PDA

View Full Version : Wood Memorial Day Trip

cj's dad
03-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Just Ralph and I will be heading to the Big A for the Wood on April 7th as guests of OTM Al and his lovely wife. A 3 hour ride, hopefully. Any other members (PA?) planning on attending ?

classhandicapper
03-28-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm about even money.

Linny
03-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I'll be there.

cj's dad
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I'll be there.PM Jr and I and we can meet somewhere and say Hi. Always a pleasure to meet members.

Cardus
03-28-2012, 09:15 PM
I'll be there.

Linny
03-28-2012, 09:38 PM
PM Jr and I and we can meet somewhere and say Hi. Always a pleasure to meet members.

Will do. Not sure where we will be. If it's nice and warm we will probably sit outside somewhere. We usually get a seat then spend the day roaming around.

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2012, 02:05 AM
I'll be there.Now I definitely have to try and be there...

cj's dad
03-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Now I definitely have to try and be there...

So, when it was just JR and I you might be there ! Now, you're definitely going to try to be there.

And here I thought you liked me. :(

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
So, when it was just JR and I you might be there ! Now, you're definitely going to try to be there.

And here I thought you liked me. :( Don't worry...I was being half sarcastic... :lol:

Ron
03-30-2012, 11:01 PM
You guys are f*ckin' awesome. Have a great time!

cj
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
You guys are f*ckin' awesome. Have a great time!

Can't wait for your 3rd post off the layoff, should be your top!

Canarsie
03-31-2012, 12:04 PM
I'll give it my best to be there. The Mrs. always thinks I'm up to no good even when I pass Brooklyn. :lol:

cj's dad
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM
OTM Al just PM'd me. We are going to be in the Equestrian restaurant.

Mine and JR's 1st trip to the Big A

JustRalph
03-31-2012, 03:19 PM
OTM Al just PM'd me. We are going to be in the Equestrian restaurant.

Mine and JR's 1st trip to the Big A

Dress code ?

OTM Al
03-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Dress code ?

Not really though khakis and shirt with collar is probably the norm.

JustRalph
03-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Not really though khakis and shirt with collar is probably the norm.

Thanks, was worried about a required Tie..........

Grits
04-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Wood Memorial Day - $65.00 per person includes soda, coffee, tea, tax, gratuity& program. Contact NYRA Dining at (888) 659-2260 (NYRA).

Unless something comes up changing plans, I'll be at Aqueduct, maybe not in time for Thursday racing, but there for Friday and Saturday.

I'm not one that can eat $65.00 worth of buffet food, soda, coffee and tea. It would be foolish of me to pay this.

Maybe I'll see you gentlemen, sometime, in the afternoon on Saturday. Have a safe trip, all who are traveling.

badcompany
04-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks, was worried about a required Tie..........

:lol:

Once you get there, you'll realize why this comment is so funny.

cj's dad
04-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Once you get there, you'll realize why this comment is so funny.

From what I have read here, a "roach clip" would be more appropriate.

nijinski
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Wish I could come , I'll get off work late am , but that bridge...

Anyway , I'll be watching our contest while painting Easter Eggs . :D
Hope we have a Belmont gathering in the near future.

cj's dad
04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Wish I could come , I'll get off work late am , but that bridge...

Anyway , I'll be watching our contest while painting Easter Eggs . :D
Hope we have a Belmont gathering in the near future.

damn it- now I have to cancel the 2 dozen roses

PaceAdvantage
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
damn it- now I have to cancel the 2 dozen rosesAnd here I thought... :lol:

Jasonm921
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
This is not exactly Saratoga...you can show up in anything you like. Nothing is frowned upon.

cj's dad
04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
And here I thought... :lol:

What am I missing ?

David-LV
04-03-2012, 10:56 AM
This is not exactly Saratoga...you can show up in anything you like. Nothing is frowned upon.

Is short shorts ok???

