PDA

View Full Version : TVG, Xpressbet or Twin Spires.

redshift1
03-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Currently using TVG, how does Xpressbet and Twin Spires compare? Thinking of taking advantage of their sign up bonuses.

Mostly concerned about slowdowns on heavy volume days like the KD and BC. I make my bet's at post-time and don't want any problems with slowdowns.

ldiatone
03-30-2012, 04:36 PM
xpressbet has slow downs,very slow, on KD day. not too bad the rest of the big days. free PP's IF you wager $2 bet for that track. the videos are pretty good 2 screens ..replays are free. a bit slow w/ changes and scratches. i think they have a nice tourney when Delmar and SAR. called "dime a day"
i have been using it for "forever". they also offer a "pro" view but one has to call. i think it has a charge also
obtw i can go to a OTB or the Meadows and collect winnings if i want.

Greybase
03-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Mostly concerned about slowdowns on heavy volume days like the KD and BC. I make my bet's at post-time and don't want any problems with slowdowns. For telephone betting? Just a little inside info: having worked Mutuels in Oregon for many years, I can say while all these companies are good, Twinspires call center has some ADW relationships the others don't.. Twinspires large facility will be staffed to the MAX on Derby day.

That being said.. please.. WAGER EARLY! Just a tip. Phone calls are taken in order. Add to this on Derby day, lots of newbies. 1st timers. People who don't know how to bet. Folks who have no clue WHAT to bet. People with lots of questions. Guys at the bar on cell phones. Et cetera.

Twinspires also offers some nice perks, for example free BRIS PPs. Again I can't stress enough. If you're telephone betting the KD or BC... Wager Early!!! :bang:

Beachbabe
03-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Doesn't TVG charge a fee ???? That is an abomination.

I know Twinspires doesn't. Twinspires runs lots of cheap handicapping contests; Brisnet pp's are free for any track you bet; you can hook up your acc't with your bank checking acc't and transfer funds into or out of your acc't with the press of a button.

redshift1
03-30-2012, 09:54 PM
TVG charges 25 cents per wagering transaction unless you bet over $2500.

TVG provides a stable betting platform, almost without slow downs even on busy day's which is why I use them but I'll probably try Xpressbet for the $100.00 signup bonus (some restrictions) and see how it works out.

duncan04
03-31-2012, 12:52 AM

TVG provides a stable betting platform, almost without slow downs even on busy day's which is why I use them but I'll probably try Xpressbet for the $100.00 signup bonus (some restrictions) and see how it works out.

The .25 wagering fee is ridiculous. Nice to see someone out there making noise about it. Lol the quarter hog. I use Twinspires and have never had a problem.

olddaddy
03-31-2012, 02:07 AM

Till Im dirt I will never understand why anyone would bet with TVG now. How they can charge a quarter a bet while xpressbet and twinspires dont amazes me. Plus they dont give free pps or anything. I guess W.C. Fields was right, there must be one born every minute.

Robert Goren
03-31-2012, 03:09 AM
If you bet more than a couple hundred a month, there are way better adw than any of those three. TVG with a quarter a bet fee is really bad when you consider that there are places that give you rebates on your wager. If you are a small bettor like me the free PPs at Twinspires are nice.

Alc
03-31-2012, 07:10 AM
TVG? Just on principle, why would anyone pay an additional fee to make a wager?

mannyberrios
03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Till Im dirt I will never understand why anyone would bet with TVG now. How they can charge a quarter a bet while xpressbet and twinspires dont amazes me. Plus they dont give free pps or anything. I guess W.C. Fields was right, there must be one born every minute.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was great

duncan04
03-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Nothing worse than trying to bet a .10 super and being charged .35!! :D :rolleyes:

lamboguy
03-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Nothing worse than trying to bet a .10 super and being charged .35!! :D :rolleyes:
now that i think of it, i couldn't think of to many things worse either

jfowler
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Keeneland Select is worth checking out as well. Free BRIS PPs as well, $50 after you wager $5,000. And there are some incentives if you go to the track.

