PDA

View Full Version : The Big M: Sat., March 17

Teach
03-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Here we go again. Ol' Teach, a.k.a. "The Harness Mavin," has perused and scrutinized the Meadowlands card for his "exotic specials". Rupees, shekels, punts, pesos, euros, what ever you call "lettuce". Show me the dinero!

Race One: #2 One Through Ten just missed from "the outside" in his last. Chance to make amends against softer company. I must admit: No Value. "The Bionic Man," Tim Tetrick, should get the double started. #4 Cowboy Max
had a most impressive "qualie". Can he make it "in the big time"? Make no mistake, this is an extremely well bred Art Major, Jate Lobell colt. "THe Hall-of-Famer's" in the bike. May just put this youngster "on the engine". Any kinda horse. We'll see. I personally think he's faster than his qualifier indicates. Underneath: #6 Waywatcher and #8 Blues At Midnight.

Race Two: #1 Sky Tantrum draws the pylons. He now gets both post relief and, more importantly, class relief. As Steven Tyler of Aerosmith might have said about this horse's newfound chances: "Livin' it up when I'm going down." When's the last time this horse had the rail?: Dec. 22, 2011 at Chester. Bingo. Nuff said. #5 Trophy Hunter is my value-play in this race. I guess at first blush he doesn't look logical, but I think he's got a shot...at a price! I know the driver Chris Page has been struggling (his UDR is well below "The Mendoza Line"). Yet, as they say in the opening number in "Guys and Dolls" - Fugue For Tinhorns - "The (Teach) guy says the horse can do..." He did face better in the "Riches" He's now in with the kind he can handle. Underneath: #9 Art Star and #3 He's Great

Race Three: #1 Jimmie Hanover drops down and draws the rail. Should leave alertly. Should be ready to pounce down the backstretch. John Campbell can guide this horse to the winner's circle. #6 Blue Boy (not to be confused with a Gainsborough painting) ships in from the "Sunshine State" (will he notice the difference?) He's been hitting the tote with recent regularity. In his current sharp form, he can be a factor. Underneath: #5 TakeMeWithYou and #7 Diablo Seelster..

Race Four: #4 Laguna Beach could do nuthin in "the Rags" final. But now, hark, he's in with the kind he should be able to handle. Before his last race, he had hit the board in five-straight. Should go chalk. #2 Irish Elitist (got to use him on St. Patrick's Day) got parked out in his most recent effort; when last seen he was perambulating on the Paterson Plank Road. But, today's another day. He draws well and has the services of "Bionic". Begorrah, he brings a tear to me eye. Underneath: #1 AllAmerican Major and #8 Lemon Drop Hall.

Race Five: "I'm lookin' over a four-leaf clover that I overlooked before..." (If you remember that, you probably also remember Bob Hope and Jane Russell in "Paleface". Remember the song: "Buttons and Bows"? Anyway. I like the entry: #1 Risk Management and #1A Intrigued Royally. Risk Management just missed last week to Fool's Gold. I think the entry can prevail. Speaking of #3 Fool's Gold, he won last week. He's a major threat. He retains Tetrick. Should be a ding-dong battle. Underneath: #4 Freddy Day Hanover and #9 Boi.

Race Six: #5 Higher and Higher won last week from same post. Looking for his closing kick. Should have enough in the tank at the end. #3 Put On A Show hung tough into the stretch last week. Can be right there, again.
Underneath: #8 Anndrovette and #7 Royal Cee Cee.

Race Seven: It's the "Woolworth" Play, 5 & 10. Only, in this case, I'll start with the #10. #10 Rescue Plan should be closing like "Silky Sullivan" (late-50's) and should have enough to collar the tiring speed. #5 Western Trademark has faced indeed faced softer company, but he has won two-straight at that level. If he handles the class hike, he can be right there. Underneath: #2 Get It Now and #1 Drop Red.

Race Eight: #2 Gaelic Thunder (another hunch) won the final race last week like triple-crown winner Citation did in the 1950 Kentucky Derby. Any repeat of that effort... #1 Best Magic draws the pylons. He has faced better. "THe Hall-of-Famer" helps. On his best, he should be right there. Underneath: #6 Pan Grad and #8 Dragon Ahs.

Race Nine: #5 Morality won handily in this same company last week. This Cam's Card Shark-bred gelding should be out and going, again. One thing's for sure, no 25-1. #2 Regil Tiger does step up here, but he should benefit from a much improved post. Should be close-up down the backstretch. All he needs is the trip. Underneath: #3 Bam Bam Ray and #1 Alex Bullville.

Race Ten: #2 Oscar Oscar is the mystery horse. I thought for sure he was going to win last week in "the Rags" final. Now, he's in for a 25K tag. Go figure. Will the real Oscar Oscar please stand up! Yet, that said, if reasonably ready, he can romp. #1 Tongue Twister (not to be confused with "She sells sea shells by the sea shore.") had the dreaded number-8 post at "Hilltop" last week. He now draws the rail. This horse can be there. "The White Knight," Brian Sears, is a plus. Underneath: #3 Western Edge and #5 Cambassador

Race Eleven: #2 NF Independence with Brian Sears in the bike won last week in this company. A return to the winner's circle would not surprise. #1 The Admiral finished second to the top choice last week. No 10-1 this time. Underneath: #3 Legacy N Diamonds and #6 Gunmans Bandit.

Race Twelve: #5 All Summer Long ships in from Freehold Township. He won last Saturday despite being parked out for a good part of the mile. He looks like he can prevail. #3 Montecito N with the up-and-coming Joe Bongiorno in the bike is a factor here. He just missed last week; he can make amends. Underneath: #6 Hurrikane Scotty J and #2 Rader Detection.

melman
03-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Always enjoy your posts Teach. Lot of time and effort you put into it with plenty of little nuggests.

Bob Hope and Jane Russell?? Man you go back even farther than I do. :lol:

Next weekend put up some Freehold stuff please. Hey it's a short meet. :)