PDA

View Full Version : The Late Paul Harvey's 1965 "Prophecies"

boxcar
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
This is incredible! This man had such keen moral/spiritual insights. You must listen to this. He knew what it would take to sow the seeds of moral decay in this society.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/03/21/the-prophetic-words-of-paul-harvey-from-1965/

Boxcar

Let's Roll
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM
This is incredible! This man had such keen moral/spiritual insights. You must listen to this. He knew what it would take to sow the seeds of moral decay in this society.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/03/21/the-prophetic-words-of-paul-harvey-from-1965/

Boxcar
Incredible indeed ! I always respected Mr. Harvey's work, this piece of audio
reinforces that even more.
Thank you for posting, Boxcar !

NJ Stinks
03-22-2012, 12:00 AM

BoxcarThe key insight is this line:

"In other words, if I were to devil I’d keep on doing on what he’s doing. Paul Harvey, good day.”

Harvey was describing what he saw in 1965. Now - almost 50 years later - conservatives are still crying the same wolf. I guess the law of averages will kick in some day. :rolleyes:

boxcar
03-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Paul Harvey's remarkable insights rival those of the late Christian philosopher/theologian Francis Schaeffer. Harvey seemed to have the same kind of profound biblical insights.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
The key insight is this line:

"In other words, if I were to devil I’d keep on doing on what he’s doing. Paul Harvey, good day.”

Harvey was describing what he saw in 1965. Now - almost 50 years later - conservatives are still crying the same wolf. I guess the law of averages will kick in some day. :rolleyes:

Virtually none of that stuff was going on in '65. Aids wasn't even around yet, which is the incurable venereal disease he alluded to.

But I'm not surprised you couldn't appreciate his commentary. How could anyone waiting for the arrival of Ameritopia, which Soros, Lerner, Van Jones and other radicals will usher in shortly? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
03-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm surprised that you aren't madder than hell at Mr. Harvey for providing "the Devil" with five simple paragraphs to follow as the blueprint for destroying society.

boxcar
03-22-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm surprised that you aren't madder than hell at Mr. Harvey for providing "the Devil" with five simple paragraphs to follow as the blueprint for destroying society.

The Evil One really has you duped. And that, sir, is what the deceiver does best.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
03-22-2012, 01:20 AM
The Evil One really has you duped. And that, sir, is what the deceiver does best.

Boxcar

I'll take your word for it.

TJDave
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Virtually none of that stuff was going on in '65. Aids wasn't even around yet, which is the incurable venereal disease he alluded to.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/devil.asp

Revisionism works as well today as it did 2000 years ago. ;)

boxcar
03-22-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/devil.asp

Revisionism works as well today as it did 2000 years ago. ;)

That was Harvey on the audio. Snopes has to prove that that particular audio didn't date back to 1965. Beck produces an audio but Snopes talks about internet versions?

But you are right. Revisionism is alive and well. This is how the "higher critics" butcher all the OT prophecies - and the NT ones, too, for that matter.

But don't worry, TJ. Keep your eyes peeled. Things are going to get so much better in this country. Just give it a hundred years or so. It took longer than that to take us to the edge where we find ourselves now.

Boxcar

bigmack
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
5h2qNXn8w0U

PhantomOnTour
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Paul Harvey was an icon, a great American who i truly enjoyed listening to.

mostpost
03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
If I were the devil:
1. I would inspire people to hate men who love men and women who love women.
2. I would inspire Muslims to hate Christians and Christians to hate Jews and Hindus to hate Muslims and Jews to hate Muslims and Christians to hate Jews and Sunni to hate Shiate and Irish Protestants to hate Irish Catholics; all so that they never recognize that they are each valid paths to salvation.
3. I would inspire people to look down on those who are less fortunate, and to consider those people as inherently inferior.
4. I would inspire people judge the value of others by how much they possess rather than how much they contribute.
5. I would inspire people to choose leaders who vilify the outliers in the society rather than those
Who value all segments of the society..
6. I would inspire people to create religious organizations in which half the population of the earth are considered second class members. And in some of which a false celibacy is considered preferable to a sanctified marriage.
7. I would encourage a false peity and arrogance in which everyone thought that their way to God
Was the only way and everyone else was evil personified.
8. I would make sure that schools did not have enough money to teach, that students did not have sufficient nutrition to learn properly, that the sick did not have access to health care, that the elderly could not enjoy a comfortable retirement, that the mentally ill could be cast aside to live in dumpsters and old refrigerator cartons, that people with addictions would be put in prisons to enrich private prison corporations rather than treated as the sick people they are.