BetPTC
04-04-2012, 01:19 PM

* $100 Signup bonus when you wager $250 or more
* 8% Cash back on ALL KEENELAND EXOTICS wagers this weekend, starting Friday. Let's just say that is up to 8% more than you will get at some of the "big name" ADWs.
* FREE Keeneland Winning Trainer Patterns - 2012 Spring Meet Edition, a $9.95 value (learn more at www.agameofskill.com)
* FREE high quality streaming video
* Superior customer service
* Cash back on EVERY WAGER you make.
* Phone and online wagering on over 100 Thoroughbred, Harness and Greyhound tracks. No fees.

We've handled over $100 million safely and securely since 2007. Customers are not just a number to us. They are real people and we treat them as such. We would appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your wagering business.

Thank you,

iceknight
04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Currently using TVG, how does Xpressbet and Twin Spires compare? Thinking of taking advantage of their sign up bonuses.

Mostly concerned about slowdowns on heavy volume days like the KD and BC. I make my bet's at post-time and don't want any problems with slowdowns.

Xpressbet is pretty good for video streams (two simulataneous) and fairly good wagering system, very easy to read and clear to follow onscreen.

They do have a $125 (100+25 if you use direct deposit from checking acct), so it is worth taking up.
Xpressbet is very precise about following all state restrictions etc, so if you are in Pennsyvania, you have to bet minimum $2 on any single transcation (ie $1 each on two horses or dime supers boxing to over $2 etc only allowed, you cant do individual .10 bets like in some other ADWs),

on KDerby day/Preakness/Belmont days, place BULK of your bets earlier in the day, they do open up fairly early.

Your best bet (pun) may be with Idabet though, they have almost $300 promos if you play it right (google idabet promotions). Idabet does not have NY tracks streaming so that is a slight problem. They also give you daily rebates, just like BETPTC..

BETPTC is another really good ADW with rebates even for small scale bettors. They dont have Aqueduct (or NY tracks) wagering or NY tracks videos I think.

Also on KDerby day, the main races are covered exclusively on TV, so most ADWs do not stream the featured races - you would have to switch to TV or find another source on internet. This was the case last year.

Good luck!

mishka
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
I have only used Twinspires, but here is what I like about them:

--Free Brisnet PPS if you bet the race.

--You also get free for any race played Brisnet's Expert Picks & Power Play angles.

--Also get Brisnet Profit Line the day of a race for each race. Profit Line gives an odds line for the top 5 horses. Great tool for me!!. It is nicely intergrated in their classical betting version with M/L odds and current odds.

--Not too long ago they added another "interface" for handicapping called Twinspires Express. It is almost overwhelming. What I like is the "Activity Logs" for horse, trainer, and jockey. The log for horses includes in table every record of the horse from workout to race in a nice easy to see list. The listing for jockeys goes into alotta of detail about their performances under many and various conditions. I stick mostly to their classic interface as that is the one that has the Profit Line odds line. But I will go into Express to check out records of jockeys and trainers.

--Betting interface easy to use for me.

--I like reports on day's activity they give you what you bet and how much you made after bet.

--on the results summary page, you get a link to the detailed summary of race and a link to video repeating the race.

--Just recently, TwinSpires TV has been slow, but they can downshift you to a less resolution stream. On Breeders Cup day last year, performance was good for me.

--free repeats of any race.

--you can download "non-free" Brisnet reports from inside Twinspires and the charged is transferred over to your Brisnet account. Don't have to separately go to Brisnet to download anything.

--good quick feedback. I complained about a bug in their classic interface. When horses are coupled, and one scratches, both are listed as scratched.
They responded within the hour. Not fixed yet, but response was quick.

--And yes, no fees. :) Back in the day, I learned my lesson on the word overlay and fees when I went to an OTB and put down a bet to win. The fee was 10% of bet. I won $2.10 and ended up losing 10 cents.

cecil127
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
i signed up for xpressbet and have a question for those that use the xpressfund method to deposit funds directly from their checking accts. does your bank charge you any kind of fees on your end?
im thinking this is a sweet deal for the $25 bonus offered but it might just come back in fees from my bank. any feedback on your experiences with xpressfund would be greatly appreciated.