________
David-LV

PhantomOnTour
04-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Only if you tie the bottom of your tee shirt in a lil knot, so as to show some midriff

badcompany
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
From what I have read here, a "roach clip" would be more appropriate.

I haven't been to Aqueduct or Belmont in awhile, but there used to be a Jamaican contingent, there, that had the place smelling like a Bob Marley concert.:cool:

nijinski
04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
damn it- now I have to cancel the 2 dozen roses
Blushing

JustRalph
04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Blushing

Dont get too excited he gets me a dozen everytime we go to Laurel

nijinski
04-03-2012, 09:32 PM

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Dont get too excited he gets me a dozen everytime we go to LaurelAnd that's where I was going with my "And here I thought..." comment that cj'd dad couldn't figure out... :lol:

cj's dad
04-03-2012, 10:05 PM
You guys are evil !! I will be spreading rumors this Saturday.

Grits
04-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Traffic was awful driving up yesterday . Much more time than it usually takes me. JR and CjD u may want to allow for some extra time. Made a reservation in the dining room today, like the better view from there.

Good day for racing today! Beautiful weather and a good day at the windows. :)

nijinski
04-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Traffic was awful driving up yesterday . Much more time than it usually takes me. JR and CjD u may want to allow for some extra time. Made a reservation in the dining room today, like the better view from there.

Good day for racing today! Beautiful weather and a good day at the windows. :)
Hope you're able to get a photo of Street Life and have a great time !

PhantomOnTour
04-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Drive safely y'all...and enjoy the races.

I envy all of you.
Me? gotta work today :(
all day

JustRalph
04-08-2012, 01:41 AM
I have some pic's to post later......

it was a great day............Thanks to Al and his wife! :ThmbUp:

Grits
04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
It was a fine day of racing, though one that I didn't make fine money. But that is OK because the food was wonderful and Big A never looked better. Laughter with three of my PA guys, made for such fun.

We never did find that other elusive PA member--guess he was on the roof with Tom calling races.

I sent PA a couple of photos. ;)

Thursday was the good day wagering wise. I love $20.+ winning horses. ;-)

JustRalph
04-08-2012, 12:07 PM

http://www.justralph.com/storage/wood-trip/roses.jpg

As usual, CJ's Dad came through again.........

JustRalph
04-08-2012, 12:56 PM
More Pic's available here

http://www.justralph.com/

Storm Cadet
04-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Great pix...can't wait for the warmer weather and Belmont to open up!

PhantomOnTour
04-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Great pictures...uhhhh, except for that neon Ravens sign in the background at the post-trip party :D
I notice the light was OUT...
Hey, i will be in Baltimore for the Preakness...love to meet some of y'all if you happen to be attending.

Nice seats, by the way

the little guy
04-08-2012, 07:18 PM
It was nice to see you guys.

JustRalph
04-08-2012, 08:15 PM
It was nice to see you guys.

It was brief, but I was very excited to be down in the paddock and the winners circle area. Andy, One day we will have a little more time hopefully.

Al's wife introduced me to R. Migliore and we talked for a minute or so about his ride on Magic Weisner in the 2002 Preakness. He indulged me and was very nice about it. We laughed about how it was the biggest score I ever made. Very friendly. It was a highlight for me.

My dad loved 'The Mig' and I woke up this morning thinking about how much I wish he could have been around for that trip yesterday. :ThmbUp:

the little guy
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
It was brief, but I was very excited to be down in the paddock and the winners circle area. Andy, One day we will have a little more time hopefully.

Al's wife introduced me to R. Migliore and we talked for a minute or so about his ride on Magic Weisner in the 2002 Preakness. He indulged me and was very nice about it. We laughed about how it was the biggest score I ever made. Very friendly. It was a highlight for me.

