PDA

View Full Version : What You Ate Taday

bigmack
03-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Start things off by reporting...

I've had the jones for ohmLets of late. Went in search of the fluffiest. Long story shirt, discovered (& iM appalled Chicky dint tell me about this)

BAKING eggs. Mix-up a beautiful concoction with feta cheese, toeMato, UnYawn, sauSa G, THE WOIKS. Throw it in a pan. Bake it in the oven.

Fluffy & Beautiful.

I, Mack, downed a lovely plate of oven baked omelettes taday. :p

PhantomOnTour
03-23-2012, 09:24 AM
This should be in the Thread About Nothing

or

Big Mack's Annoying & NOT FUNNY AT ALL Wanna be Hip Kind of Phonetic Cali Writing Style Thread.

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2012, 10:47 AM
This should be in the Thread About Nothing

or

Big Mack's Annoying & NOT FUNNY AT ALL Wanna be Hip Kind of Phonetic Cali Writing Style Thread.Are you just another one of those who enjoys starting something where there is nothing? It's just going to get deleted, so don't bother.

johnhannibalsmith
03-23-2012, 10:51 AM
2000 mg acetaminophen and 50mg diephenhydramine

boxcar
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
2000 mg acetaminophen and 50mg diephenhydramine

Hey, does any of the above kick stronger than coffee? :D

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
03-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Boxcar

I don't know, I wash it down with coffee... I don't even think that garbage works anymore at all...

bigmack
03-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Boxcar
Hey, Kemo Sabe. You mentioned organic apple cider vinegar in some other thread so I went and got some. Holy Tomato Paste, wild stuff!

I feel betta. More energy & everythang, but it do burn on the way down.

(If you respond to this, you don't need to sign-off with 'boxcar' - I'll know it's hugh)

boxcar
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey, Kemo Sabe. You mentioned organic apple cider vinegar in some other thread so I went and got some. Holy Tomato Paste, wild stuff!

I feel betta. More energy & everythang, but it do burn on the way down.

(If you respond to this, you don't need to sign-off with 'boxcar' - I'll know it's hugh)

You are nuts! No one I know of ever takes that stuff straight. Try mixing it. You can mix it in all kinds of food --in soups, salads, in juices -- can even add 2 or 3 drops to a glass of water, etc. It's very potent stuff. Don't need much of it.

Boxcar

thaskalos
03-23-2012, 02:09 PM
You are nuts! No one I know of ever takes that stuff straight. Try mixing it. You can mix it in all kinds of food --in soups, salads, in juices -- can even add 2 or 3 drops to a glass of water, etc. It's very potent stuff. Don't need much of it.

Boxcar

Oh, come on...you really believe that a smart guy like 'mack would make a mistake like that?

The instructions on how to mix it are right there on the bottle.

RaceBookJoe
03-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Boxcar

Now you know one...i take 2-3 tsps before lunch and dinner. rbj ps: its also the perfect remedy for acid indigestion.

thaskalos
03-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Now you know one...i take 2-3 tsps before lunch and dinner. rbj ps: its also the perfect remedy for acid indigestion.
I'm not trying to be a smart-guy here...but there are considerable side affects to taking it undiluted.

bigmack
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh, come on...you really believe that a smart guy like 'mack would make a mistake like that?

I was downing it straight. Wowzer! Packed with a punch.

I now mix it with H20 & honey, but for the record I am capable of going straight.

RaceBookJoe
03-23-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm not trying to be a smart-guy here...but there are considerable side affects to taking it undiluted.

What side effects, i have been doing this for years, never had an issue...but would like to know your thoughts. I take the Braggs ACV with the "mother". rbj

thaskalos
03-23-2012, 02:41 PM
What side effects, i have been doing this for years, never had an issue...but would like to know your thoughts. I take the Braggs ACV with the "mother". rbj

I take the exact same thing, also for years...

When you take it undiluted, and in the quantities that YOU do...you run the risk of damaging your throat tissue.

This is very acidic stuff...and very hard on the soft tissue of the throat.

boxcar
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM

Define "smart". :lol:

Not on my bottle. After talking about its "delightful" flavor and "full bouquet", it says to "use it in your favorite recipe". That's it. Nothing more.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I take the exact same thing, also for years...

