PDA

View Full Version : Stakes Festival 12/27

bettheoverlay
12-27-2003, 11:19 AM
I love Calders approach to big Stakes days and Grand Slam II offers another all stakes P4.

9th- G2 turf at 1/2

#7 Volga and #10 Mariensky have the class but appear to prefer soft or yielding. I'm anticipating the favorite to be #3 Lady Annaliese(5/1), a Frankel horse. I'm going with #1 New Economy (8/1) who loves the track, distance and jockey and won this race last year at 22/1. Only 3 races since April and should be flying late. Early speed longshots have done well at Calder the past 2 Saturdays on turf so I'll also look at #5 Go on Baby(10/1).

10th- 100K 1 1/16th

May be a spirited early speed duel with the #1 Grab Bag and #5 Pampered Princess. The race sets up well for Splasha (5/1) who has a nice 7F prep against G3 foes. Also like #7 Secret Request (8/1) who always runs a good race and is improving.

11th - G2 turf at 1/2

#2 Balto Star tries once again to stretch his speed to 1 1/2. I like #8 Rowans Park (10/1) who has really improved in his last 2 and has a win at the distance. Also like #9 Continuously (5/1) but the Frankel name will probably depress the odds.

12th - G3 at 1/8

#4 The Judge Says Who (4/1) has only 1 race since April but it was pretty good one and sets him up to improve with a much better effort today. Loves the track and is returning to his favorite jockey who was aboard in his last 2 wins.

9th at FG 75K 1 1/16 turf.

#8 Certifiably Crazy (9/2) ships in from Calder, has come alive on the turf, and is working terrific. Ran 2nd to Stroll 2 back in a G3 and his last earned a very good figure. My best stakes bet of the day.

10th at Santa Anita G1 7f

#7 Atlantic Ocean (5/1) really disappointed this summer but she has lots of ability and is returning at SA where she is 2/2. Great works and may turn it around today.

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-27-2003, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bettheoverlay
[B]I love Calders approach to big Stakes days and Grand Slam II offers another all stakes P4.

9th- G2 turf at 1/2

#7 Volga and #10 Mariensky have the class but appear to prefer soft or yielding. I'm anticipating the favorite to be #3 Lady Annaliese(5/1), a Frankel horse. I'm going with #1 New Economy (8/1) who loves the track, distance and jockey and won this race last year at 22/1. Only 3 races since April and should be flying late. Early speed longshots have done well at Calder the past 2 Saturdays on turf so I'll also look at #5 Go on Baby(10/1).

Hi Bettheoverlay,
Love New Economy Today. Graham Motion
has Put Lots of Money in My Pocket this Yr. Had This One last Yr
At a Nice Price. Lets Make It 2 in A Row .

Good Luck Today

Jimmy