12-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Opening day at the Great Race Place.

No turf racing.

Scratches, analysis and more at

www.socalturf.com

rrbauer
12-26-2003, 07:46 PM
Hope you paid attention. I led off my post with this:

Pay attention to how the rail is playing. Usually after the track has been sealed ahead of the rain (which it did all of yesterday), the rail can be dynamite.

If you saw the races at SA today, you saw first hand what DYNAMITE means! If you didn't and you follow this circuit you should read the charts and make a note in your Formulator notes that today was a huge, inside bias.

And, from my post for the 8th (Malibu Stakes)I'm looking for a price and liking Eye Of The Tiger who prefers to be outside and should get that trip here; and, Southern Image who runs well fresh and if you saw him circle the field on the turn in his last then you know he has a powerful turn of foot. 10-1 and 15-1, respectively.

Both of these horses dropped over to the rail and enjoyed the going. 'Image came off the rail inside the 8th pole and just got up. 'Tiger was 4th.

And, finally for the 9th:5.5f on the dirt. "E" and "E/P" types dominate this distance. I'm pretty sure that Memo House is quickest of the quick in here and Spawr has been super patient. Well, I was correct about the quickness as 'House did get the lead and the inside but got tackled at the head of the lane from all sides (Pedroza stopped riding as soon as he was passed). Perfect tripper, Fort Point, who ran the rail into the lane and then came between horses, just sailed home the winner.

Tomorrow after a day of the sun and wind on the track today, and some digging in the morning, I'm pretty sure that most of the bias will disappear....but, there will be a next time!