Wait a minute. I got that wrong. That isn't what I would do if I was the devil.
That is the Republican Party platform. :eek:

TJDave
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
5h2qNXn8w0U

It's a miracle.

bigmack
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I would make sure that schools did not have enough money to teach, that students did not have sufficient nutrition to learn properly, that the sick did not have access to health care, that the elderly could not enjoy a comfortable retirement, that the mentally ill could be cast aside to live in dumpsters and old refrigerator cartons, that people with addictions would be put in prisons to enrich private prison corporations rather than treated as the sick people they are.
Truly inspirational.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Vomit.gif

Tom
03-22-2012, 09:15 PM
mostie.....if? :confused:

Actor
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
If I were the devil:
1. I would inspire people to hate men who love men and women who love women.
2. I would inspire Muslims to hate Christians and Christians to hate Jews and Hindus to hate Muslims and Jews to hate Muslims and Christians to hate Jews and Sunni to hate Shiate and Irish Protestants to hate Irish Catholics; all so that they never recognize that they are each valid paths to salvation.
3. I would inspire people to look down on those who are less fortunate, and to consider those people as inherently inferior.
4. I would inspire people judge the value of others by how much they possess rather than how much they contribute.
5. I would inspire people to choose leaders who vilify the outliers in the society rather than those
Who value all segments of the society..
6. I would inspire people to create religious organizations in which half the population of the earth are considered second class members. And in some of which a false celibacy is considered preferable to a sanctified marriage.
7. I would encourage a false peity and arrogance in which everyone thought that their way to God
Was the only way and everyone else was evil personified.
8. I would make sure that schools did not have enough money to teach, that students did not have sufficient nutrition to learn properly, that the sick did not have access to health care, that the elderly could not enjoy a comfortable retirement, that the mentally ill could be cast aside to live in dumpsters and old refrigerator cartons, that people with addictions would be put in prisons to enrich private prison corporations rather than treated as the sick people they are.

Wait a minute. I got that wrong. That isn't what I would do if I was the devil.
That is the Republican Party platform. :eek:

No. You got it right. :bang:

Tom
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Gee mostie, you got everyone of them wrong.
But most of them are really what the democrats are all about.

2,3,5 for sure.
The rest all are just plain BS that is targeted for weak minds by the dems.
But you knew that.

Dave Schwartz
03-22-2012, 09:52 PM
I have a friend that I respect very much. He is (historically) been a little liberal for my taste but he is coming around.

One day we went to lunch as we do several times per year and discussed the problems if the world. LOL - We (amazingly) agree on most of the solutions.

Anyway, I made a comment about how I felt my generation - baby boomers - had quite literally ruined the world since the '60s. He said, "What are you talking about? Things are so much better now!"

I sat across the table looking at him and just could not fathom that he felt - all things considered - that things were so much better now. His primary reasoning was that there was more freedom and less racism.

My point is that the mindsets of the left and right are so different as to have very little common belief in the middle. Sure, we can negotiate, solve problems and maybe come up with some real answers together. But the two belief systems are so different that they almost do not speak the same language.

This is why I never - NEVER - waste my time arguing political views. I have found that the majority of people know what they know. They do not want discourse on a topic: they want to convert you. And you probably are not open to conversion.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

HUSKER55
03-22-2012, 10:57 PM
you are correct dave. There is no such thing a a democrat with common sense.

Uncle Salty
03-22-2012, 11:12 PM
This is why I never - NEVER - waste my time arguing political views. I have found that the majority of people know what they know. They do not want discourse on a topic: they want to convert you. And you probably are not open to conversion.

+1

Dave Schwartz
03-22-2012, 11:33 PM

Husker,

Why do I feel like you unintentionally made my point?

:bang: :lol:

Dave

boxcar
03-22-2012, 11:50 PM

For that matter with any kind of sense. :D

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
03-23-2012, 01:21 AM
While you conservatives are patting yourselves on the back, here's my view of my generation - the Baby Boomers. (And yes, Dave, I do this even though I know there are no potential converts out there! :cool: )

When we were young, we were pretty damn good. Lots of garbage was tossed out the window because we stuck our necks out and changed things. And we really did expose the War in Vietnam for what it was. This stuff took some nerve and we had it.

But then we grew up and really got greedy. The financial industry lost all sense of right and wrong and caused a world recession. GWB, the most glaring embarrassment of my generation, started a war in Iraq for no good reason and decided to cut taxes a lot at the same time. Corporations decided that employee benefits like pensions had to go because of greed. Unions had to go too because everybody wants everything as cheap as they can get it and unions come at a cost just like pensions. Doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and the rest of the "healthcare industry" discovered that they had a cash cow that was undermilked. Finally, the ultimate greed - shipping jobs out of the country in droves because there is so much more profit by not paying an American worker even if the American worker had long forgotten the meaning of the term "employee benefit".