My dad loved 'The Mig' and I woke up this morning thinking about how much I wish he could have been around for that trip yesterday. :ThmbUp:

That's nice. Richie's a great guy and very generous with his time. He just loves the game. I've learned an enormous amount from him over the years, especially in regards to watching races. It's nice that others can share in his knowledge now as well. It's also nice that you guys got to spend some time with some of the people I am fortunate enough to work with.

I'll make sure to stop by for longer at Saratoga this Summer.

cj's dad
04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Good to see you again Andy. More time at Toga this summer would be nice.

the little guy
04-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Good to see you again Andy. More time at Toga this summer would be nice.

Great to see you as well. Definitely on Saratoga.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Some more pics from the Day Trip that have recently surfaced:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/Grits1.jpg
Al and JR today. Fine dining at Big A!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/Grits2.jpg
CjD pauses from his handicapping.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/Grits3.jpg
One couldn't find Cardus with a search light. Why am I not surprised?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/Grits4.jpg
Still looking for the --oh so kind-- Cardus!!! He never surfaced. Thanks to JR's IPad,
I was able to get a note to him. Sadly, I never came face to face with this person.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/Grits5.jpg
Editor's Note: I swear this is Grits' future official political campaign photo...entitled...
"Looking towards the future"

JustRalph
04-09-2012, 11:32 AM
That last shot is epic!

Jasonm921
04-09-2012, 12:13 PM
That IPad finish line shot is pretty good.

badcompany
04-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Cool pics. Ironically, I'm able to see them on my Ipad but not on my laptop. It's usually the other way around.

As an aside, I'm head to Saratoga this weekend for a spring sojourn. The harness track is reopening after being closed because of an outbreak of strangles.

I'm hoping to post a few pics.

PhantomOnTour
04-09-2012, 01:10 PM
I cannot see the pictures

horses4courses
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
That's a good looking group........ :ThmbUp:

Hope you took your share of that Aqueduct mutuels pool home with you ;)

nijinski
04-09-2012, 09:14 PM
can't see the pics on my laptop either.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2012, 09:18 PM
That's odd...they aren't different than any other pictures I've put up here...

Linny
04-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Pics not working for me either.

Had a great time, but missed seeing PA'ers. BTW is so right about Rich Migliore. He was very busy with his HRTV gig etc but makes time to chat. He's as good an ambassador for the game as I can think of.

chickenhead
04-09-2012, 11:28 PM
work fine for me.....fun lookin' crew.

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2012, 12:30 AM
OK....I saw what the problem was with the pictures...they should work for all now.

Apparently, I had an extra "/" after http:// as in http:///

The Chrome browser wasn't affected by this, but IE would not tolerate such a typo...how interesting...

Sorry about that...

badcompany
04-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Can see'm, now, on the laptop.

Brutal owning of Cardus.:lol:

nijinski
04-10-2012, 12:49 AM
OK....I saw what the problem was with the pictures...they should work for all now.

Apparently, I had an extra "/" after http:// as in http:///

The Chrome browser wasn't affected by this, but IE would not tolerate such a typo...how interesting...

Sorry about that...
Beautiful shots , beautiful people . Why are you not in the photo? I know you took em.
and .. Where's the Roses? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Beautiful shots , beautiful people . Why are you not in the photo? I know you took em.
and .. Where's the Roses? :lol:I never did show up...so I'm not sure who is behind the camera...probably cj's dad...

I dissed my peeps...and for that, I'm truly sorry. Saturday just was not a good day for me to get out to the Big A...

bigmack
04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/Grits5.jpg

Solid. More material to Photoshop with every intention to get ones goat.

Boom Shockalocka...

speed
04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I never did show up...so I'm not sure who is behind the camera...probably cj's dad...

I dissed my peeps...and for that, I'm truly sorry. Saturday just was not a good day for me to get out to the Big A...
I know, you were doing lunch with Pell Mell instead. :)

nijinski
04-10-2012, 01:36 AM
I never did show up...so I'm not sure who is behind the camera...probably cj's dad...

Sorry about that , assumed when you posted. them.