When you take it undiluted, and in the quantities that YOU do...you run the risk of damaging your throat tissue.

This is very acidic stuff...and very hard on the soft tissue of the throat.

Okay, Mackabee, there you have it. You need to start mainlining this stuff to protect your throat. :lol:

Boxcar

thaskalos
03-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Not on my bottle. After talking about its "delightful" flavor and "full bouquet", it says to "use it in your favorite recipe". That's it. Nothing more.

Boxcar

"delightful flavor"?..."full bouquet"?...

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? :)

bigmack
03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
"delightful flavor"?..."full bouquet"?...

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? :)
I don't think he's buying the raw/unfiltered like we are in Bragg's.

GameTheory
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Don't drink it undiluted -- seriously. It will burn your throat, and actually take the enamel off your teeth.

bigmack
03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
What side effects, i have been doing this for years, never had an issue...
According to some, you should be toothless with a hole in your throat about now. Your wife must be wild about ya. :rolleyes:

RaceBookJoe
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM
According to some, you should be toothless with a hole in your throat about now. Your wife must be wild about ya. :rolleyes:

I can see that, esp if you swish it around your mouth and then gargle with it..but i only do that when i am trying out for next seasons "swamp people"...gotta love a show filmed in America, with Americans..and you still need subtitles to watch haha. rbj

boxcar
03-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't think he's buying the raw/unfiltered like we are in Bragg's.

Oh, yeah...the 100% pure, unadulterated, unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar. Buy it in a gallon jug and then pour it into smaller bottles, the smallest being a dropper bottle which we use mainly for our puddies.

The best way to take that stuff is in small doses 2 to 3 times a day.

Boxcar

Dave Schwartz
03-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I can see that, esp if you swish

Are we talking about the same BigMack that is always talking about his female conquests?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
03-23-2012, 04:09 PM
wow so this stuff either gives you energy and has a delightful flavor and full bouquet, or it does severe damage to your throat and could take the enamel off your teeth.

Grits
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
BeeMack, the only way to take cider vinegar is the Southern way, (and you living in SoCal wouldn't know this), so I'm gonna tell ya.

Go to the farmer's market, get two or three nice, small, just picked cucumbers. Don't peel them, slice them, shake a little sea salt and pepper on them, poor cider vinegar over them to cover, then refrigerate for a while.

Next get your skinless, deboned chicken breasts ready for the grill, they too, can be placed in the fridge in your favorite marinade or sauce.

In the meantime, you've also bought these other veggies at the FM. While your vinegar is mingling with your cukes, wash your fresh asparagus, cut your fresh toMAHtos in half, drizzle each with olive oil, a dash of sea salt and pepper. Then, set it aside.

Next go to work on your Alligator River Potatos, the A.R. is here in NC near the Outer Banks, big old span of brackish water, it is. Take large baking potatos, wash and dry, do not peel, cut in large cubes. Take sweet Vidalia onions from Georgia, peel and quarter, do not split quarters apart (smaller chunks if onion is large). Combine, maybe, two parts potato to one part onion on a large square of heavy aluminum foil. Place two or three nice size slices of butter, real nice sizes, on top of each square, again, a bit of sea salt and pepper. Wrap tightly, place on a pan and cook in 425 degree oven about an hour, little more . . . maybe (depends on your oven).

When the potatos are almost done, throw your chicken on the grill and saute' to perfection, leave nice color outside, and juicy within. Shortly after, add your asparagus and your toMAHtos, and char them beautifully. When all is ready to come off, remove your A.R.P.s from the oven, open to cool. And finally, get your biggest container of sour cream out of the fridge to top on your delicious potatos.

It goes without saying, enjoy your favorite beverages, and garlic bread.

This is how you take vinegar; remember, it don't take much! :lol:

Why ... the stuff can create an entire meal!

ldiatone
03-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Start things off by reporting...

I've had the jones for ohmLets of late. Went in search of the fluffiest. Long story shirt, discovered (& iM appalled Chicky dint tell me about this)

BAKING eggs. Mix-up a beautiful concoction with feta cheese, toeMato, UnYawn, sauSa G, THE WOIKS. Throw it in a pan. Bake it in the oven.

