PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Gators

pktruckdriver
03-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Congrats to the Gator's for making the elite eight, nice run , be proud and be back stronger next year. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Striker
03-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Billy D 0-7 now against Pitino.

Ocala Mike
03-25-2012, 02:10 AM
I'm amazed they got as far as they did; came into the tournament flat, in my opinion. Kudos to Donovan, I guess.

Go, UK!

Ocala Mike

blind squirrel
03-25-2012, 09:43 AM
It's a great day to be a Louisville Fan and a "Nervous" day for
UK fan!

lamboguy
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM
It's a great day to be a Louisville Fan and a "Nervous" day for
UK fan!
i see we have a great game coming up next saturday, i can't wait for that one!!!

pktruckdriver
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Billy D 0-7 now against Pitino.

Wow this I did not know, really, even the Back to Back Championships, he never faced him or did and lost, amazing

GO UK

Striker
03-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow this I did not know, really, even the Back to Back Championships, he never faced him or did and lost, amazing

GO UK
They haven't faced each other since 2004.

cj
03-26-2012, 12:03 AM
They haven't faced each other since 2004.

I've tried watching, and I don't know how you guys do it. The basketball isn't just bad, it is atrocious. I watched a big white guy (name escapes me) for Florida receive an entry pass, make a great post move, and score an easy bucket in the paint with about 8 minutes or so left.

Not once, for the rest of the game, did they even attempt to get him the ball in the post again. And yes, he was posting up his man each time down. Despite chucking up bad shot after bad shot, they never even considered getting the ball inside to that guy again. It was absolutely horrible basketball.

Striker
03-26-2012, 12:44 AM
I've tried watching, and I don't know how you guys do it. The basketball isn't just bad, it is atrocious. I watched a big white guy (name escapes me) for Florida receive an entry pass, make a great post move, and score an easy bucket in the paint with about 8 minutes or so left.

Not once, for the rest of the game, did they even attempt to get him the ball in the post again. And yes, he was posting up his man each time down. Despite chucking up bad shot after bad shot, they never even considered getting the ball inside to that guy again. It was absolutely horrible basketball.
NCAA bball will always be my favorite to watch and wager on, and yes the overall play in the game has gone way down especially because of the way college players stay for a year and leave. But I will say this, this Kentucky team at times is one of the best teams I have ever seen play at the college level. Now that may be because of how bad the rest of the teams are, but they rival some of the best teams ever to play the college game IMO.

cj's dad
03-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I have never in my 50 years of watching college hoops seen a better team than UK-never !! these are the most athletic guys I have ever seen,

I have 4 brackets going and every one has a final match-up of UK-KUwith UK winning.

cj
03-26-2012, 05:32 AM
I have never in my 50 years of watching college hoops seen a better team than UK-never !! these are the most athletic guys I have ever seen,

I have 4 brackets going and every one has a final match-up of UK-KUwith UK winning.

I can see most athletic, but best?

Carolina: Jordan, Worthy, Perkins, Doherty, Jimmy Black
UCLA: Walton, Wilkes, Bibby, Nater
Duke: Jay Williams, Boozer, Battier, Dunleavey (Williams would have been an NBA star)

pktruckdriver
03-26-2012, 09:09 AM

Yes I saw that a few times, but they are the diehard 3 point team, and I do hope that changes somewhat, as teams are now playing the as a 3 point team, thus giving them the inside more easily, hopefully Billy will figure out this off season and adjust accordingly, but will not hold my breath.

Worse adjustment was when Steve Spurrier and the Gators lost to Nebraska, never once did they bring in a fullback or 2 the help the blitz and give the QB time to throw, never, worse coaching job I seen, made me think Steve had money on Nebraska, sad very sad game.

patrick

pktruckdriver
03-26-2012, 09:30 AM

Duke: Jay Williams, Boozer, Battier, Dunleavey (Williams would have been an NBA star)

What about the 1991 , I think Michigan team, Rose, Webber, Howard, King and Jackson, well 3 out of 5, at least had some talent, but these KY boys are giants, and yet no one stands out as "The man", like Melo at Syracuse or the guy NC who got hurt, and yes how many had UK winning it all, 85% or higher, yet losing the underneath teams getting there, was where i lost my way, that 2nd day destroyed me, but yes I have Ky winning it all, playing both Kansas and Ohio St, and 1 had Syracuse, as a back up, but the otherside was KY all the way.

patrick

Striker
03-26-2012, 12:29 PM

My comment is geared more towards them on the offensive end and agree with cj's dad on their athleticism. They certainly need a lot of work on the defensive side of the ball. They also have a NBA 1st round pick that comes off the bench in Miller.

exactatom
03-26-2012, 03:10 PM

What about the UNLV squad? I do not think University of Kentucky would be able to get the ball over mid-court against this team.

The question that begs to be asked is when does this NCAA Final Four banner come down from the rafters of Rupp Arena like the ones Coach Cal earned at UMASS & Memphis that have been since taken away by the NCAA?

Instead of the New York Times focusing on horseracing with an investigative report, why are they not focusing on this guy? You would thought after he had to vacate one Final Four appearance he would have cleaned up his act.

Striker
03-26-2012, 03:58 PM
What about the UNLV squad? I do not think University of Kentucky would be able to get the ball over mid-court against this team.

The question that begs to be asked is when does this NCAA Final Four banner come down from the rafters of Rupp Arena like the ones Coach Cal earned at UMASS & Memphis that have been since taken away by the NCAA?

Instead of the New York Times focusing on horseracing with an investigative report, why are they not focusing on this guy? You would thought after he had to vacate one Final Four appearance he would have cleaned up his act.
That UNLV squad obviously deserves to be in the top 5 teams of all time IMO. But like I said earlier if this Kentucky team would play 2 more years together(they start 3 freshman and 2 sophomores) and could add a few more younger players, they would contend to be the best of all time, but this will never happen because most of them will go into the NBA next year. The same thing would have happened to those UNLV players if they were playing in this era, they would have left after 1 or 2 years also.

Rapid Grey
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM

Kentucky is too big to fail, college basketball's version of Auburn football right down to the father shopping his son to the highest bidder...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/08/sun-times-says-anthony-davis-dad-asked-three-schools-to-pay-for-commitment/1.

The NCAA is no longer an enforcer, they are an enabler.

Valuist
03-27-2012, 02:43 PM

As for athleticism, I'd have to put the 1983 Houston/Phi Slamma Jamma team up there in the team photo.