So today what do we have? Well, like Dave's buddy said, we are doing better with the social issues. Tolerance for other races, religions, and gays has never been better. But then we have the problems that had to come from so many greedy decisions. The middle class and below have much less choice when it comes to decent job opportunities. Not only are the manufacturing jobs scarce but you can't even start your own business without being taken out by the likes of Lowes, CVS, Fridays, or the ever-devouring Wal-mart. And if you are lucky enough to find a job, you work your ass off for less money (in real terms) and less benefits than your father did.

Of course, there is a big price to pay when so many people either cannot find a decent job or are so stressed out by working so hard for so little. Broken families leave one parent at home and the kids bomb out at school/life. Or, on the other end of the spectrum, kids grow up and never leave home, settle down, and get married. Why? Because the adult kids can't afford to leave home - let alone think about getting married.

I'm starting to ramble so I guess I'll stop. But I'll add two things before I do.

1. We need to rejuvenate the middle class and below. ASAP.

2. How could us Baby Boomers not at least legalize marijuana? Pretty hypocritical of most of us IMO.

mostpost
03-23-2012, 01:28 AM
mostie.....if? :confused:
That made me laugh. :ThmbUp:

highnote
03-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Truly inspirational.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Vomit.gif

I have bugged PA about the need for a vomit emoticon. This is the best one I've seen so far. I may have to save it so I can reuse it!

Actually, I just saved it. I opened it and it was animated just like the one above. Can't wait to use it :cool:

mostpost
03-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Husker,

Why do I feel like you unintentionally made my point?

:bang: :lol:

Dave
He will not understand what you mean.

mostpost
03-23-2012, 01:34 AM
While you conservatives are patting yourselves on the back, here's my view of my generation - the Baby Boomers. (And yes, Dave, I do this even though I know there are no potential converts out there! :cool: )

When we were young, we were pretty damn good. Lots of garbage was tossed out the window because we stuck our necks out and changed things. And we really did expose the War in Vietnam for what it was. This stuff took some nerve and we had it.

But then we grew up and really got greedy. The financial industry lost all sense of right and wrong and caused a world recession. GWB, the most glaring embarrassment of my generation, started a war in Iraq for no good reason and decided to cut taxes a lot at the same time. Corporations decided that employee benefits like pensions had to go because of greed. Unions had to go too because everybody wants everything as cheap as they can get it and unions come at a cost just like pensions. Doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, and the rest of the "healthcare industry" discovered that they had a cash cow that was undermilked. Finally, the ultimate greed - shipping jobs out of the country in droves because there is so much more profit by not paying an American worker even if the American worker had long forgotten the meaning of the term "employee benefit".

So today what do we have? Well, like Dave's buddy said, we are doing better with the social issues. Tolerance for other races, religions, and gays has never been better. But then we have the problems that had to come from so many greedy decisions. The middle class and below have much less choice when it comes to decent job opportunities. Not only are the manufacturing jobs scarce but you can't even start your own business without being taken out by the likes of Lowes, CVS, Fridays, or the ever-devouring Wal-mart. And if you are lucky enough to find a job, you work your ass off for less money (in real terms) and less benefits than your father did.

Of course, there is a big price to pay when so many people either cannot find a decent job or are so stressed out by working so hard for so little. Broken families leave one parent at home and the kids bomb out at school/life. Or, on the other end of the spectrum, kids grow up and never leave home, settle down, and get married. Why? Because the adult kids can't afford to leave home - let alone think about getting married.

I'm starting to ramble so I guess I'll stop. But I'll add two things before I do.

2. How could us Baby Boomers not at least legalize marijuana? Pretty hypocritical of most of us IMO.
Now there is a post with a lot of common sense. Admit it. You are not really a Democrat. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
03-23-2012, 01:35 AM

I've read this three times in its entirety and for some bizarre reason, probably some form of undiagnosed psychosis, I can't lose the theme from M*A*S*H in my head each time I try to read through.

mostpost
03-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Gee mostie, you got everyone of them wrong.
But most of them are really what the democrats are all about.

2,3,5 for sure.
The rest all are just plain BS that is targeted for weak minds by the dems.
But you knew that.
Thank you for the view from oppositeland.

NJ Stinks
03-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Admit it. You are not really a Democrat. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why you said this, Mostpost. Does it have something to do with me not being a registered Democrat or something else I said previously?

boxcar
03-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm not sure why you said this, Mostpost. Does it have something to do with me not being a registered Democrat or something else I said previously?

He probably thinks that you're not qualified to be one 'cause you aren't radical enough like he is. You've got to graduate to the Lerner or Piven or Soros level. Should be a piece of cake for you. You're 90% there already.

Boxcar

bigmack
03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Relax. He was trying to be coy regarding this line.