PDA

View Full Version : So Who Got The IPad3?

redshift1
03-16-2012, 02:39 PM
What's the verdict on the Retina Screen?

JustRalph
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
it's very very good, but not as good as I expected. Holding it up next to IPAD one it is much better. I am finding that some websites I used to magnify to read, I don't have to on this unit. Crystal clear. I have old eyes and this means a ton to me.

The best thing for me though is the responsiveness of the thing. Much much faster. Netflix via wifi looks fantastic on it.

still playing with it. Only a few hours in .

more to come

mannyberrios
04-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Just got one, love it

redshift1
04-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Just got one, love it

Downloaded any books yet from Kindle or Ibooks? The Justice Dept. is close to filling an antitrust lawsuit against the agency model for collusion resulting in a type of price fixing for digital books.

Maybe the crazy practice of charging more for digital copies than hard copies will finally end.

JustRalph
04-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Downloaded any books yet from Kindle or Ibooks? The Justice Dept. is close to filling an antitrust lawsuit against the agency model for collusion resulting in a type of price fixing for digital books.

Maybe the crazy practice of charging more for digital copies than hard copies will finally end.

i have never seen a a hard copy that was less than a digital copy?

redshift1
04-02-2012, 03:15 AM
i have never seen a a hard copy that was less than a digital copy?

Happens frequently enough depending on the popularity of the author and the publisher.

http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2011/03/why-some-e-books-cost-more-than.html

goforgin
04-21-2012, 07:53 AM
My 2nd post using the new IPad3. Doesn't replace the old laptop, but it's very nice. Get wi-fi at the OTB. Question for anyone using Twinspires. I can open up TS and view one track, but the track view stops when move back to the wagering screen, no sound, and then have to restart with the little play button. Also when go back to the odds, and the time to race wagering screen, the odds are frozen from the time I moved over to the video. Seems can only have one screen up and operating. When go back to the betting screen and odds, is there a refresh key that anyone is aware of? Otherwise, very happy with the IPad3.

JustRalph
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Download dolphin browser

Works much better than the built in safari with twinspires

I use it with multiple tabs etc......video actually runs in the background.

Be careful if you hit the refresh button near the web address, it always defaults to whatever the last track you selected was. I rarely have to refresh it.