Alc
04-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Fifth Third Bank. NO fees!!!!!!

redshift1
04-15-2012, 02:27 PM
i signed up for xpressbet and have a question for those that use the xpressfund method to deposit funds directly from their checking accts. does your bank charge you any kind of fees on your end?
im thinking this is a sweet deal for the $25 bonus offered but it might just come back in fees from my bank. any feedback on your experiences with xpressfund would be greatly appreciated.

Signed up last week for Xpressfund.

How Its gone so far:

Wagered on Keeneland yesterday and my account was credited with the additional $125.00 today. I now have 30 days to wager the promotional funds.

No banks fees from BofA.

Depositing funds into your Xpressfund takes only a few seconds but withdrawing funds can take from 4-7 days depending on the date of your deposit. Interesting because all of the funds in my account are available for wagering today yet any withdrawals are blocked until my original deposit clears the bank. So you cannot access your winnings immediately except for wagering. Once your original deposit clears the bank It's takes one to two days before withdrawals appear in your bank account.

So far so good.

Horseplayersbet.com
04-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I think you were thinking of P.T. Barnum. But there is a good chance, he didn't originate the phrase either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_a_sucker_born_every_minute

olddaddy
04-15-2012, 09:55 PM
I think you were thinking of P.T. Barnum. But there is a good chance, he didn't originate the phrase either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There%27s_a_sucker_born_every_minute

I didnt know that since W.C. Fields must have borrowed that line and used it in the movie You Can’t Cheat an Honest Man.

netbet
04-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Well,
I have an account with xpressbet but am really contemplating cancelling the account now that the West Mifflin, PA OTB has closed. This was the closest OTB to me and allowed me to deposit/withdrawal $$.

ldiatone
04-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Well,
I have an account with xpressbet but am really contemplating cancelling the account now that the West Mifflin, PA OTB has closed. This was the closest OTB to me and allowed me to deposit/withdrawal $$.
Net, When did the west mifflin otb close? never heard any thing. use to hang out there when my mother lived in brentwood. whats closer for you..Meadows in washington or the moon township otb? that one and harmar are still open. i go to harmar or the meadows to collect.

ldiatone
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
one more -point about xpressbet bet. the site doesn't support all the tracks.
eg.TUP. Cannot place a wager on line or view races. maybe by phone but a .25 phone charge does apply,unless thats been change. havent used the phone forever

ldiatone
04-16-2012, 05:59 PM
one more -point about xpressbet bet. the site doesn't support all the tracks.
eg.TUP. Cannot place a wager on line or view races. maybe by phone but a .25 phone charge does apply,unless thats been change. havent used the phone forever
also IND. can't even call

netbet
04-17-2012, 09:02 AM
The WM OTB closed April 1st after the building lease expired.
The WM OTB was the closest but now the Meadows in Washington is probably the easiest to get to but is about 26 miles away
Harmar is nice and I spent many an afternoon there back when I worked in the Waterworks area but now I hate fighting RT 28 traffic.

I'll most likely be spending Derby Day at the Meadows racetrack or may even head to Mountaineer and stay for the evening races.

Net, When did the west mifflin otb close? never heard any thing. use to hang out there when my mother lived in brentwood. whats closer for you..Meadows in washington or the moon township otb? that one and harmar are still open. i go to harmar or the meadows to collect.

ldiatone
04-17-2012, 02:49 PM
The WM OTB closed April 1st after the building lease expired.
The WM OTB was the closest but now the Meadows in Washington is probably the easiest to get to but is about 26 miles away
Harmar is nice and I spent many an afternoon there back when I worked in the Waterworks area but now I hate fighting RT 28 traffic.