Grits
04-10-2012, 01:41 AM
I've driven ten hours, southbound! :faint: I'm wasted, guys. I feel like I'm still in I-95's left lane winging my way home to Carolina.

In that last shot, I'm either looking at the toteboard, praying to cash (Saturday was kinda chalky), or dreaming about my first book signing.

"Every Thing I Know (Except My Southern Sass) I Learned From Horse Players"

I can't run for office y'all. Some creep will come out of the woodwork and swear I took him to bed when his wife was dying. Then, I'll have heart problems like that lying John Edwards.

The day was a lot of fun. My friends, Carmen, Rebecca and I had a fine afternoon--great food and drinks at Big A. Seeing the PA crew, seeing some other gentlemen I know, as well, topped the Grand Marnier chocolate mousse tarts, drizzled with darker chocolate that I ate four of!!! Tiny size, they were.

A great few days to NY, indeed.

--Mack, "you better be good to me" ('member that one? Tina recorded it.) Or else Ralph and I will have you on the IPad next time. :lol: Boomshockalocka, yourself. :lol:

AND P.A. WAS MISSED!

Grits
04-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Finally, I gave up on finding "no show Cardus". So after the big race, which I took a bath on, :lol: I went looking for DaHoss. I needed his pick in the finale, handicapper that he is. I walked around the 1st and 2nd floors. This Southern accent, calling,

"DaHoss ....DaHoss ....you here? Where you at?

I even walked up to some degenerates, "Y'all know DaHoss9698 at Pace Advantage." They looked at me like I was nuts. Like I just got off the bus.

"Lady, you alright, there something wrong with you? DaHoss' been away from the track forever. Who's Pace Advantage?" I told 'em. "No, he ain't, not THAT DaHoss. You think I'm walkin' around here calling a horse? I'm blonde but I ain't that damn stoopid". ....Never did find DH. My pick? He didn't do well either.

cj's dad
04-10-2012, 12:28 PM
That congregation on the 1st floor have to be the most degenerate looking group of horse players I have EVER SEEN, and I've been to about 30 tracks.

And what the hell was that smell ???

OTM Al
04-10-2012, 12:52 PM
That congregation on the 1st floor have to be the most degenerate looking group of horse players I have EVER SEEN, and I've been to about 30 tracks.

That first experience with the walking dead is always the roughest. After seeing (and smelling) that can you ever be surprised again when management isn't going all out for the customers? As I said, at least they fixed the 1st floor bathrooms so they weren't going on the floor...that much....

cj's dad
04-10-2012, 01:05 PM
That first experience with the walking dead is always the roughest. After seeing (and smelling) that can you ever be surprised again when management isn't going all out for the customers? As I said, at least they fixed the 1st floor bathrooms so they weren't going on the floor...that much....

Cardus
04-10-2012, 01:35 PM
It's nice that you guys thought of me on Saturday.

Cardus
04-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Can see'm, now, on the laptop.

Brutal owning of Cardus.:lol:

Yeah, I am wounded.

badcompany
04-10-2012, 02:34 PM

That's the smell that comes from making the wrong choice between buying soap or betting a slow horse.:ThmbDown:

cj's dad
04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
That's the smell that comes from making the wrong choice between buying soap or betting a slow horse.:ThmbDown:

Brutal. I swear it smelled like rotting flesh.

And if one more of those a---oles had bumped into me as we were making our way to the paddock, someone was hitting the deck and it wasn't going to be me.

badcompany
04-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Brutal. I swear it smelled like rotting flesh.

And if one more of those a---oles had bumped into me as we were making our way to the paddock, someone was hitting the deck and it wasn't going to be me.

Those "people" are refugees from the, now, defunct NYCOTB.

People here used to think I was purposely trying to degrade horseplayers when I would describe conditions, there.

OTM Al
04-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Those "people" are refugees from the, now, defunct NYCOTB.

