PDA

View Full Version : Can't watch racing after GP 11th

jognlope
03-17-2012, 06:25 PM
4 horse spill? Not sure. One just buckling and causing a chain reaction. Anyway, hope the news isn't horrible from this race.

shouldacoulda
03-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Didn't look good. My stomach did a flip flop. 2 jockeys still down when they signed off.

Valuist
03-17-2012, 06:46 PM
It looked like the 11 took the worst of it. The others who went down appeared to trip over the 11. Lopez had to get pretty roughed up.

mannyberrios
03-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Saw the race. I pray that everybody (horse, and jockey) are OK

CincyHorseplayer
03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah my stomach did a flip flop too.Scary.Hope everyone was allright.Last I heard one of the jocks was on his feet.That spill looked absolutely nasty.

The Bit
03-17-2012, 07:47 PM
I believe I saw on Twitter someone Tweeted all horses were ok. Not sure on riders.

BombsAway Bob
03-17-2012, 08:56 PM
4 horse spill? Not sure. One just buckling and causing a chain reaction. Anyway, hope the news isn't horrible from this race.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68164/riders-lopez-gallardo-in-spill-at-gulfstream?source=rss

SouthFlorida
03-17-2012, 09:26 PM
It was a nasty spill hope all horses and riders are going to be ok.

The spill happened right in front of me and from what I could see live and on the replay it looked like Paco tried to go thru a hole that wasn't there and clipped heels

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2012, 09:48 PM
It's amazing how a spill like that can result in no apparent serious injury to the horses involved...and yet fate would have Luck shut down because of dead horses and Aqueduct is now under the gun for the high number of fatalities over the inner-track this winter...I don't know what that just goes to show you, but it must go to show you something... :confused:

sammy the sage
03-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Luck..good or bad..

shouldacoulda
03-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Somewhat a miracle (thankfully) that the horses were okay. It was like an avalanche of horses with a jockey getting shot out here and there. Hope the jockeys are okay as well.

highnote
03-18-2012, 03:46 AM
Merriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark expedition wrote in his journal about one of their horses falling down a steep mountainside flipping flopping all the way down. He said the horse stood up and was fine. He said none of the men could believe a horse could survive a fall like that. (That is what I seem to recall from reading the book "Undaunted Courage".)

Here is an actual entry from Lewis:

"September 15, 1805

Several horses Sliped and roled down Steep hills which hurt them verry much the one which Carried my desk & Small trunk Turned over & roled down a mountain for 40 yards & lodged against a tree, broke the desk the horse escaped and appeared but little hurt Some others verry much hurt, ... when we arrived at the top As we Conceved, we could find no water and Concluded to Camp and make use of the Snow we found on the top to cook the remns. of our Colt & make our Supe, evening verry cold and cloudy. ... nothing killed to day except 2 Phests.
From this mountain I could observe high ruged mountains in every direction as far as I could see."

This link has several very interesting journal entries from Lewis:

http://herb.ashp.cuny.edu/items/show/700

It's amazing how a spill like that can result in no apparent serious injury to the horses involved...and yet fate would have Luck shut down because of dead horses and Aqueduct is now under the gun for the high number of fatalities over the inner-track this winter...I don't know what that just goes to show you, but it must go to show you something... :confused:

SouthFlorida
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Report on the local news here is Paco broke his collar bone and Gallardo just sore. Both to be released today (Sunday)

Shelby
03-18-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68166/injured-jockeys-lopez-gallardo-doing-well

Valuist
03-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Lopez's agent says he will likely be out 6-8 weeks.

TimesTheyRAChangin
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM
make use of the Snow we found on the top to cook the remns. of our Colt & make our Supe

Looks like they ate one of them?