PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg to the poor - starve!

Tom
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Haven't had time to find a link, but I heard on the news today NYC is refusing to allow certain foods be donated to the hungry - bagels, some soups, etc, because......get this......the salt and fat contents cannot be verified!

Found int.... http://news.yahoo.com/yorks-homeless-lose-bloomberg-tries-micromanage-220300203.html

This issue is such a shame. At what point will our society treat homeless people and the people who help them like human beings -- deserving of respect and dignity?

Not as long as "Blooming-idiot-berg" is King!

This guy is total tool.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-20-2012, 11:42 PM
I got so mad reading the article I couldn't stand it, I had to post. Couldn't believe there were no comments after 5 hours of the article's origin:

My God! (or Goodness for atheists out there.) How STUPID can governental bodies keep getting! They can eat out of garbage cans or pick up stuff off the street or sidewalk on their own choice, but oh no, we don't know the salt, fiber, etc. content of this donated food - icky poo, we can't let anyone eat these donated items, we must keep this food from them, regarless of whether they want it or not, whether they are very hungry of not. True Stupidity!

Can these kind people stand near the food banks and homeless shelters and hand these items out, or is this against this stupid law too?!!

The Goodie Goodies behind this need to do the homeless and the rest of us a favor, and stop doing the homeless and the rest of us ANY favors!

johnhannibalsmith
03-20-2012, 11:45 PM
I think Bloomberg has some sort of bizarre OCD about food or something. He can't seem to help himself trying to come up with bad ideas to save people from food... even if the biggest threat they face is the simple lack of it.

lsbets
03-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I think Bloomberg has some sort of bizarre OCD about food or something. He can't seem to help himself trying to come up with bad ideas to save people from food... even if the biggest threat they face is the simple lack of it.

Its not just food. Bloomberg is the classic authoritarian who things he knows what is best for everyone. Look at how far he has tried to extend his power. The man is horrible.

boxcar
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
I got so mad reading the article I couldn't stand it, I had to post. Couldn't believe there were no comments after 5 hours of the article's origin:

My God! (or Goodness for atheists out there.) How STUPID can governental bodies keep getting! They can eat out of garbage cans or pick up stuff off the street or sidewalk on their own choice, but oh no, we don't know the salt, fiber, etc. content of this donated food - icky poo, we can't let anyone eat these donated items, we must keep this food from them, regarless of whether they want it or not, whether they are very hungry of not. True Stupidity!

Can these kind people stand near the food banks and homeless shelters and hand these items out, or is this against this stupid law too?!!

The Goodie Goodies behind this need to do the homeless and the rest of us a favor, and stop doing the homeless and the rest of us ANY favors!

It's only going to get worse, Steve. Brace yourself. Be prepared. The actions of the Bloombergs of this world are consistent with their secularist humanism, which elevates Man above the stars. Churches have even been barred from giving away their bake goods because they weren't prepared in commercial facilities under commercial standards, etc. It's all about the tyranny.

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Its not just food. Bloomberg is the classic authoritarian who things he knows what is best for everyone. Look at how far he has tried to extend his power. The man is horrible.

Exactly right. I think he wants to be prez too.

pandy
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Wow that's dumb. I remember when Bloomberg raised the tolls and said it was to keep the air clean. What a micromanaging elitist.

riskman
03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Personally, I have already given up and checked out on the food nazi. The trust was broken when he manipulated the term limits rule with the vote in the city council to extend the term limits rule for the King. The damage just too much to ever repair in my book.

lamboguy
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
i am not in love with the food that people eat either. but its not up to me to tell them what they can or cannot eat. it might be my job to try to convince someone about the problems in overloading your system with sugar, but not my job to force them into anything.

while i believe that high sugar content for food is no good for you, its just MY OPINION. same as if i like a horse in tomorrow's 5th race in GULFSTREAM!

boxcar
03-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Wow that's dumb. I remember when Bloomberg raised the tolls and said it was to keep the air clean. What a micromanaging elitist.

And hypocritical! These libs are always calling for "social justice"; but where is there any when they deprive the hungry of food? Meanwhile, these fat cat limousine liberal elitists eat anything they want, all they want, anytime they want. Truly this story reminds me of the one Jesus told about the Rich Man and Lazarus. The Rich Man received his just reward when he died; so, too, will all the Bloombergs of this dark world.

Boxcar

pandy
03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Personally, I have already given up and checked out on the food nazi. The trust was broken when he manipulated the term limits rule with the vote in the city council to extend the term limits rule for the King. The damage just too much to ever repair in my book.

I had forgotten about that. What an egomaniac.