PDA

View Full Version : Breeding...distance...

sammy the sage
03-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Good race a Santa Anita today 3/24/12...12f's...

and of course a race in May a few people around here ARE supposedly interested in...

Thoughts on distance limitations by Sires...ect...for handicapping...when do you use...when do you ignore...and anywhere to get good info w/out paying thru the nose...

sammy the sage
03-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Well according to some...breeding is 2ndary in importance in handicapping...perhaps it is...but today...the top 2 at the Great Race place 3/24..were...easily 1st and 2nd...ie...that is...w/distance breeding

Tokyo City Cup S.
1 1/2 Miles | 4 Year Olds And Up | STAKES | Open

# HORSE JOCKEY WIN PLACE SHOW
8 Dynamic Host D. Flores $13.00 $5.80 $3.60
5 Dhaamer (IRE) R. Bejarano $4.40 $3.80
3 Skipshot K. Krigger $4.80

I guess ORGANIZED discussion on handicapping by topic is really taboo around here...oh well...

Dahoss9698
03-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I guess ORGANIZED discussion on handicapping by topic is really taboo around here...oh well...

I don't think it's taboo. I don't think anyone has any idea what you said in your first post.

I've read it 3 times now and I'm lost.

Robert Fischer
03-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Thoughts on distance limitations by Sires...ect...for handicapping...when do you use...when do you ignore...and anywhere to get good info w/out paying thru the nose...

When you see a good horse who was bred to be a precocious sprinter it was also conditioned as such.

dansan
03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
bris has the AWD for the sires Dynamic awd is 8.6 and Dhaamer is 9.0 if you just looked ate awd for the race you would of had the ex 8-5 box

cj
03-25-2012, 12:38 AM
bris has the AWD for the sires Dynamic awd is 8.6 and Dhaamer is 9.0 if you just looked ate awd for the race you would of had the ex 8-5 box

The real question would be if you boxed the top two AWD sires for all 12 furlongs races, how would you fare in the long run?

sammy the sage
03-25-2012, 08:13 AM
The real question would be if you boxed the top two AWD sires for all 12 furlongs races, how would you fare in the long run?

Interesting thought...not too many times do you get such clear cut entries w/breeding differences and results...some trainers/owners definitely try to reach too far...

dansan
03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
depends on the odds

sammy the sage
04-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Well in the Fla. Derby...the best bred horse for distance won easily enough...

The La. Derby today 4/1 is very interesting...cause 2/1 ml entry...both very much out classed if one goes strictly by breeding for longer distances...

In my case...will use breeding to toss from top spot and play horizontally w/several that are much better bred for distance and 10/1 ml...

I also find breeding as far as distance goes...works much better in general w/younger horses going longer...

Thoughts...anybody else.

windoor
04-01-2012, 11:59 AM
When I look at the Owner, Sire, Siressire, Dam, Damssire in my modified PP's, I get names like: SpotG1, SpotG2, SpotC4, SpotD3 etc.

Another way of saying, I don't use such things in my handicapping, so I replace the names for something more meaningful to me.

Regards,

Windoor

Robert Fischer
04-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Well in the Fla. Derby...the best bred horse for distance won easily enough...

The La. Derby today 4/1 is very interesting...cause 2/1 ml entry...both very much out classed if one goes strictly by breeding for longer distances...

In my case...will use breeding to toss from top spot and play horizontally w/several that are much better bred for distance and 10/1 ml...

I also find breeding as far as distance goes...works much better in general w/younger horses going longer...

Thoughts...anybody else.

The Florida Derby had nothing to do with stamina.