PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Rainbow 6 Mandatory Payout

Vinman
03-30-2012, 11:20 AM
I just confirmed with the Gulfstream mutuels dept. that if the Rainbow 6 carryover lasts until next weekend, the mandatory payout day will be on Sat, 4/7 and not their actual closing day, 4/8. As was the case last year, this will avoid a conflict with Easter Sunday, when NYRA is closed. They obviously want NYRA players to be involved.

Last year the final day Rainbow 6 pool on 4/23 was 5.1MM, including the prior day's carryover of $1,421,545, with a 27 day runup from the last pool takedown on 2/16/11. With a current carryover kitty of $506,567 going into today from the last hit on 2/26, the final day's pool figures to be in the 3MM range.

Again, only AMTOTE and UNITED TOTE operations take this bet, which means no Jersey and no Philly. Aside from NYRA, Chester (PA) takes it, as does Twin Spires, Capital OTB in the east.

Now with that said, let's cross our fingers that no one hits it before 4/7 :jump:

Vinman

lamboguy
03-30-2012, 11:59 AM
I just confirmed with the Gulfstream mutuels dept. that if the Rainbow 6 carryover lasts until next weekend, the mandatory payout day will be on Sat, 4/7 and not their actual closing day, 4/8. As was the case last year, this will avoid a conflict with Easter Sunday, when NYRA is closed. They obviously want NYRA players to be involved.

Last year the final day Rainbow 6 pool on 4/23 was 5.1MM, including the prior day's carryover of $1,421,545, with a 27 day runup from the last pool takedown on 2/16/11. With a current carryover kitty of $506,567 going into today from the last hit on 2/26, the final day's pool figures to be in the 3MM range.

Again, only AMTOTE and UNITED TOTE operations take this bet, which means no Jersey and no Philly. Aside from NYRA, Chester (PA) takes it, as does Twin Spires, Capital OTB in the east.

Now with that said, let's cross our fingers that no one hits it before 4/7 :jump:

Vinman
the last time i was going to FAVORITES, the place was closed, i will be their on 4/7 see you then!

Vinman
03-30-2012, 05:33 PM
I made a quick trip out to Aqueduct today to pick up a replacement NYRA rewards account card so that I could wager on the Rainbow 6 by phone rather than have to endure the Wood Memorial day crowds.

Good thing I called the NYRA Rewards wagering line after getting my card....just to confirm that NYRA does indeed accept ten cent phone wagers on the Rainbow 6.....because....they DON'T!!

To wager on the Rainbow 6 by phone via NYRA Rewards, the minimum wager is FIFTY CENTS. This may come as a revelation to anyone who may have wagered on the Rainbow 6 by phone at NYRA throughout the GP meet, not knowing that they had ZERO chance of winning the entire pool. By virtue of all wagers being 5x the 10 cent minimum, any phone customers of NYRA Rewards had at least 5 winning tix if they won, rather than a single 10 cent ticket required to win the entire carryover pool.

The good news is that 10 cent Rainbow 6 wagers are indeed available on the self-service machines.....not the live tellers, of course.

A couple of other notes for anyone planning on going to the Big A on Wood Day....

o If you want a $3.00 "carrell seat" with a TV, the limited number that are "unreserved" per their seating chart, in either the Kelso room or the enclosed area on the main floor, go on sale at 8:45am TOMORROW at the first floor booth....the one against the wall that used to be a hot dog stand. They will not sell you more than two. I asked the lady with the seating chart. Needless to say, if you show up super early on 4/7 to buy these seats, you won't get 'em...they will all be gone by 10am tomorrow.....or sooner.

o Want to have lunch in Equestris on Wood Day? Their "special brunch" will set you back $65 per head. This is what I was told by the hostess at the booth in Equestris today.

Vinman

balarat
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Delaware Park, which has Sportech, also takes the rainbow 6 from Gulfstream

Vinman
04-01-2012, 06:47 PM
It was hit today by one lucky player for $791,364.75, thanks to a $153.80 upset in race 7 by Smokin Ali, who won by a head.

The question now is....will GP still shift the mandatory payout of a "miniscule by comparison" Rainbow 6 pool from Easter Sunday to next Saturday to accommodate NYRA being closed. My guess is probably not.

Vinman

Striker
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
It was hit today by one lucky player for $791,364.75, thanks to a $153.80 upset in race 7 by Smokin Ali, who won by a head.

The question now is....will GP still shift the mandatory payout of a "miniscule by comparison" Rainbow 6 pool from Easter Sunday to next Saturday to accommodate NYRA being closed. My guess is probably not.

Vinman
On a ticket that cost $2.40.

Vinman
04-01-2012, 08:24 PM

To view this from the perspective of a $2.00 Pick 6 payoff, we're talking $15,827,295 on a $48 investment.

Vinman

Vinman
04-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Story about today's payoff on the Gulfstream website says there will be a mandatory payout of the Rainbow 6 pool on Sat. 4/7 for the new pool that starts on Thurs, 4/5. There will also have to be a second mandatory payout on closing day, 4/8.

No word if Gulfstream plans on putting in any "seed money" to kick things off.

Vinman

Charli125
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM

Where did you hear that? Curious if it was a quickpick kind of thing or if someone actually handicapped it down to 24 possibilities.

Vinman
04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Where did you hear that? Curious if it was a quickpick kind of thing or if someone actually handicapped it down to 24 possibilities.

Ticket was purchased in Vegas. Story is at www.gulfstreampark.com

Vinman

Charli125
04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Ticket was purchased in Vegas. Story is at www.gulfstreampark.com

Vinman

Wow. That's quite a win.

Vinman
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Even with the pool being hit today, there's still a chance to make a hefty score with this wager, despite a maximum of just 3 race days worth of "buildup" (hopefully) included in next Saturday's mandatory payout.

After the 5.1MM Rainbow 6 carryover pool was paid out last year on Sat., 4/23, there was still one more day of racing at GP on Easter Sunday, 4/24. On that day, a total of $75,601 was wagered in that closing day Rainbow 6, a pool which undoubtedly would have been considerably higher if NYRA hadn't been closed for Easter.

A string of payoffs of $40.80, $4.80, $4.20, $14.40, $38.40 and $11.40 yielded two winning tickets of $30,240.50 each....based on just one day's handle.

Next time, with as many as three days of handle in the mix and with NYRA open, this Saturday's mandatory payout pool will be nothing to sneeze at.

Vinman

horses4courses
04-02-2012, 10:59 AM
This may have been one of many tickets by the same bettor, but DRF reported a single ticket of $2.40 played in LV hit the jackpot at GP.

http://www.drf.com/news/gulfstream-rainbow-6-hit-791364-ticket-purchased-las-vegas