PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea.....escape

JustRalph
03-19-2012, 01:18 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/mar/16/escape-north-korea-prison-camp

Some read.........the fact that this environment exists.......staggers me

HUSKER55
03-19-2012, 03:54 AM
I took the time to read all of it. That is an incredible story. The biggest tragedy is that people in the west do not take this type of stories seriously just like people don't take the stories of muslims killing christians seriously.

thanks for the post.

Robert Goren
03-19-2012, 03:57 AM
I took the time to read all of it. That is an incredible story. The biggest tragedy is that people in the west do not take this type of stories seriously just like people don't take the stories of muslims killing christians seriously.

thanks for the post.What do you think we can do about it?

HUSKER55
03-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I wished I knew. Seriously. My first reaction is "how can anybody believe in that kind of doctrine and live it" in this day and age.

People get upset and tell a landlord, "either you get my air conditioner fixed today or you will meet my lawyer....tomorrow!".

I wish I had an answer,...really, ....I wish I had an answer.

On the upside, it makes me truly grateful to god that I am an American. No matter how much trouble the USA is in, life is better here. For now, maybe that is enough.

boxcar
03-19-2012, 02:35 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/mar/16/escape-north-korea-prison-camp

Some read.........the fact that this environment exists.......staggers me

I'm not.

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
The importance of the 2nd amendment on display

boxcar
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
The importance of the 2nd amendment on display

A lot of good that will do when Obama or someone like him declares martial law and sticks the military on U.S. citizens. Methinks we'd be outgunned.

Once you have someone as lawless as Obama in office all bets are off because citizens are no longer protected under the Constitution.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM
A lot of good that will do when Obama or someone like him declares martial law and sticks the military on U.S. citizens. Methinks we'd be outgunned.

Once you have someone as lawless as Obama in office all bets are off because citizens are no longer protected under the Constitution.

Boxcar

Why don't you move to North Korea for about a month and then come back and spout this garbage? :rolleyes:

boxcar
03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Why don't you move to North Korea for about a month and then come back and spout this garbage? :rolleyes:

Just because the grass is greener here now doesn't mean it won't wither soon. But you're too naive to recognize the signs, so enjoy your blissfulness while you can.

Boxcar
P.S. And besides, I thought you really enjoyed big, unlimited, controlling government. You should be relishing the thought.

HUSKER55
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
you do realize that the teacher that got killed in Yehmen was executed because his was a christian and that was his crime? The Muslims are taking responsibility for it.

then this out of Korea.

and we have BO.

I think there are some dots falling in line

Native Texan III
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM

thanks for the post.

From 1963 to 1988, (yes, 25 years) in the West, Irish Catholics killed, bombed and maimed Irish Protestants. Protestants did the same to Catholics. They were all nominally Christians, but none of them actually were. Noraid in US actually funded part of the weapons and explosives used in the killings - all the time pretending to be a peace organization. Once the rabble is roused then these things happen just as the decades of lynchings in US happened and folks stood by and looked the other way. Most folks are aware and hate what is going on but have little to offer as a cure. In past times people were ignorant of these things and were probably happier in their ignorance. Now it is 24 hours a day news with the media most interested above all in the body count rather than the act.

Rookies
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I wished I knew. Seriously. My first reaction is "how can anybody believe in that kind of doctrine and live it" in this day and age.
On the upside, it makes me truly grateful to god that I am an American. No matter how much trouble the USA is in, life is better here. For now, maybe that is enough.

Of the roughly 200 countries on earth, I'd want to visit perhaps 25% of them. And live ? Hmmm... perhaps a dozen.

The fact is that earth is hell on wheels for the vast majority of its inhabitants. If it's not tin pot/Pol Pot dictators of the left or right who abuse, subjugate and murder their own, it is religious zealots and fanatics or cutthroat tribal/rural/ band chieftains and strongmen!

The question then becomes what to do about it and who (other then the indigenous pop) should do anything/ a lot about it?

There's the rub.

We here split hairs over miniscule losses in freedoms/rights or government/ private sector control mechanisms. Over all, as Husker has mentioned we have it so good vis-a-vis the ongoing hells that the vast majority face daily, we simply lose and lack perspective.

Most of the world's pops would die trying to get to our safe haven countries to take our places, let alone having the nightly freedom to debate the finer points on Internet forums.

And the vast majority of us (other than Boxie Chicken Little) get it.

boxcar
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
And the vast majority of us (other than Boxie Chicken Little) get it.

The only "Chicken LIttle" around here is Momma Earth religious zealot Hcap who keeps telling us the earth is either going to freeze over or burn up due to evil capitalists burning fossil fuels. :rolleyes:

And let me you a clue about something Rooks: We have a president in office who has nothing but disdain for the U.S. Constitution. He hates the fact that it's a charter of "negative rights" that puts restraints on government. He has said that he would prefer that the document would have explicated for us what Government "needs to do for the people". But I say to you that is very dangerous thinking for all the people of this country who are protected by that regrettably flawed charter (which is what BO implied). Once a government gets it into its head that it "needs to do things", then who is to say that the things it "needs" to do won't be TO the people?

The world is filled with evil. There is no such thing as a benevolent government in this world -- only that some governments may be slightly better than others -- but all who are not already dictatorships are moving steadily toward some form of communism, including the U.S.

Boxcar