PDA

View Full Version : TVG and winter racing

JimG
12-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Now that winter racing is upon us, there is no doubt that TVG will not carry the Gulfstream or Santa Anita signal. I understand why with their competing services and all but it would seem the opportune time for TVG to pick up the Tampa Bay Downs signal.

The racing at Tampa Bay is very competitive with full fields and turf racing. They also race on an odd day (Tuesday) which I think would fit in nicely with the TVG programming.

Anyone have the scoop on why Tampa has not been picked up by TVG?

rrbauer
12-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Only guessing....Tampa doesn't want to sign over the farm to TVG and give them the exclusive that they want over the signal and wagering. TVG might be good for Tampa on Tuesdays, but what about the other days that Tampa races, when Tampa would have to take a back seat to NYRA or CDSN offerings?

Tom
12-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Insted of signing new tracks, they should try looking for filler misuic that doesn't bring on nausia! Without the talkingheads today, they must have searched high and long for that crap muzak they are playing around the races. Never heard anyhting so annoying. Finally turned of the TV and went to You bet. Postage stamp videoa without the music from hell is much more enjoyable.

JimG
12-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Insted of signing new tracks, they should try looking for filler misuic that doesn't bring on nausia! Without the talkingheads today, they must have searched high and long for that crap muzak they are playing around the races. Never heard anyhting so annoying. Finally turned of the TV and went to You bet. Postage stamp videoa without the music from hell is much more enjoyable.

Seems to me turning down the volume on your TV would have been the answer. Folks around here sure do get annoyed at the darndest things.

BillW
12-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Tom

It's probably tough to find "good music" that is cheaper than the salary of a few talking heads.
Music industry has us by the ... well you get the idea.

On another note, Oaklawn will become part of the winter lineup shortly.

Bill

Tom
12-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JimG
Seems to me turning down the volume on your TV would have been the answer. Folks around here sure do get annoyed at the darndest things.

With the sound off on the TV, I am not looking at the screen and don't when post time is getting near. The computer has that teeny little scree right there in the corner to look at.

cj
12-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Seems to me I could bet Santa Anita and Gulfstream last year with BrisBet, but I don't see them on the calendar this year. Is my memory just off?

Tom
12-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Last year, I bet and watched both YouBet.
From what I read today, YouBet will not be offering SA much longer. MEC will not be allowing ANYONE to take bets onMEC tracks except XpressBet. Not sure if it is true, but it is what I read today. Personally, I don't care for GP or SA and would much rather bet Tam than either.

JimG
12-27-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Personally, I don't care for GP or SA and would much rather bet Tam than either.

I think alot of people are starting to feel that way. Be interesting to see if, and by how much, Tampa handle goes up this year.