People here used to think I was purposely trying to degrade horseplayers when I would describe conditions, there.

But you have to admit you haven't seen so many Members Only jackets since the 80s!

Grits
04-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't have such an acute sense of smell. But, even if I did, it probably wouldn't matter. I've scraped worse off my shoe.

Cardus
04-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Finally, I gave up on finding "no show Cardus". So after the big race, which I took a bath on, :lol: I went looking for DaHoss. I needed his pick in the finale, handicapper that he is. I walked around the 1st and 2nd floors. This Southern accent, calling,

"DaHoss ....DaHoss ....you here? Where you at?

I even walked up to some degenerates, "Y'all know DaHoss9698 at Pace Advantage." They looked at me like I was nuts. Like I just got off the bus.

"Lady, you alright, there something wrong with you? DaHoss' been away from the track forever. Who's Pace Advantage?" I told 'em. "No, he ain't, not THAT DaHoss. You think I'm walkin' around here calling a horse? I'm blonde but I ain't that damn stoopid". ....Never did find DH. My pick? He didn't do well either.

There are ways to post something like this that are funny.

It's too bad none of them occurred to you.

Grits
04-10-2012, 09:19 PM
There are ways to post something like this that are funny.

It's too bad none of them occurred to you.

Whatever you say, big guy.

tzipi
04-11-2012, 01:03 AM

:lol: Very true.

Indulto
04-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Nice photos of true racing fans. Thanks for sharing.

I particularly enjoyed the irony in the Laurel and Hardy-esque shot of two serious gents I sometimes perceive as representing opposite views of politics and horseplayer advocacy. Let me know if you’re planning a PA-member excursion to the Breeder’s Cup this year, so I can audition for the Oliver Hardy pose.

As for the always-photogenic Grits, what can I say other than she’s the best-looking horseplayer I ever saw and, hopefully, some racing media marketing folks will pick up on her pictures. If her southern accent is as graceful as her appearance, she’d make great commercials with the sassy style she exhibits in her writing. :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
04-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Nice photos of true racing fans. Thanks for sharing.

I particularly enjoyed the irony in the Laurel and Hardy-esque shot of two serious gents I sometimes perceive as representing opposite views of politics and horseplayer advocacy. Let me know if you’re planning a PA-member excursion to the Breeder’s Cup this year, so I can audition for the Oliver Hardy pose.

As for the always-photogenic Grits, what can I say other than she’s the best-looking horseplayer I ever saw and, hopefully, some racing media marketing folks will pick up on her pictures. If her southern accent is as graceful as her appearance, she’d make great commercials with the sassy style she exhibits in her writing. :ThmbUp:

Yeah, I'm going to the BC this year, but no, I have no interest whatsoever in spending any of my time with you.

badcompany
04-11-2012, 11:04 AM
But you have to admit you haven't seen so many Members Only jackets since the 80s!

In a NYCOTB a Members Only jacket is the equivalent of a tuxedo.:(

Years ago when Howard Stern was on regular radio, his sidekick Robin Quivers brought up a place in her neighborhood where bums always hung out. She thought it was some kind of soup kitchen. Turned out she was talking about an OTB.:(

Grits
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Rodney King stated, "why can't we all just get along. After his beating, the trial, and the LA riots that brought deaths and billions in damage. King's quote is still well remembered today.

Poet and author, Maya Angelou, now in her 80s was speaking on the human spirit long before King uttered his words. She still speaks and writes today, and teaches at Wake Forest University here in Carolina. Ms.Angelou has written.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

These words resonate when I read over my mistakes. In my weakness, I fail at keeping them in mind. Matter of fact, I fail miserably these days every time a poster types a word directed towards me that I find annoying. Life's short, I need to work harder on my weaknesses.

This post may come back to haunt me. If so--so be it. (We naturally backslide.) We'll never all get along. That's impossible, and that's ok. But we can try and exercise a better degree of humanity towards each other.

