PDA

View Full Version : Chester pic4 today

melman
03-14-2012, 01:38 PM
If your betting Chester WPS not bad at 17% ex's at 20% forget the rest. The take goes from 26% to an ugly 32% for the super.
However the take for the pic4-------15%

R7 5-4
R8 8-2-3-7
R9 1-7
R10 3-7-1-6

BTW FREE pp's for these races at Ustrotting.com

melman
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Also same deal at Balmoral tonight. Pic4 with 15% take with FREE pp's.

Chester today
R5 5
R6 5

LottaKash
03-14-2012, 01:53 PM
If your betting Chester WPS not bad at 17% ex's at 20% forget the rest. The take goes from 26% to an ugly 32% for the super.
However the take for the pic4-------15%

R7 5-4
R8 8-2-3-7
R9 1-7
R10 3-7-1-6

BTW FREE pp's for these races at Ustrotting.com
Mel thx for the reminder of the "numbers-%"....I mark them down but I always forget them off the top of my head, and forget wherre I put the #'s, haha!...Old Age hunh?....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

best,

melman
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
At Chester R5 the 5 banged down to 6-5 try a couple ex'x 5 with 4-1

Johnny Cash---You can get all the take number % at BobbyZ's web site. Lists them at the top of selection page.

lamboguy
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
GURAL PUTS HIS $$$ UP FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Gural wants USTA to address marketing fund
March 14, 2012 harnessracing.com

A statement has been issued regarding Jeff Gural, operator of the New Meadowlands Racetrack and Tioga and Vernon Downs, and his hopes that the U.S. Trotting Association will address results of a recent USTA poll of members in the state of Delaware, New York and Pennsylvania at its annual meeting which begins Sunday. Gural wrote a letter to USTA executive vice president and CEO Mike Tanner late last month and asked for discussion of his proposed initiatives at the meeting. The Gural press release follows.

A poll of USTA members in the state of Delaware, New York and Pennsylvania sent to all USTA members in those states has shown overwhelming support for the concept of using a tiny portion of the slots money to enhance the capabilities of testing labs in their efforts to deter the use of non-therapeutic and illegal substances in racehorses; 84% of those responding supported the idea.

The second (poll) question relates to using slots money for marketing in conjunction with the racetracks and in that case almost 87% responded favorably to the idea. (The poll was done by Plante and Moran with the cooperation of the USTA but was paid for by Jeffrey Gural. Mr. Gural commented that he was extremely pleased with the results and truthfully somewhat surprised by the overwhelming support that both ideas had. He mentioned that he made a similar proposal at the USHWA Banquet and received a standing ovation. He commented that there appears to be a disconnect between the leaders of the horsemen's association and the members. He is however,hopeful that these poll results will finally bring action on the part of the industry to use a small portion of the hundreds of millions of dollars from slots revenue to solve the drug problem, get us on national television and utilize other marketing tools that are available but at the present time unfunded.

Mr. Gural has asked the directors of the USTA to take this matter up when they meet next week and form a committee to look into the feasibility of implementing this type of approach in order to accomplish these goals; especially trying to bring younger people into the industry.

As recent events have shown, relying on long-term government support is risky and it is time we take action using the resources that are available to help solve our long and short term problems.

(Editor's Note: the U.S. Trotting Association recently polled its membership in Delaware (985), New York (2,595) and Pennsylvania (1,557)--although the costs of the poll were paid by Mr. Gural and handled by an outside company.)

LottaKash
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
At Chester R5 the 5 banged down to 6-5 try a couple ex'x 5 with 4-1

Johnny Cash---You can get all the take number % at BobbyZ's web site. Lists them at the top of selection page.

Thx Mel for pointing that out....:ThmbUp:

And, to Bobby Z, thx for you too.for posting them...:ThmbUp:

best,

LottaKash
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM
GURAL PUTS HIS $$$ UP FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Gural wants USTA to address marketing fund
March 14, 2012 harnessracing.com

A statement has been issued regarding Jeff Gural, operator of the New Meadowlands Racetrack and Tioga and Vernon Downs, and his hopes that the U.S. Trotting Association will address results of a recent USTA poll of members in the state of Delaware, New York and Pennsylvania at its annual meeting which begins Sunday. Gural wrote a letter to USTA executive vice president and CEO Mike Tanner late last month and asked for discussion of his proposed initiatives at the meeting. The Gural press release follows.

A poll of USTA members in the state of Delaware, New York and Pennsylvania sent to all USTA members in those states has shown overwhelming support for the concept of using a tiny portion of the slots money to enhance the capabilities of testing labs in their efforts to deter the use of non-therapeutic and illegal substances in racehorses; 84% of those responding supported the idea.

The second (poll) question relates to using slots money for marketing in conjunction with the racetracks and in that case almost 87% responded favorably to the idea. (The poll was done by Plante and Moran with the cooperation of the USTA but was paid for by Jeffrey Gural. Mr. Gural commented that he was extremely pleased with the results and truthfully somewhat surprised by the overwhelming support that both ideas had. He mentioned that he made a similar proposal at the USHWA Banquet and received a standing ovation. He commented that there appears to be a disconnect between the leaders of the horsemen's association and the members. He is however,hopeful that these poll results will finally bring action on the part of the industry to use a small portion of the hundreds of millions of dollars from slots revenue to solve the drug problem, get us on national television and utilize other marketing tools that are available but at the present time unfunded.

Mr. Gural has asked the directors of the USTA to take this matter up when they meet next week and form a committee to look into the feasibility of implementing this type of approach in order to accomplish these goals; especially trying to bring younger people into the industry.

As recent events have shown, relying on long-term government support is risky and it is time we take action using the resources that are available to help solve our long and short term problems.

(Editor's Note: the U.S. Trotting Association recently polled its membership in Delaware (985), New York (2,595) and Pennsylvania (1,557)--although the costs of the poll were paid by Mr. Gural and handled by an outside company.)

Thx for posting this Lambo....Even if it is an "illusion", still, it makes me feel better that there is at least, someone(s) that have some forward thinking about better and more profitable ways in an effort to keep this sport, that we love so much, ALIVE & HEALTHY....

Here's hopin that the message is, perhaps, finally reaching those that should know this about the life that they are in and commited to...One that needs immediate care and nurturing from hereon, if the sport is to continue.....As is, I don't hold out much hope for a better and healthier game....

I pray for real change....

best,

best,

melman
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Note for Beaucap----Bazilla is back in at Woodbine. Friday R7 has the 3 post with 6-1 on the line.

lamboguy
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Thx for posting this Lambo....Even if it is an "illusion", still, it makes me feel better that there is at least, someone(s) that have some forward thinking about better and more profitable ways in an effort to keep this sport, that we love so much, ALIVE & HEALTHY....

Here's hopin that the message is, perhaps, finally reaching those that should know this about the life that they are in and commited to...One that needs immediate care and nurturing from hereon, if the sport is to continue.....As is, I don't hold out much hope for a better and healthier game....

I pray for real change....

best,

best,i don't know this guy JEFF GURAL, but i sure love him. i also know of people that have been going to THE NEW MEADOWLANDS since he has been running the place, and they are having some great times there.