PDA

View Full Version : Heart transplant for Dick Cheney

lamboguy
03-25-2012, 10:38 AM
our former vice president just went through this operation and is doing very well so far. i am hearing it described as miraculous. i wish him and his family all the best in this tough ordeal and hope he feels good for the rest of his life.

Shelby
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm just hearing this on HLN. He's sure had his fair share of heart problems. I hope he heals quickly and feels great!

Beachbabe
03-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Thoughts & prayers go out to him. A great American !!!!

lamboguy
03-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Thoughts & prayers go out to him. A great American !!!!
he certainly is, he has dedicated his whole life to this country. you really have to like that whether you agree or are against his policies.

Robert Goren
03-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I wish him well. But his treatment of veterans of the first gulf war as Bush 41's Secretary of Defense hardly qualifies him as a great American.

Tom
03-25-2012, 03:05 PM
His treatment?

fast4522
03-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Word has it Robert has been on the waiting list for the last twenty months for a brain. I have to tip my hat to those who actually have served, stones required.

Steve R
03-25-2012, 03:38 PM
he certainly is, he has dedicated his whole life to this country. you really have to like that whether you agree or are against his policies.
So did Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao and every other mass murdering a-hole in history. Should I like that whether or not I agreed with their policies or should I just be happy they're gone?

bigmack
03-25-2012, 03:59 PM
So did Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao and every other mass murdering a-hole in history.
Just know how delighted it makes others feel knowing you live with such venomous hatred each & every day.

May you stew in your hatred as often as possible.

lamboguy
03-25-2012, 04:00 PM
So did Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao and every other mass murdering a-hole in history. Should I like that whether or not I agreed with their policies or should I just be happy they're gone?i am sure that if you didn't think that the united states wasn't the best place in the world to live you would be living some place else.

the man just had a heart transplant, he served his country as best he can whether you like him or his boss. what makes this country beautiful is that they let you have an opinion and voice it, and don't drag you to jail for being a dissident. this is not my opinion, he held a national elected office and worked under 4 different presidents that thought he did a good job, he was elected 5 times for congress from the state of Wyoming, his constituents must have thought he did a great job as well.

JustRalph
03-25-2012, 04:48 PM
i am sure that if you didn't think that the united states wasn't the best place in the world to live you would be living some place else.

Steve doesn't live in the U.S. if memory serves me right............

lsbets
03-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Steve doesn't live in the U.S. if memory serves me right............

Correct. Someone else said it had something to do with legal matters. :jump:

Tom
03-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Stevie, boy, wow, you are so proud of your ignorance it is amazing!
Did you type that post with one hand?

Robert Goren
03-26-2012, 05:11 AM
His treatment?He called the vets who were suffering from "Gulf War Syndrome" fakers because they had yet figured what had caused their illness. I believe that great Americans give the benefit of the doubt to our soldiers rather than rush to what later proved to a totally false judgement. I do not consider people who bad mouth our soldiers for no reason great Americans.
That being said, he has been ill for a long time and I wish him well in his recovery and a long life.

Robert Goren
03-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Word has it Robert has been on the waiting list for the last twenty months for a brain. I have to tip my hat to those who actually have served, stones required. Cheney never served in the military. He had deferments from draft. Maybe you consider holding political office equivalent to serving in our military, but I do not.

fast4522
03-26-2012, 05:40 AM
We all know you well Robert, your the 300 pound guy in the grandstand who always can be heard yelling that the jockey is a stiff when your ticket goes south. Do you think your breaking the former Vice President's new heart?

Robert Goren
03-26-2012, 05:58 AM
We all know you well Robert, your the 300 pound guy in the grandstand who always can be heard yelling that the jockey is a stiff when your ticket goes south. Do you think your breaking the former Vice President's new heart?I do not weigh 300 pounds, haven't sat in the grandstand in years and never yell jockeys. I am the guy in the clubhouse yelling at the TV set " WIRE, WIRE, WHERE THE F****G WIRE !!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sure Cheney doesn't care what I think. But apparently you don't like it much when its point out that one of your heroes has feet of clay like the rest of us. Well, get used to it. The Cheney heart jokes(most in poor taste)are going to coming fast and furious over the next few days.

highnote
03-28-2012, 05:26 AM
The Cheney heart jokes(most in poor taste)are going to coming fast and furious over the next few days.

The ones on Yahoo in the comment section that follow the story about Cheney's transplate are the worst -- or best -- depending on your opinion of the man.

"Too bad W wasn't the donor"

"it would be ironic if the guy giving the heart was against the war on terror"

"This will be the first time a donor organ will reject the recipient."

DRIVEWAY
03-28-2012, 09:02 AM
The ones on Yahoo in the comment section that follow the story about Cheney's transplate are the worst -- or best -- depending on your opinion of the man.

"Too bad W wasn't the donor"

"it would be ironic if the guy giving the heart was against the war on terror"

"This will be the first time a donor organ will reject the recipient."

W would be a better brain donor.

highnote
03-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I still think it is amazing that technology exists that allows one person to have another person's heart planted inside them.

They say that a heart transplant recipient can expect to live, on average, for 5 years. That means Cheney still has a chance of serving one term as U.S. president. Most likely he will try to make like difficult for Obama. That is probably where his will to live comes from. :D

Robert Fischer
03-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Hmmm...

Wonder if Cheney was given stem cell treatment to improve his chances for recovery and lessen the rejection of the heart?

TJDave
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
I still think it is amazing that technology exists that allows one person to have another person's heart planted inside them.

My mom was one of the first to undergo open heart surgery with a heart/lung machine in the 50's. We thought that was remarkable then. It gave her an additional 20+ years.

Tom
03-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I heard that the FBI allowed Cheney to shoot the donor himself!