If, in this effort, many of you think I'm delivering another sermon, please understand, I have great respect for Coach Jim Valvano who said, "Never give up. Never, ever, give up." And I won't. Not on this website, this room full of men and women. The sport needs the voices of its members.

NJ Stinks
04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Poet and author, Maya Angelou, now in her 80s was speaking on the human spirit long before King uttered his words. She still speaks and writes today, and teaches at Wake Forest University here in Carolina. Ms.Angelou has written.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

That is one great quote, Grits. :ThmbUp:

Just wanted to mention that I was in New York on Saturday too. Only I was in Manhattan to watch the afternoon matinee of the play "One Man, Two Guvnors". ('Silly, hilarious, and fun!' is how I would describe it.)

For the record, no way in hell would I choose going to a Broadway play on the same day as the Wood, Illinois Derby, and the SA Derby. But friends treated us to the show as a present to my wife. And even though I spent a small fortune on dinner afterwards in town, I would have lost at least that much at Aqueduct. (Too much chalk served there Saturday.)

At any rate, I always wanted to go to Aqueduct for the Wood and next year, if possible, I hope to spend the day with PA celebs at the Big A! :cool:

(You've been forewarned! :) )

Indulto
04-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I'm going to the BC this year, but no, I have no interest whatsoever in spending any of my time with you.I'm devesrated. And after I just located a "Members-Only" jacket for the occasion... ;)

OTM Al
04-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm devesrated. And after I just located a "Members-Only" jacket for the occasion... ;)

That's good. Wear it so everyone who doesn't know you will recognize you for the loser you are.

Indulto
04-11-2012, 04:00 PM
That's good. Wear it so everyone who doesn't know you will recognize you for the loser you are.I can see it now -- some unlucky fellow at Santa Anita with a resemblance to Oliver Hardy, and wearing a "Members-Only" jacket, being accosted by a tall guy with a resemblance to Stan Laurel, and foaming at the mouth. That'll bring the BC back to Hollywood Park in a New York minute. :lol:

OTM Al
04-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I'd never mistake another patron for you. If I wanted to find you all I'd need look for is somebody with his head shoved up some turf writer's ass. Figure the smell would give you away pretty quickly.

Indulto
04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd never mistake another patron for you. If I wanted to find you all I'd need look for is somebody with his head shoved up some turf writer's ass. Figure the smell would give you away pretty quickly.As track security pulled the perpetrator off the patron he was heard to scream, "You can't do this to me. I'm a published academic and restaurant critic!" :jump:

nijinski
04-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Rodney King stated, "why can't we all just get along. After his beating, the trial, and the LA riots that brought deaths and billions in damage. King's quote is still well remembered today.

These words resonate when I read over my mistakes. In my weakness, I fail at keeping them in mind. Matter of fact, I fail miserably these days every time a poster types a word directed towards me that I find annoying. Life's short, I need to work harder on my weaknesses.

This post may come back to haunt me. If so--so be it. (We naturally backslide.) We'll never all get along. That's impossible, and that's ok. But we can try and exercise a better degree of humanity towards each other.

If, in this effort, many of you think I'm delivering another sermon, please understand, I have great respect for Coach Jim Valvano who said, "Never give up. Never, ever, give up." And I won't. Not on this website, this room full of men and women. The sport needs the voices of its members.
Well done Grits!

Spalding No!
04-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Rodney King stated, "why can't we all just get along. After his beating, the trial, and the LA riots that brought deaths and billions in damage. King's quote is still well remembered today.Yeah, it's remembered as a joke...fodder for sketch comedy shows. Of course, maybe now with several subsequent DUIs under his belt and multiple appearances on "Celebrity Rehab", perhaps you are onto something pushing a reinterpretation of Rodney King's hollow plea.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."Don't remember this quote. Was it on a Maya Angelou Hallmark card or a Maya Angelou coffee mug?

