PDA

View Full Version : What if...

CHeCK EyE
03-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Saratoga Racecourse has a successful meet all things considered every year. Hamlbetonian Day is a success every year. Monmouth Park doesn't do bad as far as handle goes, especially with their super meet. What if the Meadowlands implored racing on Saturday afternoons? I feel like it can be more of a family oriented day. Nice day bring the family with the picnic area, maybe bbq's and such. Night racing is great, don't get me wrong, but most people who come to the track a lot at night are regulars. Newbie's won't come to the track on a Saturday night, they'll go to bars and clubs. Racing during the day can be a win win for those types. Come to the track during the day and then can go out at night.

Anybody think this might work? Or even worth a shot?

Ray2000
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
If I had a mutuels breakdown showing what percent of the pools at Harness tracks, (particularly BigM in the evenings) came from tickets of $50 or more, then I could give a better opinion. On the face of it, I would think it would be a good idea for new betters, out for entertainment and a fun day/evening. But in the afternoons that larger 50$ action would go to the competing T-Bred tracks.

JMO

jimnancy
03-16-2012, 12:47 AM
My two cents the drivers would be able to do the Bim M in the afternoon and Yonkers at night.

CHeCK EyE
03-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Maybe just to test it out, try and do it a few times and see how it goes? With promotions for younger crowds. I'm 24, and I'm not like this, but people my age would rather go out to a club or something on a Saturday night than the races