Fluffy & Beautiful.

I, Mack, downed a lovely plate of oven baked omelettes taday. :p

called a "frittata". very popular. now add some toasted bread cubes and you have a "Stratta". what we call them at work. add a pie crust to the bottom of the pan and use swiss cheese and......quiche(lorraine, if you add bacon).
for a healthier version use ony egg whites.

ldiatone
03-23-2012, 04:37 PM
BeeMack, the only way to take cider vinegar is the Southern way, (and you living in SoCal wouldn't know this), so I'm gonna tell ya.

Go to the farmer's market, get two or three nice, small, just picked cucumbers. Don't peel them, slice them, shake a little sea salt and pepper on them, poor cider vinegar over them to cover, then refrigerate for a while.

Next get your skinless, deboned chicken breasts ready for the grill, they too, can be placed in the fridge in your favorite marinade or sauce.

In the meantime, you've also bought these other veggies at the FM. While your vinegar is mingling with your cukes, wash your fresh asparagus, cut your fresh toMAHtos in half, drizzle each with olive oil, a dash of sea salt and pepper. Then, set it aside.

Next go to work on your Alligator River Potatos, the A.R. is here in NC near the Outer Banks, big old span of brackish water, it is. Take large baking potatos, wash and dry, do not peel, cut in large cubes. Take sweet Vidalia onions from Georgia, peel and quarter, do not split quarters apart (smaller chunks if onion is large). Combine, maybe, two parts potato to one part onion on a large square of heavy aluminum foil. Place two or three nice size slices of butter, real nice sizes, on top of each square, again, a bit of sea salt and pepper. Wrap tightly, place on a pan and cook in 425 degree oven about an hour, little more . . . maybe (depends on your oven).

When the potatos are almost done, throw your chicken on the grill and saute' to perfection, leave nice color outside, and juicy within. Shortly after, add your asparagus and your toMAHtos, and char them beautifully. When all is ready to come off, remove your A.R.P.s from the oven, open to cool. And finally, get your biggest container of sour cream out of the fridge to top on your delicious potatos.

It goes without saying, enjoy your favorite beverages, and garlic bread.

This is how you take vinegar; remember, it don't take much! :lol:

Why ... the stuff can create an entire meal!
grits..honey love ya babe but when you throw the chickens on the grill one generally grills the chicken :rolleyes: not saute unless you are using a "sautoir" or a "sauteuse"... ok saute pans. i do that w/ potatos all the time but throw them on the top part of the grill and close the top. just like a oven.
ok are you a gas or coal person?
those vadilia onions....great for french onion soup...and speaking of 'gras
just bought a 1lb. bunch of white asparagus .99$ a pound! nice value

boxcar
03-23-2012, 04:43 PM
wow so this stuff either gives you energy and has a delightful flavor and full bouquet, or it does severe damage to your throat and could take the enamel off your teeth.

Remember now: I was reading my stuff off the label of the bottle. (I guess they had the fill up the space on the label with something.) I never made any personal claims about its delightful flavor or its full bouquet -- nor would I ever. :D

Boxcar

ldiatone
03-23-2012, 04:44 PM
speaking of vinegars....if one can find a nice Raspberry vinegar. its great to use on saute chicken and use it as a wine instead of wine. not to much. some heavy cream mellows it out. back in the 70's a popular french dish was "Chicken w/ 3 vinegars"

Grits
03-23-2012, 05:07 PM
grits..honey love ya babe but when you throw the chickens on the grill one generally grills the chicken :rolleyes: not saute unless you are using a "sautoir" or a "sauteuse"... ok saute pans. i do that w/ potatos all the time but throw them on the top part of the grill and close the top. just like a oven.
ok are you a gas or coal person?
those vadilia onions....great for french onion soup...and speaking of 'gras
just bought a 1lb. bunch of white asparagus .99$ a pound! nice value

You're right IdiaT., wrong wording. I used saute (or should I have used "slather" LOL) because I was thinking about brushing that nice marinade with Italian or Greek seasoning, or barbecue sauce all over the chicken!!

