol:

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2012, 10:09 PM
He's also shown a ton or more of Identity Crisis. I do believe we have our very own reincarnation of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Now you see one side of him, now you don't. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Do you go to hell if you die thinking that exorcisms are just plain daffy?

bigmack
04-01-2012, 10:22 PM
For the buck and a half (For those of you who know slang am I correct in using that for 1.5 years?) I spent snatching people from cults, (NOT, kidnapping. I worked in conjunction with the fam)
I met some that I knew would never snap out of it.

I hold out hope for Boxie. I encourage our continued knock on his door.

He can't stay in there foreva.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif

newtothegame
04-01-2012, 10:31 PM
For the buck and a half (For those of you who know slang am I correct in using that for 1.5 years?) I spent snatching people from cults, (NOT, kidnapping. I worked in conjunction with the fam)
I met some that I knew would never snap out of it.

I hold out hope for Boxie. I encourage our continued knock on his door.

He can't stay in there foreva.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tumblr_lb01o6tn481qe0eclo1_r8_500.gif
"come out come out whereva you are"
ok, now my stomache is hurting after the cinnamin video and NOW this picture...lol

boxcar
04-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Do you go to hell if you die thinking that exorcisms are just plain daffy?

What does your question have to do with PA's obvious duplicity, which is the real issue and not any religious practices per se? Wanna connect those dots for me? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
What does your question have to do with PA's obvious duplicity, which is the real issue and not any religious practices per se? Wanna connect those dots for me? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

I'm trying to do something that you aren't allowing PA to do - that is, to understand what your beliefs are and why you may feel the way that you do.

If you do not believe in the practice of exorcism, are you not entitled to a trip to heaven? Does that make someone a "non-believer" and thus condemned to hell?

I'm having difficulty, hard as I try, to understand why PA's perfectly reasonable critique of certain religious practices has you pegging him as duplicitous as though it is unreasonable to share that belief with an atheist and not be an atheist at all.

boxcar
04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm trying to do something that you aren't allowing PA to do - that is, to understand what your beliefs are and why you may feel the way that you do.

First of all, for the 99th time, my earlier remarks to PA about him being "religion-free" had nothing to do with his take on religious practices per se. The question I raise is about what I perceive to be his disingenuous claim to being "religious".

Having said the above, PA is concealing his own beliefs. I want him to come clean and clear up the contradiction between what he claims to suddenly be ("religious") and the fact that prior to that revelation he refused to identify with religious people in post #10 of the "Hey Mitt" thread. He refuses to say how or why he could escape the scorn and derision of atheists like Maher and Hitchens. There's a huge disconnect there. He excluded himself in the phrase "at YOU all". Therefore, your question about what I personally believe is irrelevant. However, you can Google, if you so choose, the Reformed Traditions of the Christian Faith to get a pretty good handle on what it is that I believe. Or for that matter, you can also look up the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689, with which I'm in agreement more than any other Confession.

Boxcar

hcap
04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Therefore, your question about what I personally believe is irrelevant. However, you can Google, if you so choose, the Reformed Traditions of the Christian Faith to get a pretty good handle on what it is that I believe. Or for that matter, you can also look up the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689, with which I'm in agreement more than any other Confession.1689? Figures.

boxcar
04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
1689? Figures.

Eternal Truths have no shelf life to them or expiration dates, chief. Figures you wouldn't understand that. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
04-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Sort of like the Earth is 6,000 years old and man played fetch with their pet dinosaurs? Does that also mean the Inquisition which lasted a few hundred years, considering ALL the European countries that participated, had some form of truth?

1689 was a good year for burning heretics

On this date in 1689, German poet and mystic Quirinus Kuhlmann was roasted in Moscow for heresy.

http://www.executedtoday.com/images/Quirinus_Kuhlmann_small.jpg

I believe the religious practice of barbecuing poets would qualify as one mentioned by PA.

boxcar
04-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Sort of like the Earth is 6,000 years old and man played fetch with their pet dinosaurs? Does that also mean the Inquisition which lasted a few hundred years, considering ALL the European countries that participated, had some form of truth?

1689 was a good year for burning heretics

On this date in 1689, German poet and mystic Quirinus Kuhlmann was roasted in Moscow for heresy.

I believe the religious practice of barbecuing poets would qualify as one mentioned by PA.

Too bad none of the above are sanctioned in the bible; but those acts do speak pointedly to the sinfulness of man -- a truth that is often stated in the bible.

Boxcar

newtothegame
04-03-2012, 01:02 AM
First of all, for the 99th time, my earlier remarks to PA about him being "religion-free" had nothing to do with his take on religious practices per se. The question I raise is about what I perceive to be his disingenuous claim to being "religious".

Having said the above, PA is concealing his own beliefs. I want him to come clean and clear up the contradiction between what he claims to suddenly be ("religious") and the fact that prior to that revelation he refused to identify with religious people in post #10 of the "Hey Mitt" thread. He refuses to say how or why he could escape the scorn and derision of atheists like Maher and Hitchens. There's a huge disconnect there. He excluded himself in the phrase "at YOU all". Therefore, your question about what I personally believe is irrelevant. However, you can Google, if you so choose, the Reformed Traditions of the Christian Faith to get a pretty good handle on what it is that I believe. Or for that matter, you can also look up the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689, with which I'm in agreement more than any other Confession.

Boxcar
No one need look any further then the part I have bolded. I have said for some time, BOX continues to judge people based on HIS perceptions.
And here I thought there was only one who could judge another....:bang:
Box will sparse whatever word he can to turn the world in HIS ear so he can preach to us all......need proof...just look at how he takes one word and attempts to paint mike as NON religious. As if BOX would know about Mike's personal life...lol