I'll most likely be spending Derby Day at the Meadows racetrack or may even head to Mountaineer and stay for the evening races.

net i might also head out to the meadows derby day. the wife will play upstairs and i'll hang out right behind the small viewing tvs. the long bar has plugs for my computer. if its anything like whelling downs was on breeders cup day then the place will be packed :eek:

GatetoWire
04-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Just an FYI your issues with Xpressbet are due to State laws in PA.

This is from the Xpressbet site

Limited to Thoroughbred or Harness Meets only. Not available: Ajax Downs, Albuquerque, Arapahoe, Assiniboia, Baden-Baden, Berlin-Hoppengarten, Bremen, California Racing Fairs, Canterbury, Delta Downs, Dortmund, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Fair Meadows, Fairmount, Fairplex, Frankfurt, Halle, Hannover, Hialeah Park, Hoosier, Indiana Downs, Koln, Leipzig, Louisiana Downs, Los Alamitos, Magdeburg, Mannheim, Munchen-Reim, Neuss, Northlands Park, Portland Meadows, Remington Park, Retama Park, Ruidoso Downs, Sam Houston, Saarbrücken, Sunland Park, Sunray Park, Turf Paradise, Will Rogers Downs or Zia Park, Zweibrücken.

Please Note: Residents located within 35 miles of Philadelphia Park, Penn National, Pocono Downs, Harrahs Chester Downs, or Presque Isle Downs are prohibited from opening Xpressbet accounts.

IdaBet.com
04-20-2012, 03:06 PM
You may not realize that their are scores of legal, USA based ADW's and one of the charms is our Idabet.com. We let our players speak for themselves and their continued support has caused our rapid growth. Personalized service, no fees, daily rewards, state of the art multi-video betting menu are some of the reasons. Here are a few more to try Idabet.com:

Owned and operated by horsemen in Idaho, dedicated to the expansion of live racing. Named Idaho Horsemen of the Year!
$300.00 New Player Bonus
Instant Daily Cash Rewards...paid the next morning. No minimums, no fees, no points....Just among the best cash back in the biz!
Personalized service with the owners...As a smaller company, we work with our players day in and day out and you have an open door to talk to us at anytime.
State of the art Menu featuring one screen with up to 4 live track videos, full betting menu and program all on one easy to read page
No fees...No sign ups...no monthly...and no per wager fees
Free Deposits...Most all deposit fees are credited to your account daily
Extra Promotions...This weekend an extra 2% back from 3 selected tracks
Free Video Replays
Live streaming from smaller tracks
No doubt about it, in this game, smaller is better where the player is king.
www.Idabet.com (http://www.Idabet.com).

olddaddy
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
IdaBet, I would give you a shot to have my account but I guess you cant take Illinoisans.

duncan04
04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Idabet, I guess you don't have any CDI tracks?

Zydeco
04-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I called and they can't take Virginia residents.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Are there any US-based ADWs out there who can accept EVERYONE?

Almost any time one of our ADW sponsors posts a reply/thread promoting themselves, inevitably and immediately there are responses from folks who point out that they can't join because of where they live.

Here's a newsflash...that's the case with most if not all ADWs...somebody lives somewhere where they can't legally join...

ElKabong
04-22-2012, 01:04 AM
PA,

For us in TX, it's inexplicable tho. The law reads the same for all ADWs, yet some have decided to stop taking bets while others have stayed and take TX resident's bets....Makes no sense.

Wwhat could add to the frustration, for some, is that those ADWs that offer rebates might not take bets in a state, while the ones that don't offer rebates, remain & take bets.....

Capper Al
04-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Xpressbet screens messed me up. I go more by horse program number than horse name. Last week Xpressbet brought up the wrong tote for the race I was watching. I couldn't believe my eyes when my horses were going off at 70/1 and 30/1 etc. I bet big. Fortunately, my horses which were favorites came in and I recouped a portion of my wager. I'm scared to use my Xpressbet account now.