Darlin', I can't regulate coals to save my life. I can only do the gas thing, and I have two of those--a big one that, like yours has two levels, and a real small one that I love just large enough for four steaks, chicken breasts, or shrimp/scallop skewers. They're both Weber.

This thread, had I not eaten lunch would have me very hungry. ;)

I wish we had a thread for only the grilling that all you guys do. And I KNOW YOU DO! Men are champions, the masters of it. Us ladies, nope, not so much. I always did all the prep work and all the sides--the "former" did all the grilling. Over the last ten years, I've taught myself a bit, mostly chicken and fish, but nothing like I was accustomed to.

Summer's almost upon us, you guys think about a "grill" thread. I'd read every word. I can do all kinds of "back up."

(I bought myself and my mom, one for each of us, a Keurig coffeemaker 3 days ago, heck, I've found my new best friend forever! We're having a blast. There's always something going on somewhere cooking wise--grilling, gadgets, tips, recipes, you name it. Its all good, good stuff.)

ldiatone
03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
You're right IdiaT., wrong wording. I used saute (or should I have used "slather" LOL) because I was thinking about brushing that nice marinade with Italian or Greek seasoning, or barbecue sauce all over the chicken!!

Darlin', I can't regulate coals to save my life. I can only do the gas thing, and I have two of those--a big one that, like yours has two levels, and a real small one that I love just large enough for four steaks, chicken breasts, or shrimp/scallop skewers. They're both Weber.

This thread, had I not eaten lunch would have me very hungry. ;)

I wish we had a thread for only the grilling that all you guys do. And I KNOW YOU DO! Men are champions, the masters of it. Us ladies, nope, not so much. I always did all the prep work and all the sides--the "former" did all the grilling. Over the last ten years, I've taught myself a bit, mostly chicken and fish, but nothing like I was accustomed to.

Summer's almost upon us, you guys think about a "grill" thread. I'd read every word. I can do all kinds of "back up."

(I bought myself and my mom, one for each of us, a Keurig coffeemaker 3 days ago, heck, I've found my new best friend forever! We're having a blast. There's always something going on somewhere cooking wise--grilling, gadgets, tips, recipes, you name it. Its all good, good stuff.)

put that saute pan right on the grill and saute....no problem. it gets a bit hotter if you can believe it. add the vino and watch the fire works! :eek:
doesn't take as long. hell i grill everything when i grill and i use the vinegars and oils and bbq sauce and and and anything for marinades. save those little packs of soy sauce, hot sauce and duck sauce from your chinese take out and use them in the marinade.
the one thing i found w/ the Keurig machine...its great w/ no waste but a bit expensive..but 1 cup any time. not much decafe out there.
have you tried the hot chocolate or green tea? not bad the flavored cofffes are good also.

Grits
03-23-2012, 07:06 PM
put that saute pan right on the grill and saute....no problem. it gets a bit hotter if you can believe it. add the vino and watch the fire works! :eek:
doesn't take as long. hell i grill everything when i grill and i use the vinegars and oils and bbq sauce and and and anything for marinades. save those little packs of soy sauce, hot sauce and duck sauce from your chinese take out and use them in the marinade.
the one thing i found w/ the Keurig machine...its great w/ no waste but a bit expensive..but 1 cup any time. not much decafe out there.
have you tried the hot chocolate or green tea? not bad the flavored cofffes are good also.

Grilling everything is GOOD. Don't I wish. Bobby Flay does the same. Bless him! Bless you both.

I've got several "foo-foo coffees" as I call them that came with the Keurig. I'm not a big fan of many of them. I've been adding finely ground chocolate to my coffee for years, when I have one at night after dinner--I like the mocha thing. A little bit of Hazelnut once in a while is nice, too, but that's about it for the foo foo stuff. --The specialty brands that Keurig pushes? When one does the math, its beyond obvious how expensive they are. WOW. So, for this reason, when I bought it, I also bought the "My K Cup" filter, so that I can use my own coffee, per cup. Like this a lot, much less expensive. Honestly, it makes a wonderful cup of HOT, HOT coffee doesn't it? Haven't tried the teas yet, but I will at some point, I'm sure. I don't do decafe, IdiaT . . . . I'm all or nothing . . . . what else is new! LOLOL

bigmack
03-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey Grrrits - Nachos gracias on the koocumber tip. :ThmbUp: I did it already and it beats the suggestion on the bottle - "Tasty when sprinkled over popcorn" :eek:

That pollo dish looks inviting.

