PDA

View Full Version : Road To The Roses -- Comments on Selections

Track Collector
03-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Hello,

There have been an increasing number of posted selections which have been disqualified due to non-compliance with the stated contest rules.

I decided to create this new thread so as to increase the chances of it being seen by those who need to be aware. In addition, I have also sent out a number of private messages to some of those folks.

Subject errors have included the following:
(a) Exceeding the maximum allowable 3 wagering interests per individual race.
(b) Specifying wagering types (such as trifecta and show) which are not allowed.
(c) Wagering on non-Thoroughbred races.
(d) Wagering more than your individual allowable amount.

It should also be noted that your individual maximum wagering amount is established and fixed prior to the start of wagering on that day. It will not change thru out that day.

If you need to, please go back and re-read the contest rules, and be sure to ask questions where something is not clear.

Thank You for your attention and cooperation!

Chris

mudcat
03-21-2012, 04:41 AM
post 29?
had a 4 horse ex box and bet on rebel( not listed on the standings if this was a no bet should i have recieved credit for the bet?

Track Collector
03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
post 29?
had a 4 horse ex box and bet on rebel( not listed on the standings if this was a no bet should i have recieved credit for the bet?

Hello mudcat,

If by credit you mean refund, then yes you did receive one for the 4-horse exacta box.

Chris

Track Collector
03-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

This contest is different from the Gapfire ROI Challenge with regard to the total races played requirement.

In the Gapfire ROI contest, one had to play AT LEAST 30 races, but could choose to play in up to a maximum of 93 races.

In THIS contest, everyone must play exactly 30 races. No more, and no less, if you want to be eligible for prizes and awards.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND as you work to get in at least 10 of the "mandatory" races.

We will help you by removing played optional races (i.e. treating them as "no-plays") if by playing the race it will prevent you from having enough races remaining to make the required minimum of 10 "mandatory" races.

One way we can NOT help you is if you pass up enough "mandatory" races and put yourself in a position of not being able to play enough of the remaining ones to qualify. As it stands today, some folks can ill afford to miss even one or two of the remaining "mandatory" races.

Regarding another contest aspect, we continue to see unacceptable wager TYPES such as Show and Trifecta.

Chris

Track Collector
04-20-2012, 10:03 PM
From the Say It Again department...........races going off AFTER the Lexington will not count.

If you need another race to make the required 30 total and you play a race one that goes off after the Lexington, it will not count, and as an unplanned result, you will have made yourself INELIGIBLE.

Track Collector
04-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Please see the REVISED Standings in my #69 posting.

Brian O'Rourke was originally shown to be ineligible, but his picks for Friday (04/20) were found on a different thread. Everything else regarding his selections was valid, so he has been placed back on the Standings sheet in the appropriate position.

Chris