Maybe a Maya Angelou Fathead wall graphic?

These words resonate when I read over my mistakes. In my weakness, I fail at keeping them in mind. Matter of fact, I fail miserably these days every time a poster types a word directed towards me that I find annoying. Life's short, I need to work harder on my weaknesses.Will Ferrell has stated:

"God, you're gonna make me cry. What poem is that from? Is that James Joyce?"

This post may come back to haunt me. If so--so be it. (We naturally backslide.)I'm confused. I thought we "never go back" (once we go to the track). Aqueduct can be a trying experience. Ask Miesque.

We'll never all get along. That's impossible, and that's ok. But we can try and exercise a better degree of humanity towards each other.You could be right.

Tracy Morgan once said:

"Affirmative action was designed to keep women and minorities in competition with each other to distract us while white dudes inject AIDS into our chicken nuggets."

Bah da, da, da, da....I'm lovin' it.

If, in this effort, many of you think I'm delivering another sermon, please understand, I have great respect for Coach Jim Valvano who said, "Never give up. Never, ever, give up."Don't misquote. Don't ever misquote.

[quote]And I won't. Not on this website, this room full of men and women. The sport needs the voices of its members.That last bit sounds like Bill Shakespeare. I'm not certain, but I think when he uses the word "members" he's actually employing some naughty wordplay. Or he was talking about a certain style of jackets.

I leave you with one final inspirational black quote:

Quoth the Raven:

Take thy beak from out my heart and thake thy form from off my message board!

Not ever more.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Y'all do realize how ridiculous many of you sound right now... right?

When you give shit for a living, expect it in return...

Cardus
04-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Well done Grits!

What, specifically, is "well done" about that post, Nijinski?

Rodney King as a beacon for peace?

Maya Angelou?

Misquoting Jim Valvano?

What is well done?

Fair question, no?

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Everyone needs to lighten the hell up...well, except for maybe Al...he has an actual point...

nijinski
04-12-2012, 10:22 PM
What, specifically, is "well done" about that post, Nijinski?

Rodney King as a beacon for peace?

Maya Angelou?

Misquoting Jim Valvano?

What is well done?

Fair question, no?

I was appreciating what Grits was trying to do here. If you don't that's not my problem .

cj's dad
04-12-2012, 11:13 PM
How did this thread about Ralph and I attending the Wood turn into a pissing contest ??

This site never fails to amaze me.

bigmack
04-12-2012, 11:25 PM
How did this thread about Ralph and I attending the Wood turn into a pissing contest ??
Cardoof, Spalding & Co., are members of a cult. Try and punk one and they all come running.

Refreshing to see Cardoof has finally found someone on his level for his want of street fighting. A diminutive woman in her 40's. :D

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2012, 06:41 AM

This site never fails to amaze me.Probably has something to do with an iPad...some people can't take a little light-hearted ribbing it seems...

Cardus
04-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Probably has something to do with an iPad...some people can't take a little light-hearted ribbing it seems...

Rubbish. I had a good laugh, actually.

That doesn't mean that I cannot comment on anything else in the thread, does it?

Cardus
04-13-2012, 08:56 AM

Like referring to the "degenerates" of the 1st and 2nd floor at Aqueduct, right?

And in light of this post, I am sure that we will agree that some of the references in this thread to the fellow horseplayers (ones not made by you) located on the floors beneath you were smug and elitist. The "rotting flesh" comment was somewhere beyond ridiculous.

Cardus
04-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I was appreciating what Grits was trying to do here. If you don't that's not my problem .

My post above explains why I had a problem with what Grits posted.

cj's dad
04-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Like referring to the "degenerates" of the 1st and 2nd floor at Aqueduct, right?

And in light of this post, I am sure that we will agree that some of the references in this thread to the fellow horseplayers (ones not made by you) located on the floors beneath you were smug and elitist. The "rotting flesh" comment was somewhere beyond ridiculous.