ManU918
04-25-2012, 08:03 PM
I just scanned through this whole thread and didn't see anything about payouts... How are these sites in terms of paying out?

ldiatone
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM
I just scanned through this whole thread and didn't see anything about payouts... How are these sites in terms of paying out?
xpressbet pays soon after its offical in you account. i don't know how they send people their winnings or money if no otb or the Meadows is near. i can collect w/ a short drive.

redshift1
04-26-2012, 02:50 AM

If you have Xpressfund it pays directly into your checking account which takes about two days. The wait is longer if your account is newly established, about a week or so.

It really depends on how you set up your account.

duncan04
04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
If you have Xpressfund it pays directly into your checking account which takes about two days. The wait is longer if your account is newly established, about a week or so.

It really depends on how you set up your account.

The same with Twinspires

ManU918
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
The same with Twinspires

Are you referring to EZmoney on Twinspires?

BettinBilly
04-24-2014, 04:29 PM
Thought I'd BUMP this thread as there may be new players that are contemplating an ADW.

I use all three. TwinSpires, Xpressbet and TVG. All three are offering sign up bonuses as of today.

TVG has dropped their per bet fee, and has added free TimeformUS if you wager on the track that you pull the PP's for. Do not get the Timeform Unlimited pass because there is no rebate on that. Just order the tracks you are going to play. TVG has a stable Platform, decent video and good customer service for the most part.

TwinSpires has free Bris PP's if you wager on the track the PP is ordered for. Their interface is very slick, and you have the option of choosing three different betting interfaces to suit your taste. TwinSpires "TV" platform is probably the easiest to use and the video is very good. Customer Service has not been too bad. A few bumps in the road, but nothing horrible.

XpressBet has free $1 DRF Track Program and Equibase PP's if you wager on the track you order the PP's for. Their interface is simple and easy to use. Their Customer Service isn't too bad. I had to Fax them a copy of my Drivers License to prove I lived where I stated I lived on my application in order to complete my sign up.

I did a separate thread on using these three for MOBILE wagering on a Tablet or SmartPhone with some definite advantages in each. For a PC or Laptop, I could use any of the above and not have any real issues. YMMV.

bull_zeye
05-08-2014, 09:26 PM

* 8% Cash back on ALL KEENELAND EXOTICS wagers this weekend, starting Friday. Let's just say that is up to 8% more than you will get at some of the "big name" ADWs.
* FREE Keeneland Winning Trainer Patterns - 2012 Spring Meet Edition, a $9.95 value (learn more at www.agameofskill.com)
* Phone and online wagering on over 100 Thoroughbred, Harness and Greyhound tracks. No fees.

We've handled over $100 million safely and securely since 2007. Customers are not just a number to us. They are real people and we treat them as such. We would appreciate you giving us the opportunity to earn your wagering business.

Thank you,

Just funded my BetTPC account I set up a few days prior to the KY Derby. Their ACH Pin Pocket money transfers are a bit clunky and slow but looking forward to using Premiere Turf Club. So far the free slow funding ACH is my only complaint.

Interface looks good, they have some free handicapping material, betting pad looks sweet and there is some customizable views for what you want.

Live video apparently seems to require a minimum betting level. What is that level ? Details on this policy would be helpful.

Is the above offer still in place BetTPC ? Does the $250 begin on the day the account was created or funded ?

Anyways, looking forward to making my first wagers this weekend and seeing what BetTPC delivers.

ldiatone
05-09-2014, 05:20 PM
xpressbet pays soon after its offical in you account. i don't know how they send people their winnings or money if no otb or the Meadows is near. i can collect w/ a short drive.
obtw i can transfer back any winnings into my "fund" account

ultracapper
05-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Used TVG for years and just signed up for DRF for the free PPs. I'm disappointed with the lack of flow on DRFs betting platform. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, and there is no way I'm going to learn to navigate it nearly as efficiently as I do TVGs. I can get a bet down on TVG in a quarter of the time I can get one down on DRF, and I don't see a lot of opportunity to streamline the DRF bet process beyond what I've done.

