PDA

View Full Version : The Romney Spin Machine

Frank DeMartini
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Here is an article I wrote about the election results yesterday:

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/03/the-romney-spin-machine/ (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2012/03/the-romney-spin-machine/)

NJ Stinks
03-14-2012, 02:26 PM
BigMack is going to love this article. ;)

bigmack
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm enjoying every bit of the ride. Martini can get shaken, not stirred. Boxie can bellyache. It just doesn't matter.

Brylcreem gets the nom and annihilates BO. All's well that ends well. :ThmbUp:

badcompany
03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm enjoying every bit of the ride. Martini can get shaken, not stirred. Boxie can bellyache. It just doesn't matter.

Brylcreem gets the nom and annihilates BO. All's well that ends well. :ThmbUp:

I don't understand why Conservatives are so in love with Santorum. He's a guy who got his law degree, worked a few years in the private sector and became a politician in his 20s. Whereas, Romney didn't go into politics until his late 40s.

They're kidding themselves if they think Santorum is a limited government guy. Meanwhile, Romney has a history of being a downsizer in the private sector.

With regard to the social issues, I don't need ANY politicians telling me how to act.

Frank,

What you all over at Brietbart (RIP Andrew) need to understand is that there's an inherent contradiction in current Conservative thought:

On one hand, Conservatives say they believe in limited government; on the other, they want to peak into everyone's bedroom and get involved in everyone's foreign affairs.

Robert Goren
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
For the record, Nebraska's primary is beauty contest. The delegates to the conventions are selected at the state conventions. The party hacks will be the delegates to national convention. They almost always vote unanimously for the winner. There have been some well publicized exceptions over the years, but they are pretty rare and the party does its best to make sure it doesn't happen.

DJofSD
03-14-2012, 03:12 PM
In the meantime, the battle goes on and the Romney spin machine continues to state the mantra in the first four paragraphs above. Unfortunately, that doesn’t say much about his positions and/or whether the electorate agrees with them. It just say that he is electable and inevitable.

Inevitable? You mean like death and taxes?

The unholy trinity: death, taxes and Romney. Perhaps the associate is correct.

ArlJim78
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't understand why Conservatives are so in love with Santorum. He's a guy who got his law degree, worked a few years in the private sector and became a politician in his 20s. Whereas, Romney didn't go into politics until his late 40s.

They're kidding themselves if they think Santorum is a limited government guy. Meanwhile, Romney has a history of being a downsizer in the private sector.

With regard to the social issues, I don't need ANY politicians telling me how to act.

Frank,

What you all over at Brietbart (RIP Andrew) need to understand is that there's an inherent contradiction in current Conservative thought:

On one hand, Conservatives say they believe in limited government; on the other, they want to peak into everyone's bedroom and get involved in everyone's foreign affairs.
I'm curious about this statement because I don't know what you mean by peaking into everyones bedroom. which conservatives are pushing that agenda and which issues are these? what are the policies that conservatives are supporting which would require a larger government role to monitor what people do in the bedroom?

and as far as foreign affairs go, well its rather hard being the worlds superpower and casting as large a footprint as we do to not be involved in foreign affairs everywhere. If you mean fighting everyones wars well I would say that this is not only a conservative matter. Obama has been quite willing to arbitrarily throw around our weight, start wars, dictate what other countries must do, engage in the drone wars even if it means crossing into Pakistan and killing innocent people while so doing. there are hawks and doves in both parties.

I agree about Santorum, anyone is better than Obama but he would not be my choice.