PDA

View Full Version : HRTV - What a Joke !!!!

edmond1
03-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Back in November HRTV was sending out its internet feed for free. Was amazed to see that the Santa Anita feed was seconds faster than the standard Dish Network feed - finally someone has got it right !!!!!

I decided to subscribe to HRTV for $9.99 p/m after free trial period only to find that feed was now equal to the DN feed. Contacted them and very surprised when by a tech person told me that they were unaware of this. Anyways decided to keep it until meet ends since feed still better than most other web feeds. What happens next - they change the layout of the site in early March and next thing you know feed is now seconds slower. I then immediately cancelled subscription.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THESE IDIOTS - and people wonder why this game is going down the drain - WAKE UP !!!!!!!!

proximity
03-20-2012, 10:30 PM
i've watched this channel a couple times at night and they'll be showing delta, penn, ctown, and maybe some harness..... things are going good.... and suddenly about half way through the cards they just up and cut away to some show about kids feeding pretty horsies carrots and riding them on woodsy trails.

makes no sense.

duncan04
03-21-2012, 12:41 AM
i've watched this channel a couple times at night and they'll be showing delta, penn, ctown, and maybe some harness..... things are going good.... and suddenly about half way through the cards they just up and cut away to some show about kids feeding pretty horsies carrots and riding them on woodsy trails.

makes no sense.

Lol. Yeah it sucks that they don't show night racing. I guess that is them being a "horse sports" network and not a "horse racing" network.

Striker
03-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Back in November HRTV was sending out its internet feed for free. Was amazed to see that the Santa Anita feed was seconds faster than the standard Dish Network feed - finally someone has got it right !!!!!

I decided to subscribe to HRTV for $9.99 p/m after free trial period only to find that feed was now equal to the DN feed. Contacted them and very surprised when by a tech person told me that they were unaware of this. Anyways decided to keep it until meet ends since feed still better than most other web feeds. What happens next - they change the layout of the site in early March and next thing you know feed is now seconds slower. I then immediately cancelled subscription.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THESE IDIOTS - and people wonder why this game is going down the drain - WAKE UP !!!!!!!!
Did you subscribe just to watch Santa Anita on HRTV? If so, I would tell you to sign up for free on calracing.com and they have live streaming video on their site.

shouldacoulda
03-21-2012, 01:38 AM
It may have to do with the delivery network they use and available bandwidth. I get multiple tracks on the OTB channel and sometimes the computer feed is faster than the TV and sometimes it's slower. No rhyme or reason.

jimmy m
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
The Main Problem i have with HRTV are The COMMERCIALS.I know they are needed but HRTV Goes way over the top.I love both Hrtv and TVG Im glad racing is on tv But Way too many.Last Saturday was painfull 1 race add throw it to Kurt and Brad show odds add went this way for a whole hour.

proximity
03-21-2012, 10:45 AM
The Main Problem i have with HRTV are The COMMERCIALS....

now if only i had an actual bankroll to put in at least one of my TWO aluminum wallets!!:(

Lasix67
03-21-2012, 10:51 AM
the answer is RTN.

edmond1
03-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Can't get RTN in Canada. Even so, RTN has a real-time delay of 5 seconds which is still unacceptable for me when technology exists to deliver feeds seconds faster ......