BettinBilly
05-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey, UC, I hear you. DRF Bets is powered by XpressBet, and unless DRF has programmed changes in the User Interface, I'm much happier with TVG than I am with XpressBet. I can live with XpressBet, but prefer TVG. And now that TVG does free TimeformUS PP's, I'm a happy player.

If a bettor really wanted a simple interface, IMO, TwinSpires "TV" mode is the easiest of anything out there. Customizable User Interfaces are not an option there, but the object is not customization, it's simplicity of use.

Well, they all have pluses and minuses. You just have to find out what works for you. As I said, I could live with any platform if I had to.

TheEdge07
06-09-2014, 01:29 PM

* FREE Keeneland Winning Trainer Patterns - 2012 Spring Meet Edition, a $9.95 value (learn more at www.agameofskill.com (http://www.agameofskill.com/))

Thank you,

They have added NYRA to there list of tracks.

horses4courses
06-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Are you referring to EZmoney on Twinspires?

Yes.
Same for TVG and Xpressbet, too.
I've used it for years - works well.

netbet
06-10-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm very sorry to see that my BETPTC account was disabled. Stupid PA betting laws.

I would still highly recommend BETPTC if you can wager with them.

Patrick

Al Gobbi
06-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Going to bump this up to give a review of the big three since I have used all of them.

Twinspires: Probably has the best interface of the three for odds, scratches and pool data. Also odds are posted "as is" meaning that a horse that is 74-1 is listed at 74-1. Also TwinspiresTV is pretty good, though TVG has a slight edge in the streaming department. The mobile site is pretty good too and one would expect an iphone app coming soon. One thing when I was using TS was that you couldn’t wait until the last second to bet on a race, they seem to close ‘em a few seconds before TVG/Xpressbet do.

Twinspires Express seems to also get the first late scratches from the California tracks, even before they make it onto the Equibase change sheets. They also display all the exotic pool amounts for all wagers offered at tracks. For Windows users, the video boxed don’t enable to go full screen in express, but they did in Ubuntu.

TVG: To me it is the best wagering platform for placing bets and video streaming with the ability to pick any track’s audio out of the double or quad box. If you are interested they offer the on-air talent tickets for pick 4 and pick 6 wagers. Haven’t tried the new app (Android user) so I can't comment on that. Minor issues are that the final odds don’t refresh until a minute after the race goes off and the lack of racing data on the wagering side.

XpressBet: It is decent, but lacks a lot compared to the other two. No multiple video streams on a single page and got to click around for many things such as changes, scratches. Also, all handicapping data only available the day prior. Mobile site is OK, but video seems to freeze many times and the exacta/double grids require you to scroll up and down.

I stopped using TwinSpires last fall, and quit Xpressbet last week so just have TVG right now. However, I am considering going back to TwinSpires soon, probably just before Saratoga and Del Mar start running. The others around (ie: BetAmerica) don’t seem to cut it.

If anyone wants to add comments, they are appreciated.

BettinBilly
06-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Everyone has their preferences, but I agree that for me, TVG is the best "all around" ADW. Reliable, fast, and free TimeFormUS.

TwinSpires has three betting platforms, and for the novice, their TwinSpires-TV betting platform is so easy, it's ridiculous.

XpressBet has some neat customizations you can choose in the set-up menu and overall is an easy platform to use.

Going mobile with these services is a different animal altogether. I posted this separately in another thread.

TwinSpires is the clear winner for SmartPhone/Tablet. TVG is runner up, and XpressBet is way behind. XpressBet has annoying and confusing pop-up menus that just don't work well on a mobile device. However, if you happen to sport a classic BlackBerry phone, then the only way to go is XpressBet because they are the only ADW that has a BlackBerry App. BlackBerry classic screens are too small to use mobile websites for betting, so without an App, you are stuck. Only XpressBet supports BlackBerry. For iPhone, Android/KindleFirePhone or WindowsPhone, TwinSpires is outstanding, and TVG is not too bad. You just go tot heir websites for mobile wagering and you are off and running.