For an old biddy, you're fairly snappy. :D

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/520.jpg

Grits
03-23-2012, 07:45 PM
For an old biddy, you're fairly snappy.

Yes I am, BeeMack, and I could snap you like a twig. Old biddy or not!:lol:

I don't like being seen as that ugly woman with gunk on her face. I don't do that. I don't have to. ;)

WPL
03-23-2012, 08:17 PM
taday i et a patayta

boxcar
03-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes I am, BeeMack, and I could snap you like a twig. Old biddy or not!:lol:

I don't like being seen as that ugly woman with gunk on her face. I don't do that. I don't have to. ;)

Good comeback on the first line, Mzz. Grits. But you gotta work on leaving yourself so err...err....exposed as you did with your second line. ;)

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
According to some, you should be toothless with a hole in your throat about now. ...

There you go mocking me again. Well, the Holy Throat is a work in progress, but Obama got me covered.

Robert Fischer
03-23-2012, 10:57 PM
fried chicken, steak fries, and gravy (for both)

thaskalos
03-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Lamb with artichokes (after a delicious grilled octopus appetizer)...washed down with a nice bottle of white wine made by the monks of Mount Athos.

Let's Roll
03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Lamb with artichokes (after a delicious grilled octopus appetizer)...washed down with a nice bottle of white wine made by the monks of Mount Athos.
That sounds like a lovely meal, I have to try grilled octopus someday.

bigmack
03-23-2012, 11:29 PM
There you go mocking me again. Well, the Holy Throat is a work in progress, but Obama got me covered.
Aww man, I Keep Forgetin'. (Note to self: Write tune about this experience.)

Nice. BO gotcha cova'd. The ONE & ONLY time I was ever in a hospital (It's a large building with sick people, but never mind that) was after 4 days of severe abdominal pain, 5 days after I attended one of those parties where people pour any & every kind of booze imaginable in an aquarium. Mind you this was 25+ years ago. Anywho, I don't know who picked up the tab for that bill 'cause I know I never did.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

I stepped into a staple this eve - Lettuce wraps from PF Changs.

Who am I to complain?

http://www.theculinarylife.com/images/pf-chang-lettuce-wrap1.jpg

-mVpGmoES3w

johnhannibalsmith
03-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah, I had last night's leftover spaghetti as my only meal of the day.

I thought that someone needed to go lowbrow here.

plainolebill
03-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Sunburger for brunch, spaghetti for dinner and I'm going to make myself a pastrami with kraut in just a few minutes.

bigmack
03-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Sunburger for brunch, spaghetti for dinner and I'm going to make myself a pastrami with kraut in just a few minutes.
Now I got the jones for a reuban.

I rolled with the Jack Daniels mustard on those babies but once I discovered honey mustard for a reuban? Forget about it.

Was over a neighbors joint just now. Knucklehead was eating Count Chuckulas.

Some people I know live on cereal. I tried eating a bowl of Capt. Crunch a while back. Left my upper palate in shambles. Shoulda waited for the milk to 'soften it up.' :rolleyes:

plainolebill
03-24-2012, 02:52 AM
When I was a kid they had pastrami dips around town and I couldn't get enough of them, mainly because I never had much money. No real delis here, it's roll your own.

Try Grapenuts for your palate, unforgetable -

**The p sandwich was good. Had a few cookies after to balance out the salt. :D

Grits
03-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Box, oh no!! Mercy. :blush: I was talking about face creams. I don't go to spas having creams and cucumbers plastered all over my face. I was trying to say, for an old broad my skin's still pretty good.

I try hard to keep up with you boys, but I sure can take a bad step! :lol:

boxcar
03-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Box, oh no!! Mercy. :blush: I was talking about face creams. I don't go to spas having creams and cucumbers plastered all over my face. I was trying to say, for an old broad my skin's still pretty good.

I try hard to keep up with you boys, but I sure can take a bad step! :lol:

I got your back, Grits. I know what you were trying to say and how someone like me who loves Don Rickles could have responded. :D

Boxcar