I stand by what I posted. If you were there and didn't notice the unusual odor then you must be used to the smell. There was in fact a very distinct odor in the area. Why would I comment on it if it did not exist.

Not meant to be elitist at all, just factual in my opinion.

OTM Al
04-13-2012, 09:44 AM
I stand by what I posted. If you were there and didn't notice the unusual odor then you must be used to the smell. There was in fact a very distinct odor in the area. Why would I comment on it if it did not exist.

Not meant to be elitist at all, just factual in my opinion.

Seriously, I have been to Aqueduct many times and I have never smelled that kind of funk before. The fact that it hit you about 20 feet above the floor level speaks for itself. It was a very crowded day, which certainly added to it. I know most people there are keeping to themselves and doing their thing, but you (Cardus) are there enough to know there are a number of people there that simply are disgusting in their behavior. Foul language, harrassment of particularly the female employees, throwng garbage on the floors, all are common place. This is degenerate behavior. This is not an incentive for new patrons to come back.

I love Aqueduct. First track I learned to play and I like being there. But I have to admit it's gotten a bit nasty in spots recently. Not going to stop me from returning, but it doesn't mean I have to approve of the behavior.

Grits
04-13-2012, 10:50 AM

Don't feed the troll. Troll that you are.

toetoe
04-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I haven't been to Aqueduct or Belmont in awhile, but there used to be a Jamaican contingent, there, that had the place smelling like a Bob Marley concert.:cool:

:rolleyes: Hello --- it's in Jamaica, Queens !!! Psssh !!!

cj's dad
04-14-2012, 08:27 PM
EzTgkK7tOrE

God damn Ralph did this to me

bigmack
04-14-2012, 08:35 PM
You're doin' what we call in the production bidneth as, draggin' the tempo.

Pick it up and you'd still smelleth as a singa. No offence.

Or defense.

Does prove one thing. Plumbers don't always have good pipes. (Somebody get me a rimshot)

JustRalph
04-14-2012, 09:53 PM
It was a great time! That Android phone wasn't great in the lighting........ but it was fun.......... :ThmbUp:

It takes guts to post it here too......! :lol:

lsosa54
04-15-2012, 10:13 AM
EzTgkK7tOrE

Dad: All I can say is "wow". I wonder if Craig has seen this?

If you will be at Saratoga this year, what would it take to get a live replay?

cj's dad
04-18-2012, 09:17 PM
You're doin' what we call in the production bidneth as, draggin' the tempo.

Pick it up and you'd still smelleth as a singa. No offence.

Or defense.

Does prove one thing. Plumbers don't always have good pipes. (Somebody get me a rimshot)

Electrician. If I wanted to be a plumber, I woulda finished high skool; know what I'm sayin' ??

Vengeance of Rain
04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
EzTgkK7tOrE

Dear Sir:

Do you or do you not wish to be an internet legend?

While not a goldmine this is an easy ticket to your 15 minutes. Do you want them or not?

First things first. You need to reshoot BUT the exact same way save the minor problem with the chiaroscuro.

The lighting is part of the charm as is your non-Jaggeresqueness, immobile self.

The song. What we need is a similar song as thre aren't enough dead people who had performed this one.

It will be a series and in all you will stand in that one spot.

We can get a local rapper for one, some strippers for another, use cgi and some deceased entertainers for a couple, some glam band or metal heads for yet another, steam punkers, emo guys, a Fellini tribute one with a kind of bizarre cluster**** of voluptuous women with dramatic and overdone cat-like eyeliner pawing at you, do you see what I'm saying? You'd be infamous.

(For fifteen minutes.)

All of this in the background - people either singing along to parts or rapping the same song or dancing, whatever.

You Sir? You are standing still, smack in the middle or it all.

Hell we could do one with a cooking show going on in the background and other with election results.

See what I mean?

It's worth a thought.

With utmost respect and regards,

VoR

cj
04-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Please stop.