PDA

View Full Version : It sucks to be a Saint Today

Frank DeMartini
03-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Here is commentary on the New Orleans Saints and the NFL Sanctions with a slightly conservative twist:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/03/it-sucks-to-be-a-saint-today/ (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/03/it-sucks-to-be-a-saint-today/)

Valuist
03-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Congress has no business sticking its nose in this. But there's Durbin, trying to get involved.

That aside, the management and coaching staff were all warned. But they were too arrogant and/or stupid to heed the warnings. You know they have issues when the Detroit Lions, considered by most to be the dirtiest team in the league, were crying foul that the Saints were dirtier than they were.

So no tears from me for the Saints. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

TJDave
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I thought this was gonna be about the "saint" running for president. :rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
I think Congress got involved as a result of the massive over-coverage this received from ESPN and other sports reporting/broadcasting entities.

Durbin is concerned with player safety, but that isn't what this whole thing is about. If it were, then the Saints wouldn't have been warned several times before the NFL put a stop to it....didn't this keep players at risk during the "warning" phase?
Safety my eye...
It's all about not listening to the Commish when he repeatedly said to cut it out.

Canarsie
03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm a Saint fan and think the punishment is fair. Not for what acts they committed but they continually lied abut it. They had a chance to discontinue it but chose not to.

Maybe its the way I grew up but I have a problem with the snitch. There will be an ugly scene in any locker room where a 2009 Saints player is in. Whether right or wrong stuff should stay in the room the NFL knew about it from its inception anyway. Its one of the reason I can't stand Kobe he snitched on Shaq and caused a divorce and possibly more harm. I have always said the person I respect the most in this world is G. Gordon Liddy. Go ahead and trash me if you wish the guy could have given tons of people up but chose to go to jail.

Tom
03-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Putting a contract on hurting another players is outright assault. Jail time is on order here. What the Saints were screaming out was that they were not good enough players, that they did have the talent to compete fairly. There is a difference between playing hard and what they did. Lifetime bans are in order, then legal charges.

Canarsie
03-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Putting a contract on hurting another players is outright assault. Jail time is on order here. What the Saints were screaming out was that they were not good enough players, that they did have the talent to compete fairly. There is a difference between playing hard and what they did. Lifetime bans are in order, then legal charges.

The last thing the NFL would want is legal charges. They told them to stop in 2009 and they didn't. All 32 teams might be liable with litigation plus other teams will be named under oath. The only player who is in big trouble is Vilma.

What's the difference between what the Saints did and a hockey fight? Or using a stick as a weapon? I'm talking legally most of these cases never make it to court. They just did a survey of NHL players if fighting should be banned. Only one out of 400 said yes.

James Harrison would have at least five felony charges against him that's what it would come down to.

One more thing is that the NFL was promoting these same hits on their website. There was such an uproar they had to eliminate it. They were selling videos of it that would look wonderful in a court of law.

Tom
03-25-2012, 12:10 AM
They just did a survey of NHL players if fighting should be banned. Only one out of 400 said yes.

Ironically, the same number with all their teeth! Whoda thunk it?

There is a difference between hard hits, fights and contracts.
Even boxing has rules.